It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40,000 comes to life.

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War, a tabletop experience brought to a digital life, is available now with a 50% launch discount if you pick it up alongside the Weekly Staff Picks: Warhammer Bundle!

Sit back and reminisce. The caffeine fueled marathons and days of tabletop glory. The hours spent on painting perfection. The lost dice. The fights over that last centimeter of range. Who needs that. Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War brings the magic onto your computer and leaves all the hassle in the basement.

Based on the legendary Panzer General II and published by SSI, Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War is a large-scale strategy title that lets you take on any of the three Warhammer 40,000's brutal factions - or become the Eldar to conquer and reclaim an ancient colony across the game's lengthy single player campaign. Thanks to a hex-based, core strategy experience, the Warhammer fantasy becomes real.

Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com
Grargar: This would imply that there is a single Slitherine game here; there is none.
vicklemos: We need some Slitherine in here, pal! :D
Unlikely because Slitherine have utterly outrageous pricing, even Bethesda's overpricing here on GOG is nothing compared to how Slitherine gouge the strategy grognards.
I am sucker for Warhammer games on sale. I can't pass this up. I swear I played one of these before, possibly Final Liberation. IIRC, I don't think I liked the game at the time. I had never heard of warhammer before buying it, and I went back to playing civilization 1 or 2.

Crosmando: Unlikely because Slitherine have utterly outrageous pricing, even Bethesda's overpricing here on GOG is nothing compared to how Slitherine gouge the strategy grognards.
They are getting better. These days they use lube before they screw em over.

Edit to add:

Like always, I buy, then check for compatibility issues. Getting a new win 10 machine soon, and I hope these work on it.
Post edited October 26, 2015 by qwixter
Saw that the Monday bundle included the new to GOG release of Rites of War. I figured, cool I like Panzer General 2 a lot; it would be nice to get Rites of War at a discount & I'm also very interested in Shadow of the Horned Rat. But wait, let me make sure there's no technical issues with the games first; you know like the fact that presently it's impossible for me to play Europa Universalis 1.
http://www.gog.com/forum/europa_universalis_series/europe_universalis_and_windows_10

It seems as though Shadow of the Horned Rat still has major issues that haven't been addressed since it was 1st released on GOG last July.
http://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_shadow_of_the_horned_rat/game_crashes_during_prepare_for_battle_loading_screen/page1
http://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_shadow_of_the_horned_rat/win810_shadow_of_the_horned_rat_still_unplayable

No discount on Rites of War unless you purchase the entire bundle? I'll pass...
Oh hell friggin' yeah! That's possibly the only PC game with the Warhammer license I've never played. My brother is also gonna appreciate this one for sure.
....and purchased
vicklemos: PBEM multiplayer through Galaxy? That Pandora game? Classic games such as Alea Jacta Est, Legion Gold, Order of Battle: Pacific, Warhammer 40k Armageddon?
*DROOLING*
Muad.406: Go vote on Armageddon and the other games in the community wishlist then^^
Voted! :)
Crosmando: Unlikely because Slitherine have utterly outrageous pricing, even Bethesda's overpricing here on GOG is nothing compared to how Slitherine gouge the strategy grognards.
Yup. They're sayin' they have a niche group of wargamers and such... well, as for me, I love their games. But promos only and I didn't purchase one of the top 10 most expensive Slitherine games, so...
qwixter: They are getting better. These days they use lube before they screw em over.
Wonder if they avoid to fall into the "steam bucket" promo type of deals. Who knows.
Post edited October 26, 2015 by vicklemos
Muad.406: I hope to see 40k Armaggedon on here too. Because im not getting it on steam.
You can buy it DRM Free from Matrix Games or Slitherine Games. It uses a serial key they provide you during installation but no internet nor activation is required at all.

Grargar: This would imply that there is a single Slitherine game here; there is none.
I agree, however, given their massive reluctance to even put games on Steam, it would take a miracle for them to release anything on gog.
Post edited October 27, 2015 by JiminyJickers
JiminyJickers: I agree, however, given their massive reluctance to even put games on Steam, it would take a miracle for them to release anything on gog.
Their reluctance to release on Steam is more or less a thing of the past at this point. Their game catalog there is constantly increasing. It takes time to adapt the games for client use, achievements and other "modern gamer" stuff expected on Steam since they weren't built with Steam stuff included.
It's finally here! YAAY!
EndlessKnight: Looking forward to Dawn of War.
Don't expect that one to come here. All Warhammer games GOG has been releasing so far were originally owned by SSI/Mindscape, just like the many D&D games we got more recently. THQ's Warhammer games such as Dawn of War belong to SEGA now who still aren't a signed publisher here.
I remember playing this as a kid and being horrible at it. Time to try again.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by Vust-kex
Seems that game's forum is dead, so I'll ask here - multiplayer feature is completely disabled - after choosing multiplayer mode you can change between LAN and internet option, and clicking on "next" button does nothing.

I've got retail version, so I've seen that this feature is not by default "inactive". Can I somehow make it "active" in GOG version?