It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Made in a close partnership with Games Workshop, a story-rich classical RPG set in one of the most iconic universes of all time, made by Owlcat Games, developers of the critically acclaimed Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is now available on GOG! To make things even better, by purchasing the game in the first week of the release you'll receive Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate and Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War as a GIFT.

Moreover you can grab the game’s in its Deluxe Edition or Voidfarer Edition, and snatch the DLCs: Deluxe Pack, Voidfarer Pack, Limited Outfit, as well as Season Pass.

Please note: contents of the game’s DLCs are currently unavailable to access while playing offline. The issue is being actively investigated and should be soon resolved.

Let’s explore why it was such an anticipated title!

In Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, Begin your adventure aboard your personal, giant voidship, traveling between the multitude of systems within the Koronus Expanse, a barely charted and incredibly perilous region of space. Despite being considered a backwater of the Imperium, this region encompasses an enormous stretch of the void, filled with dangerous creatures and prodigious opportunities for profit and exploration.

Your role as Lord-Captain is pivotal; your choices wield consequence. Whether displaying mercy or disdain, upholding loyalty to the God-Emperor, or delving into alliances with enemies of Mankind, each decision, from character creation to quest outcomes, shapes the dynamic open world and its inhabitants.

Forge alliances and build your crew, composed of valiant heroes, enigmatic psykers, and even dubious xenos. These loyal companions will accompany you into the abyss of space, providing counsel, aiding in battles, and contributing to the accumulation of power. In turn, your influence will guide them through personal journeys that alter their destinies.

Precision is paramount in the game’s isometric turn-based tactical combat system. Strategize within the intricacies of cover, exploit the environment, and carefully position your forces to gain the upper hand. When conventional tactics fall short, leverage your companions' formidable abilities to triumph in even the direst situations. With a faithful adaptation of the classic Rogue Trader ruleset, the game unfolds with an abundance of possibilities waiting to be explored.

And if you’d like to join our Twitch Stream of the game, feel free to do so on December 10th, 6 PM UTC!

Dive into the uncharted depths of the Koronus Expanse, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is OUT NOW!
dtgreene: * Does Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader have any LGBTQ characters?
Romance options include:

A heterosexual human(?) female

A heterosexual human male

A bisexual human female

A bisexual aeldari female

A bisexual(?) drukhari male - given their nature most drukhari wouldn't care about sexual orientation. They have a dark god attached to and draining their soul that can only be staved off by the suffering of others (sexual or otherwise) - they're not gonna be too picky with their victims.

There's a Sister of Battle implied to be a lesbian but she's not romancable - probably because any attempt to seduce her will be met by flamer, bolter and melta (in that order) - she's fanatically devoted to the God Emperor.
Post edited December 09, 2023 by tremere110
UsernameTaken2: I was going to wait until the game had been patched a bit before buying it, but this thread convinced me to buy it now instead. I pre-ordered STALKER 2 at the same time, to keep the universe in balance. I don't believe it's helpful to boycott businesses in a dictatorship, as it will do nothing but harm the ordinary people there.
lol... well who knows..... if its work for your Karma who am i too laugh out loud....

For me the game was an insta buy as is most Warhammer stuff brought to the p.c. and thankfully it seems to be an okay title for now. At least that saves me some trouble of filing yet another refund
Well, i've hit about 11 hours of game time at the moment of this writing.

So far i'm enjoying the amount of detail that went into the worldbuilding, be it graphical assets, decor.. lighting and also the visible gear changes, up to the gloves for every character. The pompous behavior that comes with the role you are playing is also nice for a change.. yes your, grace, no i deem not to listen to rabble.... Seneschal introduce me.... love it!

As is mentioned by others i do am pretty curious about at what time my interest for the story will be outweighed by the trauma inflicted due to the game crashing. I think i had 4 major ones by now. forcing to replay a fight and in the first occasion multiple engagements. A quick save is not far away but... really ...Owl Cat developer characteristics or not i do hope that these gamebreaking bugs have the full attention and priority from its developer.

It is hard to recommend a product in this state so therefore i will not
For the 3rd time I will not buy a game made by Owlcat due to their own silly marketing decisions.

At first glance I thought - finally no pre-order DLC. But then I noticed the limited outfit is until the end of the year.
Syphon72: This is starting to be such common thing. Some games are completely different from the released version now.
WinterSnowfall: The new release date for games is when they stop patching them. Welcome to the 21st century, I guess.
On the other hand, when a game is "complete", some label it "dead", so it is hard to know these days.
Started playing not long ago and this game is an absolute gem. Whenever there is mention of cRPG, I keep thinking of Baldur's Gate 1/2 and their terrible real-time with pause mechanic. Though I absolutely love those games, the combat is atrocious. Easily the weakest aspect of your classic RPGs.

Owlcat did something proper here and just made it turn-based like all the tabletop games aught to be. Tactics are very deep and I like it. Friendly fire is turned up to 11 which adds to the tactics aspect, but may be a bit clunky from what I see. Oh yeah, bugs galore.

Overall, I would say that the game is not fully finished mechanically. Seems like a lot of polish can still go in and I'm hoping that Owlcat games takes it very seriously. They have a diamond in the rough here.
Devyatovskiy: Oh yeah, bugs galore.
You know there's an issue when bug reporting is a fulltime UI element on your HUD rather than a minimap.
Devyatovskiy: Friendly fire is turned up to 11 which adds to the tactics aspect
Does that apply to enemies? In other words, can enemies hit other enemies with their area attacks?
Devyatovskiy: Friendly fire is turned up to 11 which adds to the tactics aspect
dtgreene: Does that apply to enemies? In other words, can enemies hit other enemies with their area attacks?
Oh yes, in fact the best way to kill cultists is to let them do it for you. They can easily kill more cultists than you do! Quite lore appropriate too though I'm not sure that's the intention. There are also ways to mitigate friendly fire - the soldier class has a special ability that lets allies automatically dodge their burst fire for example.
dtgreene: Does that apply to enemies? In other words, can enemies hit other enemies with their area attacks?
tremere110: Oh yes, in fact the best way to kill cultists is to let them do it for you. They can easily kill more cultists than you do! Quite lore appropriate too though I'm not sure that's the intention. There are also ways to mitigate friendly fire - the soldier class has a special ability that lets allies automatically dodge their burst fire for example.
That makes things fair.

Of course, there's another question: Does friendly fire apply to healing? In other words, if you cast an area healing spell, will it also heal enemies in the area?
tremere110: Oh yes, in fact the best way to kill cultists is to let them do it for you. They can easily kill more cultists than you do! Quite lore appropriate too though I'm not sure that's the intention. There are also ways to mitigate friendly fire - the soldier class has a special ability that lets allies automatically dodge their burst fire for example.
dtgreene: That makes things fair.

Of course, there's another question: Does friendly fire apply to healing? In other words, if you cast an area healing spell, will it also heal enemies in the area?
Personally, I've not gotten far enough to have any AoE healing, it's all direct one to one. tremere answered your other question about enemy friendly fire. Yeah it happens all the time... though sometimes I'm not 100% if its a bug or a feature. Can't accurately judge if the reason they didn't move and attack a certain way has anything to do with their AI or if they were fixed, they would actually move around more, etc.

What I'm not a big fan of is that friendly NPCs also seem to disregard friendly fire. That's heretical! If some deck operative shoots at an enemy and grazes the Rogue Trader (enough to do some damage), that'd be an execution happening shortly thereafter!

Makes me kinda think that the enemies hitting each other (more than usual) is also a bug...
Devyatovskiy: What I'm not a big fan of is that friendly NPCs also seem to disregard friendly fire. That's heretical! If some deck operative shoots at an enemy and grazes the Rogue Trader (enough to do some damage), that'd be an execution happening shortly thereafter!
I would argue that friendly NPCs (that you don't control) and friendly fire don't mix, and therefore don't belong in the same game.
dtgreene: That makes things fair.

Healing mid combat isn't a common ability. Someone trained with medikits can heal you (single target) or a psyker biomancer can heal you at range (single target). Most abilities that affect health grant temporary wounds (term the game uses for hp). They last a very short amount of time but are deducted first before your real health. There is a sanctic psyker power that heals everyone they blessed previously with an AoE effect. None of these abilities will heal enemies. Not sure if there is a peril of the warp that will heal enemies if you use psyker powers with too much veil degradation though.
Devyatovskiy: What I'm not a big fan of is that friendly NPCs also seem to disregard friendly fire. That's heretical! If some deck operative shoots at an enemy and grazes the Rogue Trader (enough to do some damage), that'd be an execution happening shortly thereafter!
dtgreene: I would argue that friendly NPCs (that you don't control) and friendly fire don't mix, and therefore don't belong in the same game.
Right, so I'd say this might very well be an AI bug. It affects the enemies as much as friendlies. There are some very scary and devastating weapons in the game which could one-shot you. If a friendly unit disregards your character while firing those, then game over!

Hopefully they'll get around to fixing AI in general soon.
WinterSnowfall: The new release date for games is when they stop patching them. Welcome to the 21st century, I guess.
This looks like a pretty cool game. I look forward to the full release (sometime in 2025 ...) XD