It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Made in a close partnership with Games Workshop, a story-rich classical RPG set in one of the most iconic universes of all time, made by Owlcat Games, developers of the critically acclaimed Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is now available on GOG! To make things even better, by purchasing the game in the first week of the release you'll receive Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate and Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War as a GIFT.

Moreover you can grab the game’s in its Deluxe Edition or Voidfarer Edition, and snatch the DLCs: Deluxe Pack, Voidfarer Pack, Limited Outfit, as well as Season Pass.

Please note: contents of the game’s DLCs are currently unavailable to access while playing offline. The issue is being actively investigated and should be soon resolved.

Let’s explore why it was such an anticipated title!

In Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, Begin your adventure aboard your personal, giant voidship, traveling between the multitude of systems within the Koronus Expanse, a barely charted and incredibly perilous region of space. Despite being considered a backwater of the Imperium, this region encompasses an enormous stretch of the void, filled with dangerous creatures and prodigious opportunities for profit and exploration.

Your role as Lord-Captain is pivotal; your choices wield consequence. Whether displaying mercy or disdain, upholding loyalty to the God-Emperor, or delving into alliances with enemies of Mankind, each decision, from character creation to quest outcomes, shapes the dynamic open world and its inhabitants.

Forge alliances and build your crew, composed of valiant heroes, enigmatic psykers, and even dubious xenos. These loyal companions will accompany you into the abyss of space, providing counsel, aiding in battles, and contributing to the accumulation of power. In turn, your influence will guide them through personal journeys that alter their destinies.

Precision is paramount in the game’s isometric turn-based tactical combat system. Strategize within the intricacies of cover, exploit the environment, and carefully position your forces to gain the upper hand. When conventional tactics fall short, leverage your companions' formidable abilities to triumph in even the direst situations. With a faithful adaptation of the classic Rogue Trader ruleset, the game unfolds with an abundance of possibilities waiting to be explored.

And if you’d like to join our Twitch Stream of the game, feel free to do so on December 10th, 6 PM UTC!

Dive into the uncharted depths of the Koronus Expanse, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is OUT NOW!
dtgreene: I would argue that friendly NPCs (that you don't control) and friendly fire don't mix, and therefore don't belong in the same game.
Devyatovskiy: Right, so I'd say this might very well be an AI bug. It affects the enemies as much as friendlies. There are some very scary and devastating weapons in the game which could one-shot you. If a friendly unit disregards your character while firing those, then game over!

Hopefully they'll get around to fixing AI in general soon.
Does this mean this is another of those games where main character death is game over, even if you have surviving party members?
dtgreene: Does this mean this is another of those games where main character death is game over, even if you have surviving party members?
No, the game isn't over unless everyone in your party is downed. Instead, you get a permanent debuff that stays until you next return to your ship.

I'm ok with the friendly fire in general. It happens in real life, and it's going to be worse in the WH40k universe where life is even cheaper. I might change my mind once I get further into the game, if allied NPCs get rocket launchers, but for now it's no more than an annoyance.
WinterSnowfall: The new release date for games is when they stop patching them. Welcome to the 21st century, I guess.
Time4Tea: This looks like a pretty cool game. I look forward to the full release (sometime in 2025 ...) XD
And the boycott of gog games.sniff.Because game no sale zoom-plateform
SvitlaSveta4: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is another pile of code (not a game) (…)
SvitlaSveta4: Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader should not be called a game. (…)
kotcore: Nah not a Cent of my Money goes to Russia
SvitlaSveta4: All sane gamers will avoid Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader (…)
Well done trolls, you convinced me to buy this game ;)
I usually do not buy games with no native Linux build, but I think I will make an exception for this one.
dtgreene: Does this mean this is another of those games where main character death is game over, even if you have surviving party members?
UsernameTaken2: No, the game isn't over unless everyone in your party is downed. Instead, you get a permanent debuff that stays until you next return to your ship.
So, like in:
* Breath of Fire 3 (I think? I remember reading about this in 3 or 4, but haven't played either)
* Avadon 3 (not 1 or 2; in those games it's better to let a character die than to spend vitality on a skill to save them)
* The Alliance Alive (though here having any character's max HP reduced to 0 is game over)

Something like how those games handle it?
I definitely don't have the time for a 100 hour RPG right now with my current work hours and the new Yakuza coming out next month, but.. I bought it. I couldn't resist The Ruinous Powers. I'll just sleep a little less.

Only in death does duty end.
dtgreene: Something like how those games handle it?
Not really. If a character takes > 50% damage in a round they get a injury status. This can be healed if done in 3 rounds. If it goes longer it becomes an old injury which now requires additional skill to heal. Traumas happen after receiving three Injuries or hp = 0. Injuries and traumas have performance penalties as you might imagine. Something along the lines of fatigued in pathfinder I think.

Weirdly the game refers to HP as wounds. I'm new to the warhammer terms and lore. So it can be a bit confusing to follow sometimes.
Post edited December 14, 2023 by EverNightX
dtgreene: Something like how those games handle it?
EverNightX: Not really. If a character takes > 50% damage in a round they get a injury status. This can be healed if done in 3 rounds. If it goes longer it becomes an old injury which now requires additional skill to heal. Traumas happen after receiving three Injuries or hp = 0. Injuries and traumas have performance penalties as you might imagine. Something along the lines of fatigued in pathfinder I think.

Weirdly the game refers to HP as wounds. I'm new to the warhammer terms and lore. So it can be a bit confusing to follow sometimes.
I found that one a bit confusing too..... though in the end it does not matter..... sorry ... coughs .... Note that in ship to ship combat health is referred too as health... on a sidenote.... I would like to see a spin off with couragous ships battling through the warp..... turn - initiave based ...... and some easy to understand hard to master campaigning through the reaches of space....

the ability to sort skills during level up is something that manages to tackle confusion btw.... very handy... not sure if this an owl cat or current crpg common but ... it is mighty handy
EverNightX: Weirdly the game refers to HP as wounds.
TES: Battlespire does this. In that game, you're healthy when your Wounds are high, and are nearly dead when your Wounds are almost 0. Does that make any sense?

I could compare it to how the main series Elder Scrolls games have a stat called "fatigue", which really should be called "stamina" (and was finally renamed "stamina" in Skyrim).

Zimerius: the ability to sort skills during level up is something that manages to tackle confusion btw.... very handy... not sure if this an owl cat or current crpg common but ... it is mighty handy
I'm not aware of any other CRPG that does this, though I believe at least the second Pathfinder game has a search box that you can use to search through the available feats.

I think most CRPGs just don't have enough skills, or at least not enough skills selectable at level up, for them to need this option.

(And then I think of Dragon Quest 7 (PSX), which sorts skills into attack, healing, and other when you go to use them during battle, but the list of "other" skills is still large enough to be a problem.)
Post edited December 14, 2023 by dtgreene
According to gogdb.org several new builds have been added since release but without the corresponding patch offline installers to go along with the updates.

Any chance we could have them made available for download in the library before the festive days and everything goes into hibernation for two weeks?
Thanks.
SvitlaSveta4: All sane gamers will avoid Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader (…)
vv221: Well done trolls, you convinced me to buy this game ;)
I usually do not buy games with no native Linux build, but I think I will make an exception for this one.
wow, dude you are such a clown, with such jokes you must sell all you have in a country where you live now and go to russia to start a new "better life", LOOOOLs. Such clowns as you need to do all that I wrote before so that the EU countries will be free from you and russia will become your new home.
SvitlaSveta4: (…)
Don't be provoked by someone like that. You are responding to a person that a) says that people born into royal families should be killed because they were born into such a family and b) claims that adding open source patches onto an open source project is an evil plot to create a walled garden.
SvitlaSveta4: (…)
mk47at: Don't be provoked by someone like that. You are responding to a person that a) says that people born into royal families should be killed because they were born into such a family and b) claims that adding open source patches onto an open source project is an evil plot to create a walled garden.
Hi, I wrote my message to that clown by not being provoked. In most cases, I write with my mind clean of hate, etc. I understand the mentality of such "persons" because I worked with such individuals a lot at some point. Nowadays it is easier for me to understand who is the person on the other side messaging me. So, all OK, and we are moving forward.
Post edited March 02, 2024 by SvitlaSveta4