It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Nameless Hero returns to GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, legendary open world RPGs return to GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> are the two final (and increasingly greatest) entries in the overarching "Nameless Hero" saga of the vast, open-world RPG series. Whether you go a bit retro with the quirks of <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span>, or with <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, which still puts open world RPGs to shame, you're about to venture into a world that stands open before you, ready with its reaction to your every single action. Explore the land filled with nooks and crannies, side with whoever you want, destroy anyone, or don't, and deal with the consequences. If that's not enough for you - make sure to try <span class="bold">Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</span> for more hours of adventure.

The Gothic series may not be perfect, but with years of community effort it gets darn near close. <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> can be modded up to modern standards with improved mouse controls, graphical updates, and various improvements - just check out our own forum thread on Gothic series patches, mods, and tweaks. <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span> had its share of issues at launch, but the immense Community Patch solves nearly every single one of them. The patch is incorporated into the GOG.com release!

Return to the DRM-free land of Myrtana in <span class="bold">Gothic 2</span> and <span class="bold">Gothic 3</span>, available once more, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will end on Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
These games are my childhood. Thanks for bring them back to GoG!
Looger23: but I would suggest you to start with the first part.
tinyE: THIS THIS THIS!

Did I mention THIS! :D
*pokes you randomly with a stick*
JudasIscariot: :snippity-snip:
Hi Judas,
would it be possible to offer the Raven-Add-on for Gothic 2 also separatly from the main game? It's pretty good how gog does it now, but it would be a nice move for people like me, who own Gothic 2 already but never played the Add-on :)

(Edited for better clarification. And for typos)
Post edited April 21, 2015 by gamefood
Its Gothic 2 NotR,I would love it if it was just Gothic 2.That island add on just feels out of place.
Good job!
Great, nice to see them back!
Excellent news, all the Gothics & Risens where they belong :)

Just lol'd at this video
https://youtu.be/6cCyK7S8u8U
by Fluent's World, comparing Gothic 2 to Skyrim...

and then recalled the first time I walked around the Old Camp in G1, watching in awe as everyone piled out of their homes to be about their business. Stunning.

But those seriously retro keyboard controls take some getting used to - would love to be able to get the 360 controller to work in G1.

Still want a GogBear Plushie <3
JudasIscariot: :snippity-snip:
gamefood: Hi Judas,
would it be possible to offer the Raven-Addon for Gothic 2 separatly from the main game?
That would be a nice move for people like me, who never played the Addon but want to do :)
Playing Night of the Raven without the rest of Gothic 2 is impossible, as it is not a standalone expansion: NotR does not only add a big new area, new factions and a new part of the storyline, but it also brings several -significant- additions throughout the entire course of the game while massively changing the mechanics, the balancing in combat and the character progression.
Each new addition is perfectly blended with the base game, so to fully experience Night of the Raven you need to play through the entire game again! Trust me, you'll immediately notice how different from the vanilla version it is! :)
Post edited April 19, 2015 by Enebias
Will you decide? Coming, going, returning, leaving again... What goes on, here?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Will you decide? Coming, going, returning, leaving again... What goes on, here?
They are still here. They are not going anywhere, because they are no longer published by Nordic, but by the original developers themselves, Piranha Bytes.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Will you decide? Coming, going, returning, leaving again... What goes on, here?
Grargar: They are still here. They are not going anywhere, because they are no longer published by Nordic, but by the original developers themselves, Piranha Bytes.
Finally! Now at last i can make arrangements to buy them myself! I was always itching to finish 2 and never got around that... Also, my copy back then did not have the expansion.
Nice one. This gives me a chance to finish G2 after many years.
gamefood: Hi Judas,
would it be possible to offer the Raven-Addon for Gothic 2 separatly from the main game?
That would be a nice move for people like me, who never played the Addon but want to do :)
Enebias: Playing Night of the Raven without the rest of Gothic 2 is impossible, as it is not a standalone expansion: NotR does not only add a big new area, new factions and a new part of the storyline, but it also brings several -significant- additions throughout the entire course of the game while massively changing the mechanics, the balancing in combat and the character progression.
Each new addition is perfectly blended with the base game, so to fully experience Night of the Raven you need to play through the entire game again! Trust me, you'll immediately notice how different from the vanilla version it is! :)
The way I read his post, he has the original Sacred 2 and doesn't want to buy it again to play the add-on - but I may be wrong.:-)
Dunno if Piranha Bytes was still having a case with jowood in court. I know that jowood and piranha bytes were having issues with each other after gothic 3.
Anyway, it's good that the 3 gothic games return to the original dev.
As a result of piranha bytes having the rights back that mediocre game which was called Arcania: A gothic tale (also known as gothic 4, was developed by spellbound) is renamed to just Arcania and having all ties cut from the gothic serie. So that one is no longer considered to be a gothic game. Not that it was the case among the fans in the first place as they moved to the Risen francise from piranha bytes. But now it's official.

I have the Gothic Universe bundle, published by dreamcatcher, myself. Aside from the included CP i guess there isn't much difference between that one and this re-release. Also happen to have the forsaken gods expansion for gothic 3.
Never tried it so far though.
LynetteC: The way I read his post, he has the original Sacred 2 and doesn't want to buy it again to play the add-on - but I may be wrong.:-)
You meant Gothic 2. :P
With GOG's current system, even if they were to offer Night of the Raven separately, it would still require that you have the base Gothic 2 game here.