It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
RWarehall: So, I agree with you. Posts like that and your support of them do make the forum look bad (just not in the way you think).
Yeah, it's... "subjective". As I said, some would stay ("good, at least a forum that respects Milo Yiannopoulos, I'll feel at home here") and some would just vomit on their keyboard.

But if you and the current gog community are to Yiannopoulos what Infinity9 is to Pinochet, yeah, Fables22 will have troubles enforcing decency rules around here. How can you moderate any form of "hate speech" (be it racism, islamophobia, mysogyny, homophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia, etc) if their proponents consider that merely qualifying them as such is "name calling" ?

Goog luck with that, GOG.
RWarehall: So, I agree with you. Posts like that and your support of them do make the forum look bad (just not in the way you think).
Telika: Yeah, it's... "subjective". As I said, some would stay ("good, at least a forum that respects Milo Yiannopoulos, I'll feel at home here") and some would just vomit on their keyboard.

But if you and the current gog community are to Yiannopoulos what Infinity9 is to Pinochet, yeah, Fables22 will have troubles enforcing decency rules around here. How can you moderate any form of "hate speech" (be it racism, islamophobia, mysogyny, homophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia, etc) if their proponents consider that merely qualifying them as such is "name calling" ?

Goog luck with that, GOG.
Well you cannot moderate it by allowing a bunch of self-centered individuals who see isms in everything self-moderate the forum. If you cannot understand why Vain will get downrated for calling yet something else misogynistic and Islamophobic or whatever, I cannot help you. He's been calling people these names for over 2 years. Disagree with an open border does not equal xenophobia. Disagree with a female cultural critic does not make one sexist. The world is not black and white.

You and he oversimplify everything. And calling anyone who disagrees with you an "ism" does not make it a "decent" community, it makes it a shithole.
low rated
RWarehall: So let me guess Milo is misogynistic and Islamophobic because Breitbart?
Well, this Milo guy has:

1. Written an article for Breitbart titled "Why Women Should Leave the Internet" that was clearly misogynistic.
2. Has blamed the entire religion of Islam for the Pulse shooting in Orlando.

So yes, I would say that he is misogynistic and Islamophobic.

(Not to mention that he is also transphobic.)

(One more thing: I will *not* link to the article I mentioned in point 1, as I am not willing to link to Breitbart at all (not even an archived or image version).)
RWarehall: So let me guess Milo is misogynistic and Islamophobic because Breitbart?
dtgreene: Well, this Milo guy has:

1. Written an article for Breitbart titled "Why Women Should Leave the Internet" that was clearly misogynistic.
2. Has blamed the entire religion of Islam for the Pulse shooting in Orlando.

So yes, I would say that he is misogynistic and Islamophobic.

(Not to mention that he is also transphobic.)

(One more thing: I will *not* link to the article I mentioned in point 1, as I am not willing to link to Breitbart at all (not even an archived or image version).)
Again, your definition of "clearly" seems to lack any context. Besides, by Googling that "title" I find it isn't the actual title of the article at all. But that is the title as quoted by "WeHuntedTheMammoth". Talk about ideological...

So starting right there, you are spreading misinformation. You are quoting a site with a political slant. But I guess that means you feel "entitled" to name-call everyone. You are right and no one can disagree...

Now, if you read the actual article without looking for offense, maybe you'd see the point he is making. Fact one: more men are harassed online than women. Fact two: women complain about harassment almost 2 to 1. And his point in the article is that maybe, if its bothering people so much, they can turn it off rather than trying to turn it into an issue of sexism when it's a rampant problem for everyone, even moreso for men.

But when you are looking for reasons to name call people, I guess you aren't trying to read context, or rather will let "WeHuntedTheMammoth" tell you what you should think.

-----------------

As to the Pulse nightclub shooting...why did it happen? It was an Islamist correct? He attacked the club because it was a gay nightclub, right? In many (if not most) Muslim states, it's the death penalty to be LGBT. And Milo is gay too. So when he talks about core issues with Islam, I can see why he may have some serious issues. Now, if you'd actually (again) READ WHAT HE SAID on the matter, on not take it out-of-context as black and white, you'd see he said he was doing his best to also provide humor to a bad situation.

Now yes, he places blame on the religion and some of it's stated tenets. Shouldn't he? Doesn't Christianity have the same problem? Isn't what he said FACTUAL? But you'd rather call him names like Islamophobic for stating the truth? There is a big difference between pointing out ACTUAL problematic issues with a religion's tenets and condemning each and every practitioner. I'd argue, the latter makes one Islamophobic, the former is speaking the truth as it is. The problem is you don't seem to even try to grasp any of this subtlety and given the above statement, it seems you are getting your headlines and opinions from ideological spin doctors...

Now that 4 of the 5 people I earlier named as "other side" forum issues have chimed in, let me say this to the 5th...

TinyE - Don't double-down on your bad habits like these 4. I don't think anyone has a problem with you attempting to make a funny joke here and there in virtually every thread. The issue is when you and others go into thread with the intention and purpose to derail any and all conversation. It's really not up to you to forcibly change topics you dislike.

------------------

Edit:
Here's the real problem. Too many people repeating the same rhetoric they are reading without even trying to think for themselves. The KingBradley's are reading every extremist right-wing leaning article and taking it all for absolute truth. The Telika and Dtgreenes doing the same for the "left".

How about all of you, look for the actual source material. Read conflicting views. Try to take your political blinders off and look at all the issues from the "other" side. If you bother to do this, maybe the issues will gather a bit more depth and then you'll see why simple name-calling and black-white thinking isn't helping anybody.
Post edited February 28, 2017 by RWarehall
Any chance we'll get a rule about intentionally distracting or hard to read posts?
low rated
zeogold: Fables, I'm going to give you 3 pieces of advice
Who are you exactly to give advice?

The arrogance is incredible.

zeogold: I believe nearly everybody here will agree on
You don't speak for me, so don't pretend to.

So much arrogance.

zeogold: Start banning as quickly as possible.
This would be good, starting with you.

You've used GoG's resources and system to farm members to your forum, you know, the one written in Notepad.

That should be a bannable offence and I say you should be permanently banned for that.

I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this.

Breja: But surely if you have any decency you want people like that gone from here just as much as I do
You're part of the problem, you repeatedly trash threads and posts you and the tiny one don't like, incessantly whine that you want threads closed and call people names.

I think you should be banned, perma-ban for you.
Post edited February 28, 2017 by Kleetus
Kleetus: snip
Ooh, looks like someone's mad because they weren't allowed in.
Attachments:
dtgreene: Well, this Milo guy has written an article for Breitbart titled "Why Women Should Leave the Internet" that was clearly misogynistic.
Actually, this Milo guy wrote an article about how women get too easily offended.

And you got offended.

Thanks for proving his point, I guess...
low rated
dtgreene: Well, this Milo guy has written an article for Breitbart titled "Why Women Should Leave the Internet" that was clearly misogynistic.
fronzelneekburm: Actually, this Milo guy wrote an article about how women get too easily offended.

And you got offended.

Thanks for proving his point, I guess...
That Milo guy has publicly harassed a transgender student; therefore he does not deserve any respect.

The reason that women get offended is because men are actually being offensive. Imagine that!
low rated
deleted
Post edited February 28, 2017 by Fairfox
low rated
dtgreene: That Milo guy has publicly harassed a transgender student
Nonsense.
low rated
Okay, at least one point has been clarified.

The argument is about considering Milo Yiannopoulos as the standard of virtue that should be expected by gog forumers, or considering that his discourses and ideology are below the code of conduct that the forum should accept.

Not much room to the right of that debated threshold, is there ?

But yeah, that's where we're at. Having to decide whether calling a Milo Yiannopoulos "misogyne and islamophobe" is information or "name calling". In other words, should the gog forums be modelled after Breitbart or not.

Up to Fables22 to define the line, and GOG.com's identity.
low rated
why are you people even talking about milo? For starters, he has nothing to do with forum moderation. :P

Second, he's been fired, his book deal canceled, all his planned speaking engagements axed, he's done, his 15 minutes are over.

He went on Bill Maher thinking he would make a splash and what happened is, as Bill expected, when given an open mike and a world wide audience he only proved capable of exposing himself for the hate mongering fraud that he is, and now he's gone.

Next year at this time that little shit is going to be asking "You want fries with that?"

It's over. If you were a fan of his, my condolences.
low rated
Telika: Milo Yiannopoulos as the standard of virtue that should be expected by gog forumers
I'm going to change my name to Kleetus Kliannopoulos and bleach my hair.
low rated
Telika: Milo Yiannopoulos as the standard of virtue that should be expected by gog forumers
Kleetus: I'm going to change my name to Kleetus Kliannopoulos and bleach my hair.
I can pronounce Kleetus but that other name (Kliannopoulos) has me stumped.