It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vainamoinen: . They can only dump rep on people (and occasionally do. Got a surprise 50 point rep boost overnight once), and that's favoritism in a nutshell.
That was probably on accident, actually. A few people got boosts like that by a glitch in the question-answering point thing.
pimpmonkey2382.313: The bad thing is I don't deserve the number I have.
While I understand your concern, does it really matter anymore? We've all been here for years and know that rep is utterly, utterly meaningless. 90% of everybody just ignores it, and the only people I've ever seen complain are RWarehall and some newbies who think that they'll be judged by the number. I was in the negatives for a majority of my time on this place and I know I've been well-loved by many in spite of this.
At this point, the best thing they could do would be not to bother doling out rep to "worthy" users, but to do away with the rep system altogether.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by zeogold
This is already heading direction (edit) Great Purge....
Post edited February 25, 2017 by Lin545
deleted
low rated
Lin545: This is already heading direction Gulag....
Capital Punishment going once... going twice... Gulag! We have a Gulag analogy from the Russian gentleman! Will anyone make a Holocaust comparison? Gulag going once...
Fairfox: Dude, I (still) get downvoted eeeev-er-eee post-tiemz becaaause of mah spellin'
To be fair, it is extremely annoying and led me to pretty much ignore your posts, as they are just a pain to read. Of course if that's the way you like it- power to you.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by Breja
low rated
If this thread of all threads turns into a flame war I'm jumping in the lake.

This time of year I'd be dead inside of five minutes.
Breja: Capital Punishment going once... going twice... Gulag! We have a Gulag analogy from the Russian gentleman! Will anyone make a Holocaust comparison? Gulag going once...
Holocaust? What protocol would allow sending lethal gas through IP packets?

I am gonna correct the "Gulag" line, Gulag does not actually accurately describe the direction as most false-accused were done so by careerists and corruption.

"Great purge / Yezhovshchina" would be more accurate, as in "three-men rapid judgement/execution squads, mostly on crowd gossips based upon personal dislikes/disagreements/greed (them, reputation points) from crowds", medieval witch hunt level.

I am starting to (once again) slowly agree with Emob78. I hope Fables enforces the policy precisely.
Breja: Capital Punishment going once... going twice... Gulag! We have a Gulag analogy from the Russian gentleman! Will anyone make a Holocaust comparison? Gulag going once...
See? And we've also managed to not bring up Hitl... ooo, I almost did it!
I wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't important to me. x)
Bookwyrm627: I'm certainly not official, but these don't seem like hard questions to me.
Not if enforced in a reasonable way, of course, and your examples would definitely be the reasonable way of looking at them. I suppose I was just trying to get a feel for how fables views them to try and figure out whether we're going to get a similarly reasonable implementation of the rules or just another power-mad autocrat looking to drain all the joy and individuality out of a forum by going all letter-of-the-law on everyone.

(No offense, fables; that's definitely more unfamiliarity than distrust.)
227: I suppose I was just trying to get a feel for how fables views them...
Fair enough, and a good question. With all due respect to Fables, actions will speak louder than words in the coming months. I, for one, am quite curious to see how things turn out.
deleted
high rated
Interesting to see many that decried moderation, constantly derailed threads they disliked or engaged in the same manner of hostile inflammatory behavior they bemoan in others celebrating tougher moderation practices. I guess we'll see what happens.
low rated
Johnathanamz: Oh ok so hate speech is bannable?

I'm ok with that.

Will you guys work more harder to ban the 1-800 LOVE spammers? As well as the scammers?
fables22: Yes, that goes without saying.

EDIT: You-know-what :)
Marioface5: Can we please make threads started by GOG staff stand out more? Threads like this one and the game removal warning threads would be far more visible if they had a blue font, or even just a blue icon like the newsposts do.

That was all I was going to say, but looking at the rules I actually have a question. Specifically, about this part:

What about content from or directly related to games sold on GOG? I'm sure there are already games sold here (Witcher, Huniepop, Neptunia) that include content that could be in violation of this rule.

Overall, I'm honestly not a fan of this rule. It's good to forbid harassment, intimidation, and threats. The rest of it, I don't know. It's all very subjective, and like I said there are games already sold here that would violate the rule the way it's currently written.

My biggest concern is over the "offensive in any other way" bit. Who gets to decide what's offensive? Going out of your way to offend people for the sake of doing so is something I wouldn't condone, and I understand that being against the rules. But what about people who simply have beliefs and worldviews that others are offended by? Why should they be forbidden to express or discuss their views, just because they don't match popular opinion? Who's to say that popular opinion doesn't offend them? I'm trying to make my point without any examples because I know any real example would derail the thread immediately.
fables22: There's been a couple of threads with a discussions on this in the recent past - I've attempted to find out from the community itself what the rules should be, what can be deemed offensive, etc. In all honesty, I didn't think we were going to reach a conclusion and we did not. It's something that's massively subjective and any rules imposed will never please absolutely everyone - hence this is something that's going to be handle on an ad hoc basis, as far as possible.

I just hope that the majority of you agrees with me on that we do need some rules, otherwise this community will never grow into a healthier one.
Sure we need some rules: no CP and no zoo pron.

Hope that helps. ;p

Good luck!
fables22: words
Please tell me if this is indeed the reason why I've been site blocked. Or if it is indeed something wrong with my DHCP assigned IP.

edit:
Oh my god, never mind.... I finally figured it out and I feel like crying, I'm so exhausted.
Something happened and my machine couldn't read the hosts file for the dns. I've literally spent 8 hours on this.
Post edited February 25, 2017 by micktiegs_8
fables22: snip
I support this, rules and regulation are needed in any online community. This issue is GOG staff can not be around enough to enforce said rules, and we end up in situations were someone can spend half a night spamming the boards with nonsense (case in point it is happening as I post this). This will leave the impression among new people who may be visiting the forums or GOG for the first time that GOG is not a professional community, where rules are not only adhered to but enforced. Now I know many are opposed to community moderation, but having served as a moderator and administrator to many internet communities over the years I do feel they work, and their are good people out there who can do the job fairly. GOG will either need to offer better community tools to help enforce rules or community moderation will slowing become a necessity as GOG grows.You can already see that as GOG has grown a lot in the past year or two, the general community has slowing became worse... as others have stated making some feel the need to start a separate forum community. While I have no doubt you (or other GOG staff) will try to keep up, this will likely become an impossible task down the road. Better to take care of it now.

I also support a new better / more modern forum software. Don't care about stuff being archived... would be nice to start fresh honestly.

GOG is obviously open to 3rd party services since they are using one for support now (ZenDesk), plenty of 3rd party forum software out there that could be put up within a day or two. Let's make this happen. GOG moves at a snail space... we need quicker action, and more of getting things done. Like all things on GOG we sit and talk about what the issues are but nothing really happens to address them.