It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Nameless Hero returns to GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, legendary open world RPGs return to GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> are the two final (and increasingly greatest) entries in the overarching "Nameless Hero" saga of the vast, open-world RPG series. Whether you go a bit retro with the quirks of <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span>, or with <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, which still puts open world RPGs to shame, you're about to venture into a world that stands open before you, ready with its reaction to your every single action. Explore the land filled with nooks and crannies, side with whoever you want, destroy anyone, or don't, and deal with the consequences. If that's not enough for you - make sure to try <span class="bold">Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</span> for more hours of adventure.

The Gothic series may not be perfect, but with years of community effort it gets darn near close. <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> can be modded up to modern standards with improved mouse controls, graphical updates, and various improvements - just check out our own forum thread on Gothic series patches, mods, and tweaks. <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> had its share of issues at launch, but the immense Community Patch solves nearly every single one of them. The patch is incorporated into the GOG.com release!

Return to the DRM-free land of Myrtana in <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, available once more, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will end on Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
Enebias: (because yes, as a fundamentalist Gothic zealot I don't consider Forsaken Gods and Arcania Gothic titles)!
Well, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is back, also published by Piranha Bytes.
Enebias: (because yes, as a fundamentalist Gothic zealot I don't consider Forsaken Gods and Arcania Gothic titles)!
Grargar: Well, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is back, also published by Piranha Bytes.
I noticed, yet I arbitrarily decided to keep ignoring it to exorcize the memories! :P

Edit:
ShadowWulfe: Gothic 3 is my favorite of the series simply because of the open world. Gothic 2 is great, but has some bumpy parts here and there
I always said that Gothic 3 is the best Elder Scrolls game ever made! :)
The gameplay is similar (and very different from the previous chapters), yet it has imo a much, much better crafted world that feels really alive.
Just... don't play it without the community patch.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Enebias
There goes the value of my hoarded copies!
[If that's not enough for you - make sure to try <span class="bold">Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</span> for more hours of adventure.

No, make sure you don't try it.

...the immense Community Patch solves nearly every single one of them.

Impossible, try a fight a wild hog.

Return to the DRM-free land of Myrtana...

GOG, what have you been drinking today?

Awful marketing news post.

Anyway, Gothic 2 is really worth playing. I just wonder how much they have actually improved the game? Maxed the settings?
They're back, good.
vicklemos: What's so special about Gothic? I mean, I know it's a great game but never played it...
What I liked about it when I first played Gothic many years ago was the aliveness of the world. You could go everywhere and climb and see the animals and explore everything without the game stopping and loading different areas. Also changes in the world were permanent (except for respawning of animals and characters).

I had not seen this from other CRPGs which somehow seemed more like movie experience where the world is constantly fixed behind the scenes in order to tell a story, where your freedom to explore the world is severely limited.

The first Gothic had also great factions and a nice medieval fantasy feeling.

But the top strength of Gothic was surely the open world engine - something there were unique at at their time.
Grargar: Well, Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is back, also published by Piranha Bytes.
Wisely, they omitted it from the promo. Otherwise it might have kept some folks from buying the bundle.
IAmSinistar: Wisely, they omitted it from the promo. Otherwise it might have kept some folks from buying the bundle.
Maybe Piranha Bytes subscribes to the same school of thought that Stainless does.
IAmSinistar: Wisely, they omitted it from the promo. Otherwise it might have kept some folks from buying the bundle.
I don't know about that anymore. I had often read from others that Gotic 3 is awful when compared to the other games and I would leave it at that. I never did any research on it personally, at least none that I can recall doing.
But Dray2k's post on the first page actually makes it sound interesting and fun. Its the first positive post I can remember seeing about G3. And since I can't remember the specifix of why people say its bad other than its not like G1, I think I need to finally look up the game myself. If the negative feedback is because they stuck the name Gothic on it, but its actually a good Torchlight or Diablo clone with RPG elements, I think that makes it worth playing.
Time to go find out!
Grargar: Maybe Piranha Bytes subscribes to the same school of thought that Stainless does.
If so, kudos to them. We could do with more of that kind of frankness.
ww_gog: I don't know about that anymore. I had often read from others that Gotic 3 is awful when compared to the other games and I would leave it at that. I never did any research on it personally, at least none that I can recall doing.
But Dray2k's post on the first page actually makes it sound interesting and fun. Its the first positive post I can remember seeing about G3. And since I can't remember the specifix of why people say its bad other than its not like G1, I think I need to finally look up the game myself. If the negative feedback is because they stuck the name Gothic on it, but its actually a good Torchlight or Diablo clone with RPG elements, I think that makes it worth playing.
Time to go find out!
There are two Gothic 3 games. Dray2k is talking about this one. We're talking about that one.
Great news. When I saw the DirectX mod for Gothic 2 I wanted to buy this game.
phaolo: Re-added games are always good news : )
BillyMaysFan59: I'm assuming you don't mean GOG's definition of "Good News!"(TM) right? :D
Well, I'm just a gogger, not GOG, so my "good news" are still good! :P
Grargar:
Yah, thats what I was just discovering for myself. I remember loving Gothic when I played it. I know I never finished Gothic 2 (and still hope to one day). And when Gothic 3 came out, it was received badly so I guess I ended up tuning it out until this thread.
Nice to discover some older "diamonds in the rough" these days. Thanks for making this G3 research a tad less confusing for me.
BillyMaysFan59:
phaolo: Well, I'm just a gogger, not GOG, so my "good news" are still good! :P
Huh?
Let me run that through the enigma machine and I'll get back to you. :P

BTW am I the only one reinstalling the Gothic games I already have because of this thread? XD
Post edited April 17, 2015 by tinyE