It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"tremere110" returned 11 posts
Clear search criteria
tremere110: Last time I asked about feral interactive releasing games on GoG, I got something about GoG not being viable due to philosophical differences. I suspect it's because feral is highly pro-DRM :(
*sigh* I guess it's to difficult for them to do a quick google to see how effective DRM has been on their games. :P Anyway, it's great to see this show up here. Hopefuly the sales numbers will be good and they'll bring more games here.
MartiusR: "Notice: multiplayer is not supported"

I'm guessing then that it was completely removed due to basing on steam infrastructre?
tremere110: Can anyone confirmed that it's completely gone?

Probably won't influence my decision to pick this up - this isn't the type of game I would pick for multiplayer anyways :)
This does raise the question about if LAN support works with this release. I suspect that it wouldn't, but if any GOG staff or other users know, I'd like to know.
tremere110: You will likely wait a very long time for a Linux release if it ever materializes at all. Feral interactive doesn't seem to have any of their ports on GoG. An email I sent them a while back made it clear they knew what GoG is but didn't want anything to do with them (GoG). Maybe they changed their mind but I'm not hopeful.
I think Feral Interactive is missing out on a good number of sales. They are making games for a platform that I believe many of it's users prefer DRM free. I would even buy some of the games on GOG a second time to get a DRM free Linux version. Maybe Feral could try that. List one of the more popular games here a second time, with FI as the publisher, and see how well it sells.

Barry_Woodward: Vote for more 2K games on the wishlist:

Borderlands
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Borderlands 2
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
XCOM 2
I think Borderlands GOTY is a very reasonable request. It's older and popular.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by jalister
mike_cesara: ..and, to be honest, I have enough listening what games should I play with all this political correctness shit.
Pollitical correctness has nothing to do with it; it's more about giving GOG and Feral an incentive to bring the Linux version here by refusing to buy it until they do. By buying it now, GOG have made their money from it already and Feral will not get anything from your sale as it counts as a Windows purchase.
tremere110: You will likely wait a very long time for a Linux release if it ever materializes at all. Feral interactive doesn't seem to have any of their ports on GoG. An email I sent them a while back made it clear they knew what GoG is but didn't want anything to do with them (GoG). Maybe they changed their mind but I'm not hopeful.
They responded very quickly to the email I sent them earlier, but it looks like a generic response & doesn't inspire much confidence:
Thanks for your interest in Feral Interactive.

We appreciate your suggestion, and will take it under consideration.
[the rest of the email goes on to encourage buying it from Steam or their own store]
Post edited June 14, 2018 by adamhm
mike_cesara: ..and, to be honest, I have enough listening what games should I play with all this political correctness shit.
adamhm: Pollitical correctness has nothing to do with it; it's more about giving GOG and Feral an incentive to bring the Linux version here by refusing to buy it until they do. By buying it now, GOG have made their money from it already and Feral will not get anything from your sale as it counts as a Windows purchase.
adamhm: They responded very quickly to the email I sent them earlier, but it looks like a generic response & doesn't inspire much confidence:
iirc they publicly stated quite recently that GOG is not a viable option for them.
Looks like I missed all the drama. What's the story with the Linux version? Did Feral mess it up and refused to release on GOG?
Do you still have that e-mail? If yes, can you please post it in this thread:

Feral's attitude towards DRM-free releases?

Thanks!
Post edited June 14, 2018 by shmerl
shmerl: Looks like I missed all the drama. What's the story with the Linux version? Did Feral mess it up and refused to release on GOG?
shmerl: Do you still have that e-mail? If yes, can you please post it in this thread:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=viewtopic&topic_id=3262

Thanks!
adamh provided email address: info@feralinteractive.com

Nothing really serious. I have bought the game without waiting for Feral's decision about their Linux port here and this somehow triggered some emotions ; p
shmerl: Looks like I missed all the drama. What's the story with the Linux version? Did Feral mess it up and refused to release on GOG?
shmerl: Do you still have that e-mail? If yes, can you please post it in this thread:

Feral's attitude towards DRM-free releases?

Thanks!
That was from years ago. I thought I saved it but it looks like I didn't, after looking through my saved emails.
tremere110: Can anyone confirmed that it's completely gone?

Probably won't influence my decision to pick this up - this isn't the type of game I would pick for multiplayer anyways :)
thesmashingone: This does raise the question about if LAN support works with this release. I suspect that it wouldn't, but if any GOG staff or other users know, I'd like to know.
I've just checked - the multiplayer is completely removed from GOG version, there is literally nothing happening when you're trying to click on "multiplayer" button in main menu (this button was left there to mock and tease us ;P)
Post edited June 15, 2018 by MartiusR
Point_Man: I know the store page says no multiplayer, is that just online or have they removed any LAN options as well?
tremere110: Clicking the multiplayer button doesn't do anything. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
I see... That sucks. Why remove the LAN options.
tremere110: Clicking the multiplayer button doesn't do anything. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
Point_Man: I see... That sucks. Why remove the LAN options.
Either the LAN option still requires Steam somehow or the easiest way to prevent errors from cropping up because someone selects online multiplayer is to disable the multiplayer button. I suspect it's the latter.

Normally something like this would disappoint me, but the multiplayer was so terrible it doesn't bother me at all. It's pretty rare for me to see a game where the introduction of multiplayer just makes the whole experience worse (all they did was tack on a feature as an afterthought that introduced bugs that would make the single player version worse until it was patched - the horrific lose all soldier abilities bug, which occurred until the multiplayer was patched as an example).