It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens, do you bleed? You will.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is now available, 80% off until June 18, 10 PM UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains every piece of content released for the game, including the Enemy Within expansion.
They thought we'd go down without a fight. They were wrong. Also quite ugly.
Commander, the XCOM initiative stands ready. Train and customize your elite squad, research human or alien technology, and take Earth back through turn-based tactical action, and smart base management.

For some heavily discounted old-school X-COM goodness, check out our Summer Sale.
Densetsu: Is GOG version compatible with the Long War mod?
All GOG versions of games are compatible with all mods.

All GOG does is remove any DRM, they don't alter the game, and I have always bought GOG releases, of games I have on Seam.

If the Game uses Steam Workshop, there's some manual path changes to place the mods in the right folder, but that's no different than what's done with non Workshop mods (e.g. from NexusMods) on Steam's Games.

One caveat, is that you must own the games on Steam to download Workshop Mods, whoich is why it's an abomination no good mod creator will rely on.

XCOM EW is not a Workshop mod, so it doesn't suffer, but if XCOM 2 ever gets here, many mods are Workshop only.
That will suffer just like Divinity Original Sin 2 does, and like every other Workshop game that GOG gets.
anothername: Hmm.... so far its quite nice. I like the fancy looks and stuff like visual soldier customization. But it feels a bit... limited? Probably 'cause I'm still in the tutorial; but stripped of the fancy looks & sequences its gameplay (i.e. roles instead of training; item slot distribution [additional armor replacing grenades]) feels a lot weaker than the 90ys original Enemy Unknown or Xenonauts.
Skip Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within is the one to play.
EW = EU + DLC

Better still go to Nexus Mods and get the Long War Mod = EW+ LW.
That i9s the definitive version of the game.
Simple fact is there are more mods made for LW, than for the base game.

Even the original game devs said LW is the bst version.
musteriuz: I'll also wait for a Connect option in future, although I only have the vanilla version on Steam (via Humble), so I'm not sure if that will be a realistic Connect-ion.
It won't you must have the same version to get it on Connect.

So it will only work for those with the Complete edition.
Maybe if you own all the DLC that might count, if you're lucky, but don't rely on it.

I always buy the GOG release, of games I own on Steam, as I can then remove it from Steam for good.
Waning if you use Workshop mods for any GOG version, you must keep the Steam version to even download them.
Post edited June 16, 2018 by UhuruNUru
Woah... woah woah woah... wait... what? Do my eyes deceive? XCOM Enemy Unknown Complete?

Color this unexpected with a jaw drop. Hopefully this is a new trend. :)
Instabuy! Thank you 2k/Firaxis & Gog.
Densetsu: Is GOG version compatible with the Long War mod?
UhuruNUru: All GOG versions of games are compatible with all mods.
I remember incompatibilities. Out of my head, FlatOut has a mod, about 850 MB in size, which adds new tracks to the game and is not compatible with GOG version.
nice release
fisk0: I'm fine without the multiplayer, but I wish this complete edition would come with any kind of classic GOG goodies, such as a the soundtrack, which is a pretty damn fantastic soundtrack.
It’s not the complete soundtrack but you can download the “Unofficial XCOM: Enemy Unknown OST” from Michael McCann website:

You can download a 22-track version of the XCOM: Enemy Unknown soundtrack by clicking on the download icon to the right. The file is 85mb and is hosted on Dropbox, and includes 11 more tracks that aren’t in the Soundcloud playlist above.

The collectors edition soundtrack, that comes with the some retail versions of the game, includes music by Michael McCann, Roland Rizzo and Tim Wynn. This download set does however include most of McCann’s work for the game.
http://www.behaviormusic.com/projects/various-clips-action-drama/#fwdrapPlayer0?catid=0&trackid=0
Post edited June 17, 2018 by Grimlock
UhuruNUru: All GOG versions of games are compatible with all mods.
The only reason I haven't played Xenonauts yet is because that statement isn't true. There are some mods for some games that require 2 different versions of a mod, one for GOG and one for Steam.
Instabought!! More 2K please!
Sadly, according to gamingonlinux, Feral Interactive have no plans to put their Linux ports on GOG.
Huinehtar: Sadly, according to gamingonlinux, Feral Interactive have no plans to put their Linux ports on GOG.
Thanks for the heads up Huinehtar!

No bother, none at all. I'm glad money goes to the right hands. Looking forward for Bioshock and Duke Nukem Forever release 2K Games! And let Aspyr making Linux ports.
What the heck???

I never thought I`d see the new Xcom on GOG.

Buying now!

Hope to see Xcom 2 Complete one day.
I know the store page says no multiplayer, is that just online or have they removed any LAN options as well?
Point_Man: I know the store page says no multiplayer, is that just online or have they removed any LAN options as well?
Clicking the multiplayer button doesn't do anything. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
Point_Man: I know the store page says no multiplayer, is that just online or have they removed any LAN options as well?
tremere110: Clicking the multiplayer button doesn't do anything. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
I see... That sucks. Why remove the LAN options.