It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goodbyes are not forever (and war never changes).

It's not the first time we give this advice, but remember to take your Rad-X pills, try not to mistake a G.E.C.K for a gecko (not even remotely the same thing!), and take good care of yourself out there in the wasteland: <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise, is back.
The Fallout games have been with us on day one, and they played an inseparable part in defining the early GOG.com catalog. When they got swept away by radioactive winds, a gaping hole the size of California was left behind that we haven't quite been able to fill... until now!

Once again, you can pick up all three RPG classics at <span class="bold">66% off in a single post-apo bundle that includes:
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

We're welcoming Bethesda Softworks to GOG.com with more bundles, and tons of new classic releases - all DRM-free of course - and don't forget that two The Elder Scrolls classics (The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall) will drop like a bomb straight into your library, completely FREE with any Bethesda purchase. The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
Twitch.tv/GOGcom is worth your attention - we'll be showing off all three returning Fallout games over the next few days, along with many other Bethesda releases!

THURSDAY, August 27th:
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Fallout Tactics with MegapiemanPHD

SATURDAY, August 29th:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Fallout 2 with Outstar
8pm GMT / 10pm CESt / 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT: Fallout 1 with Vlad of The Weekend Slice
high rated
DukeNukemForever: I would highly recommend that gog would add some more informations about the differences between Bethesdas re-releases and Interplay classic releases. So far I know the re-release has some mods added, like the Baldur's Gate remakes. Multilingual isn't also new, as the Interplay releases on Dotemu wee also multilingual. That's not a Bethesda excluse, only gogs late move to multilingual support. Also multiplatform support seems to be gone, but that's also no surprise, as GOG did back them for Interplay (first dosbox, later wine versions).

So yeah, some officieal explanations what's new would be very nice.

Edit: Another thing, thread title is talking about Fallout classics while the versions are not the new labelled classics from Interplay. So yeah, kind of confusing. So, are these versions the Bethesdas updated and modded versions like on steam, or are these just the old Interplay versions just new branded?
The only difference between the Classic editions and the Fallouts from Bethesda is that the Classic versions (as we've decided to call them) have more bonus goodies and support one additional platform - OS X. Other than that, those two editions should be identical. The main reason for this difference is that the approval process for the remaining bonus goodies takes a lot of time and we didn't want to hold up the release just because of that. ;)
To answer another question - will we ever have them included in the Bethesda versions? We will do everything in our power, of course, but I can't say for certain that we will.
THIS IS A GLORIOUS DAY
As some already pointed out the versions of the Fallout Classic and Fallout are the same. The only difference is that the Fallout Classic purchasers get the extras. (though I'm not sure if Fallout Classic buyers have access to the unpatched version if they use the download page rather than GOG Galaxy which I used to check which version I have.) In any case this is a great day for GOG fans, I never thought these classics would be back.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Pietro672
HypersomniacLive: If these are "new" versions, why is the Release thread titled "Re-release: Fallout Classics"?
I think I see the confusion.

- The title of the release thread refers to the original Fallout trilogy as "classics" as in older games - compared to newer Fallout games.

- For those who have any of the Fallout titles from the before, that's been re-named to "Fallout Classic" (et al) in the library. Keeping it as a separate title makes it easier to handle the extras that were included initially. (see real.geizterfahr's images of the goodies here

- The re-release of Fallout has multi-language support, and is supposed to be the latest patched version of the game. Note that the included goodies are minimal.

The title of the Release Thread adds to that confusion, but it's just "classic" in a different context.
Paczyk: To answer another question - will we ever have them included in the Bethesda versions? We will do everything in our power, of course, but I can't say for certain that we will.
Well.

Shoot.
Paczyk: The only difference between the Classic editions and the Fallouts from Bethesda is that the Classic versions (as we've decided to call them) have more bonus goodies and support one additional platform - OS X. Other than that, those two editions should be identical. The main reason for this difference is that the approval process for the remaining bonus goodies takes a lot of time and we didn't want to hold up the release just because of that. ;)
To answer another question - will we ever have them included in the Bethesda versions? We will do everything in our power, of course, but I can't say for certain that we will.
Thanks for the information! It is greatly appreciated.
Paczyk: The only difference between the Classic editions and the Fallouts from Bethesda is that the Classic versions (as we've decided to call them) have more bonus goodies and support one additional platform - OS X. Other than that, those two editions should be identical. The main reason for this difference is that the approval process for the remaining bonus goodies takes a lot of time and we didn't want to hold up the release just because of that. ;)
I really hope you manage to get all the Extras back in there. I'll be buying them a 3rd time, but I prefer to have them here.
gwelty: yogsloth, So you're telling me that if you choose "Get Backup & Extras" on the "More" menu in GOG Galaxy, you don't see the older, more complete list of extras?
yogsloth: What I'm saying is God pound that 3rd party client DRM, file-deleting, bug-filled, half-assed pile of festering horsecrap to the deepest nether-realms of Tartaros.

In other words, I don't use it and never will. It's not supposed to be mandatory, remember? I download directly, and I have no extras, other than the manual.
Got ya. I hear what you're saying. Hopefully they'll add all the other extras later, per the recent clarification!
HOLY SHIT!!!! :o
Excellent. Thank you for the solid confirmation, puts one's mind at ease. Much ta!
^ Yes thanks for the confirmation and glad to see these classics back at GOG.com!
DukeNukemForever: I would highly recommend that gog would add some more informations about the differences between Bethesdas re-releases and Interplay classic releases. So far I know the re-release has some mods added, like the Baldur's Gate remakes. Multilingual isn't also new, as the Interplay releases on Dotemu wee also multilingual. That's not a Bethesda excluse, only gogs late move to multilingual support. Also multiplatform support seems to be gone, but that's also no surprise, as GOG did back them for Interplay (first dosbox, later wine versions).

So yeah, some officieal explanations what's new would be very nice.

Edit: Another thing, thread title is talking about Fallout classics while the versions are not the new labelled classics from Interplay. So yeah, kind of confusing. So, are these versions the Bethesdas updated and modded versions like on steam, or are these just the old Interplay versions just new branded?
Thanks for the clarifications. So it's just a legal problem right now and I can understand your decision to not remove anything from the older releases and instead make a new release. i really hope you can convince Bethesda to add all the goodies and your mac-port to the new release, maybe then you can also merge the two releases. But again, I think this solution seems to best for now, as the old customers will not lose any content.
Calamity: I already own Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics on my GoG account. Any chance I can get Arena and Daggerfall added as well or does this only count for new purchases?

If not, I'm fine with that, it doesn't hurt to ask.
In case nobody answered you yet, Arena and Daggerfall have already been free for a long time on the official elder scrolls website. Of course it never hurts to have them added to the GOG library.
DukeNukemForever: one additional platform - OS X
Paczyk, I don' wanna be that guy who's always asking or begging, but I'm guessing that legal stuff prevents a Linux version from being here, right?
Thanks a lot!
Calamity: I already own Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics on my GoG account. Any chance I can get Arena and Daggerfall added as well or does this only count for new purchases?

If not, I'm fine with that, it doesn't hurt to ask.
LazyAndroid: In case nobody answered you yet, Arena and Daggerfall have already been free for a long time on the official elder scrolls website. Of course it never hurts to have them added to the GOG library.
Yes, however the version of Arena included is the CD version, which differs from the floppy version available from the Elder Scrolls website.