It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens, do you bleed? You will.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is now available, 80% off until June 18, 10 PM UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains every piece of content released for the game, including the Enemy Within expansion.
They thought we'd go down without a fight. They were wrong. Also quite ugly.
Commander, the XCOM initiative stands ready. Train and customize your elite squad, research human or alien technology, and take Earth back through turn-based tactical action, and smart base management.

For some heavily discounted old-school X-COM goodness, check out our Summer Sale.
ciemnogrodzianin: One thing worries me - why the game is released for Windows only? Should we expect Linux release soon™?
Seems like Mac and Linux have different publisher than the Windows edition.
teceem: Read the rest of this topic.
Oh, sorry. I usually check the topic before writing anything, but this time there were 10 pages and I've felt a bit overwhelmed...
OK, I've checked the whole topic - and there is no answer for my question :|
Could you, please, explain what do you meant by your suggestion?
ciemnogrodzianin: OK, I've checked the whole topic - and there is no answer for my question :|
Could you, please, explain what do you meant by your suggestion?
The Mac & Linux version have a different publisher (Feral Interactive Ltd.). A few people have already posted here about them - most likely they don't like distributing their game DRM-free (=GOG). Another possibility: they don't think they get enough money from the deal (how GOG calculates the percentage of "Linux/Mac sales").
Post edited June 15, 2018 by teceem
teceem: ...
Oh, ok, thank you.
teceem: Another possibility: they don't think they get enough money from the deal (how GOG calculates the percentage of "Linux/Mac sales").
That's can't be the reason, since they could put the game DRM-free on their own site in such case, but they didn't. The likely reason is their pro-DRM stance.
Post edited June 15, 2018 by shmerl
6 Euro bucks for XCOM EU/EW?
Can't resist. Goddamit! There goes my money... ;-)
teceem: The Mac & Linux version have a different publisher (Feral Interactive Ltd.). A few people have already posted here about them - most likely they don't like distributing their game DRM-free (=GOG).
I don't know about the Mac version, but does the Linux version really have DRM?
Very, very cool, instabought. Oh, it´s currently on 2nd place on the popular-list on the frontpage. (just behind Witcher III)
teceem: The Mac & Linux version have a different publisher (Feral Interactive Ltd.). A few people have already posted here about them - most likely they don't like distributing their game DRM-free (=GOG).
plan99: I don't know about the Mac version, but does the Linux version really have DRM?
As it isn´t featured in this list they are most probably not DRM-free: http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
Post edited June 16, 2018 by RadonGOG
Hmm.... so far its quite nice. I like the fancy looks and stuff like visual soldier customization. But it feels a bit... limited? Probably 'cause I'm still in the tutorial; but stripped of the fancy looks & sequences its gameplay (i.e. roles instead of training; item slot distribution [additional armor replacing grenades]) feels a lot weaker than the 90ys original Enemy Unknown or Xenonauts.
Got it ! Awesome :)
I'm fine without the multiplayer, but I wish this complete edition would come with any kind of classic GOG goodies, such as a the soundtrack, which is a pretty damn fantastic soundtrack.
anothername: Hmm.... so far its quite nice. I like the fancy looks and stuff like visual soldier customization. But it feels a bit... limited? Probably 'cause I'm still in the tutorial; but stripped of the fancy looks & sequences its gameplay (i.e. roles instead of training; item slot distribution [additional armor replacing grenades]) feels a lot weaker than the 90ys original Enemy Unknown or Xenonauts.
While I still prefer the original X-COM, the 2012 one gets way better after a few missions. You get new armor that goes in the body armor slot, not just that special armor item you have already, once you get the Foundry you can also make another item slot for the soldiers. Heavies and Support soldiers also get the abilities to get more uses out of each slot as they level up.
I still think the 90s X-COM movement point system is better than the two-actions-per-turn model of the new XCOMs, but you get used to it over time. The thing that frustrated me the most about the new XCOMs was how you're limited to a single base/dropship for no apparent reason other than forcing you to have to decide between three countries to help in the early stages, always increasing panic in the places you can't attend. You'd think the organisation should have the budget for multiple dropships (especially since you can see the monthly cost of the one you have in the budget section, and it's not that much). I'd much prefer it if I was allowed to actually try to handle the budget and try to balance spending with the ability to have multiple strike teams.
I think the Long War mod addresses some of my issues, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
Post edited June 16, 2018 by fisk0
Nearly all the games I buy are less than $3. A few are less than $5. A $10 game? Only 2 or 3 so far, but I couldn't resist this one. I'm another person coming to XCOM from the Shadowrun games. I completed all 3 of the Shadowrun games on GOG. I couldn't get into the old XCOM games, but I think I'm going to enjoy this modern XCOM variant.
anothername: Hmm.... so far its quite nice. I like the fancy looks and stuff like visual soldier customization. But it feels a bit... limited? Probably 'cause I'm still in the tutorial; but stripped of the fancy looks & sequences its gameplay (i.e. roles instead of training; item slot distribution [additional armor replacing grenades]) feels a lot weaker than the 90ys original Enemy Unknown or Xenonauts.
It is a little bit. Usually I'm not a fan of any kind of dumb... errr "streamlining" but here I felt like the game really kept everything pretty playable, fun and still with a lot of those classic XCOM touches.

badon: I couldn't get into the old XCOM games, but I think I'm going to enjoy this modern XCOM variant.
If you do want to scratch that old school itch I found Xenonauts to be pretty damn close but just with a cleaner more modern UI. This new XCOM, however is absolutely Xcellent. I've raved about it enough here but it really does keep the feel of the oldies with a modern coat of paint and the stuff we're used to now without sacrificing too much in the process.
fisk0: .
I think the Long War mod addresses some of my issues, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
I think its time I google this "the long war" mod. Sounds like one of those things I'd rather add in the beginning and not when already deep into it.

Ixamyakxim: It is a little bit. Usually I'm not a fan of any kind of dumb... errr "streamlining" but here I felt like the game really kept everything pretty playable, fun and still with a lot of those classic XCOM touches.
Overall its nice. It helps that I'm a bit of a graphics whore. Only "nerdrage" moment at the time was when I had to tell my future chosen one protagonist hero of the show to take a hike because of the class roulette & class system. So far that is my only big grievance; but the overall package outweighs that.