It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Holier-than-thou. Also with better units.

<span class="bold">Warrior Kings: Battles</span>, the sequel to the epic 3D RTS about feuding warlords, now DRM-free on GOG.com.

The Holy Empire of Orbis, a vast theocratic state, still lies shattered and fragmented, 100 years after the bloody rebellion against its corrupt Patriarch threw it into disarray. Now an usurper sits on the throne and a new general must rise and try to reunite all provinces in order to overthrow the evil Lord Protector.

In Warrior Kings: Battles resource gathering and army-building are crucial but more often than not battles are decided by the clever tactics and timely use of formations your troops employ during combat. The innovative Alignment system will further branch the campaign's storyline and your multiplayer strategy options, depending on which path you choose to follow. Do you favor thick fortifications and grandiose units? Then the theocratic Imperial path is your calling. Maybe you prefer to command large numbers of disposable barbarians, backed up by demonic witchcraft. If so, the life of the Pagan is the one for you. Or you can let technological and financial supremacy tip the scales in your favor as you usher a new Renaissance upon the fragmented kingdoms.

Battle for the glory of a reunited Holy Empire and crush the opposing warlords in <span class="bold">Warrior Kings: Battles</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.
JudasIscariot: No, no tricks :) Just wasn't sure where the 8 GB came from :) I may have noticed earlier and fixed it before or something :)
should have taken a screenshot ;) , i checked at least twice (or more , because the required HDD space wasn't what it should)
Post edited December 23, 2015 by DyNaer
DyNaer: should have taken a screenshot ;) ,
Words to live by :P
JudasIscariot: Words to live by :P
Next time i will take a screenshot if i notice a typo :D , i don't believe GOGbears or GOGsquirrels have corrected it ....;P
Post edited December 23, 2015 by DyNaer
JudasIscariot: I see 800 MB on the game card so I don't know where the 8 GB is coming from?
DyNaer: It was 8GB, i have no reason to have pointed this out, if it wasn't the case.... a staff member have probably fixed it... unless you playing with me :P
if it helps, I too remember it being listed on GOG as requiring 8 GB of drive space.
Nvmd
Post edited December 23, 2015 by Zoltan999
:) fantastic. This is one of the few games I actually tracked down and bought an original disc&box of, in spite of owning a functional "backup" copy, as well as a budget version with the patches included that actually made it playable (unlike the original boxed version :D).

Suppose the entire setup with the dungeon keeper- ish progression through the realm, the way you can make up your own combination of imperial, technological and pagan progression variant, and the actual mechanics in the game with height and positioning being very important to success. Just as that the resource management part of the game is fairly forgiving and simple, and not truly essential to succeeding. That all that came together in a way that made this a very memorable game.

So buying it yet again :D
Thank you GOG. This is the best present for Christmas you could bring us, in my opinion :) Now if only you could bring the predecessor,, Warrior Kings to your store. That would be great :)
Awesome old school game.
Post edited December 28, 2015 by dcphillips3
rampancy: And while we've bent your ear...any word on WINE compatibility?
Not sure, I haven't had the time to test the game and I see that Wine 1.8 is finally out of Release Candidate status...
rampancy: And while we've bent your ear...any word on WINE compatibility?
JudasIscariot: Not sure, I haven't had the time to test the game and I see that Wine 1.8 is finally out of Release Candidate status...
Works quite well in here under the latest Crossover!
JudasIscariot: Not sure, I haven't had the time to test the game and I see that Wine 1.8 is finally out of Release Candidate status...
vicklemos: Works quite well in here under the latest Crossover!
Still need to know whether it works with WINE 1.9.0 but I don't feel like compiling yet ANOTHER WINE build :P
I still can't get the damn thing to work on Win 7, how about fixing that and then moving onto Wine? :P
tinyE: I still can't get the damn thing to work on Win 7, how about fixing that and then moving onto Wine? :P
When I check whether a game works under WINE, it's unofficial and done on my own time so YMMV :P
'Judas, After Hours'

Yeah baby! Yeah!
vicklemos: Works quite well in here under the latest Crossover!
JudasIscariot: Still need to know whether it works with WINE 1.9.0 but I don't feel like compiling yet ANOTHER WINE build :P
Me neither. I'm a simple folk: I just do the ol' click-clickety here and there and bang, game's running :P

The only compile I really care about is [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compile_(publisher)]this one![/url]
Love some of their games. True classics!