It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Nameless Hero returns to GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, legendary open world RPGs return to GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> are the two final (and increasingly greatest) entries in the overarching "Nameless Hero" saga of the vast, open-world RPG series. Whether you go a bit retro with the quirks of <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span>, or with <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, which still puts open world RPGs to shame, you're about to venture into a world that stands open before you, ready with its reaction to your every single action. Explore the land filled with nooks and crannies, side with whoever you want, destroy anyone, or don't, and deal with the consequences. If that's not enough for you - make sure to try <span class="bold">Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</span> for more hours of adventure.

The Gothic series may not be perfect, but with years of community effort it gets darn near close. <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> can be modded up to modern standards with improved mouse controls, graphical updates, and various improvements - just check out our own forum thread on Gothic series patches, mods, and tweaks. <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> had its share of issues at launch, but the immense Community Patch solves nearly every single one of them. The patch is incorporated into the GOG.com release!

Return to the DRM-free land of Myrtana in <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, available once more, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will end on Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
It's always good to see games return to GOG!
Finally!
The best RPG ever, Gothic 2, returns to gog.com :D
What a joyous day!
Great to know that Piranha Bytes got back the right for the entire series (because yes, as a fundamentalist Gothic zealot I don't consider Forsaken Gods and Arcania Gothic titles)!
Those titles sucked thousands of hours from my life... but it was worth it! So much hours, in fact, that I could hand draw the entire map of Gothic 1 and 2 with all objects and characters using my memory alone.
I cannot say the same for Gothic 3: since my old PC couldn't run it very well, I have completed it *only* four times!

Now that Risen is over (btw, here's a link for the wishlist entry for Risen 3 :P) I really, really hope their next project will be Gothic 4!
JudasIscariot: They're back with Piranha so you should ask them about such things :)
All is as designed :)
blotunga: Uhm, Fallout is gone again...
Known issue, should be fixed once the new My Account update rolls out :) No, I do not know when it rolls out :)
Is there any chance for gothic 3 soundtrack?
Yay ! :D
Gothic 2 had a quite good Russian localization (complete with voiceovers) back in the time. Is it going to be available on GOG?
YES!!!11
I've been listening to the masterpiece that is the soundtrack for G2 for a past few days and I felt sudden urge to replay this wonderful game. Will buy it in a several hours.

I love the soundrack for this game.

Party time!
Let's see, how long Gothic will stay here.

Anyway you should get them now, if you have a cursory interest in it.
Anyway, you should check out this awesome mod.

I can't wait to try this.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by zambrey
What's so special about Gothic? I mean, I know it's a great game but never played it...
vicklemos: What's so special about Gothic? I mean, I know it's a great game but never played it...
It has nasty humour, a believable dark setting (despite being a fantasy game. I'd say it is a bit like The Witcher), three different factions with differnt style of gameplay, a wide array of weapons and armour, a great magic system that will transform you into the ultimate power and probably the best map design in any RPG ever made.
Is that enough? :P
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Enebias
vicklemos: What's so special about Gothic? I mean, I know it's a great game but never played it...
Honestly the 1st ten minutes are terrible because it takes a while to get used to the control scheme. :P

Once I got it down I came to prefer it over other games and eventually got to the point where I was able to obliterate much better opponents just by using the tact afforded to me by the scheme.

Oh, and the story is just fun. I loved traveling to different camps and learning about the different customs and then figuring out how to use one camp against each other to get what's best for you.
tinyE: Once I got it down I came to prefer it over other games and eventually got to the point where I was able to obliterate much better opponents just by using the tact afforded to me by the scheme.
I remember the feeling of victory I got after beating all the powerful gladiators in the Old Camp arena.
A newbie covered with rugs and using a rusty blade beat to oblivion an expert mercenary in heavy armour and carrying a mace as big as my head. Good times!
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Enebias
Dray2k:
Ahhhh, my other PC had the memory problems that Gothic 3 tends to have, but I realized that my latest one probably will not have that. Gothic 3 is my favorite of the series simply because of the open world. Gothic 2 is great, but has some bumpy parts here and there.