It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Holier-than-thou. Also with better units.

<span class="bold">Warrior Kings: Battles</span>, the sequel to the epic 3D RTS about feuding warlords, now DRM-free on GOG.com.

The Holy Empire of Orbis, a vast theocratic state, still lies shattered and fragmented, 100 years after the bloody rebellion against its corrupt Patriarch threw it into disarray. Now an usurper sits on the throne and a new general must rise and try to reunite all provinces in order to overthrow the evil Lord Protector.

In Warrior Kings: Battles resource gathering and army-building are crucial but more often than not battles are decided by the clever tactics and timely use of formations your troops employ during combat. The innovative Alignment system will further branch the campaign's storyline and your multiplayer strategy options, depending on which path you choose to follow. Do you favor thick fortifications and grandiose units? Then the theocratic Imperial path is your calling. Maybe you prefer to command large numbers of disposable barbarians, backed up by demonic witchcraft. If so, the life of the Pagan is the one for you. Or you can let technological and financial supremacy tip the scales in your favor as you usher a new Renaissance upon the fragmented kingdoms.

Battle for the glory of a reunited Holy Empire and crush the opposing warlords in <span class="bold">Warrior Kings: Battles</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.
MaxFulvus: If I remember correctly, Warrior Kings Battles is the debugged and improved version (more units, better gameplay...) of Warrior Kings. The game was full of bugs and patched several times before the release of its "sequel" Battles.
I think GOG made the best choice by releasing this version and not the previous one.
Interesting.. Thanks for the background info.
MaxFulvus: If I remember correctly, Warrior Kings Battles is the debugged and improved version (more units, better gameplay...) of Warrior Kings. The game was full of bugs and patched several times before the release of its "sequel" Battles.
I think GOG made the best choice by releasing this version and not the previous one.
No. WK: Battles is a sequel. Different games.
Nope, these 2 games have different story campaign. ;)

edit: geez ninja'd :D
Post edited December 22, 2015 by triock
I'm being 100% true: saw this one on Steam for a quick buck once, probably during a Strategy First sale.
Yeah, it's my cup of tea, but it seemed somehow a little "meh" (yup, sorry) for me atm.
66 on meta, unhelpful reviews and I was much like this.

Today, saw it on GOG and felt pretty much like this.
Saw you people commenting on it and this cool feeling grew :P

(...)

Does it happen with me only?
These games had quite an involved city building part and quite interesting RT battles elements.

The idea was to have epic/huge armies that clash somewhere.

Was big fun and great graphics at the time.
Azhdar: No. WK: Battles is a sequel. Different games.
I think I misspoke : / I know that Battles is the sequel with a different story and campaign, but it is more stable and adds new units. A friend of mine had Warrior Kings when he was released in 2002 and it crashed or freezed very often, even with a very good PC. Battles didn't have these problems.
MaxFulvus: I think I misspoke : / I know that Battles is the sequel with a different story and campaign, but it is more stable and adds new units. A friend of mine had Warrior Kings when he was released in 2002 and it crashed or freezed very often, even with a very good PC. Battles didn't have these problems.
I remember that WK had some serious bugs and glitches and because of those troubles I didn't finish that game. I abandoned it and never tried to find patches/fixes for it.
Maybe GOG releases a good version of WK in the future. So we have a chance to play it. :)
Not too shabby. I have the first Warrior Kings on Steam, have to play it a bit before i decide if i want WK: Battles. :D
Yup, gonna buy this soon .
IAmSinistar: Warrior Kings, come out and slay-ayyyyy!

Looks really nice, and a good price. Missed this one when it first came out, so thanks for the chance to try it!
LOL am I the only one who got your reference to the 1979 film The Warriors? Only one who commented anyway. Love it!
IAmSinistar: Warrior Kings, come out and slay-ayyyyy!

Looks really nice, and a good price. Missed this one when it first came out, so thanks for the chance to try it!
Manse: LOL am I the only one who got your reference to the 1979 film The Warriors? Only one who commented anyway. Love it!
Oh I got it too :D I just didn't say anything :D Good movie and definitely one of the better movie-based games out there :D
This (and the earlier Warrior Kings) are oddly games that sound and look very familiar, yet I have no idea why. I don't think I own either game or have played them, but then I am not quite sure...

At least they are part of one of my favorite genres, so, yeah. Hopefully the first game will come here too, are there either technical or legal issues with it?
"Warrior Kings: Battles"? I'd say we have a serious contender for "Most generic and uninspired Video Game Title Ever". At least it ought to be somewhere up there among the Top 100.

I wonder if anyone ever bothered to code a "Random Video Game Title Generator". You just press a button, and then it uses a mixture of words such as "Dragon", "Power", "Mystery", "Total", "Hero", "Adventure" etc. and spits out beautiful titles such as this one.

The game itself is probably decent, but not really my thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post edited December 22, 2015 by CharlesGrey
Now you see this game looks like a lot of fun. I have been binging on real time strategy games like Wlords Battlecry 3. This game looks fun. BUT.....Its been 2 days since I have refrained from buying a game at all. Its kind of invigorating. :)
Did someone say The Warriors!?