It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available on GOG.COM!

Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in the definitive battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Hmm noice to see it on gog
For me not emperor lol
low rated
MischiefMaker: Non-hero units don't earn XP (yet) so no biggie.

You're gonna want to use aggressor grenades and mass intercessors against those Venomthropes, they're meant as a counter to chainsword assaults.

Go light on the assault marines that mission and just use them (and the sergeant) as blockers for the priest.
Well it seems your short of it but, thank you anyway ;)
GOG.com: Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available on GOG.COM!

Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in the definitive battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I would like to get official clarification on some points:
1. Does the game need Galaxy for multiplayer? The game page doesn't say so, but someone said, that Galaxy is required. I would like to have an official statement about this.
2. Does the game offer in-app purchases and what kind of DRM is used to secure them?
3. Will you contact the dev to ask them to change the data-mining from opt-out to opt-in?
karnak1: Gameplay analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtvExQ0kIz8
Thanks for that.

The main gameplay loop looks good, but the monologues and cut scenes make me cringe.
low rated

Lifthrasil: I would like to get official clarification on some points:
1. Does the game need Galaxy for multiplayer? The game page doesn't say so, but someone said, that Galaxy is required. I would like to have an official statement about this.
2. Does the game offer in-app purchases and what kind of DRM is used to secure them?
3. Will you contact the dev to ask them to change the data-mining from opt-out to opt-in?
Why do you need such a thing, you guys are a minority except in messages posted on a forum..... just be a good customer like everyone else , either you buy it or you don't .... don't go jabbing about talking about drm free like you know everything what's it about .... and data mining, transforming a word into a criminal sentence is one but using it like it is a hype ... bah.... tallking about rights while your probably live of others ..... i hope they sentence you to life so the normal people finally can see some reductions on their insurance policies ...
I need this now... but yes, I'm going to wait for the inevitable complete edition down the line. I'm really tired of DLC and thir peculiar way of "punishing" people buying early; eventually they'll be all bundled together for a lower price than getting them separate. Plus, bug fixes.
Serren: That is absolutely disgusting. Thanks for the heads-up on the spyware. I'll be sure to avoid anything by this unethical developer and publisher.
There you go : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unity_games most of those game in this list after 2016 or 2017 have the same telemetry unless the devs specifically disabled it.
Zimerius: Why do you need such a thing, you guys are a minority except in messages posted on a forum..... just be a good customer like everyone else , either you buy it or you don't .... don't go jabbing about talking about drm free like you know everything what's it about .... and data mining, transforming a word into a criminal sentence is one but using it like it is a hype ... bah.... tallking about rights while your probably live of others ..... i hope they sentence you to life so the normal people finally can see some reductions on their insurance policies ...
Well there's a nonsensical rant if ever I saw one. He is simply asking some questions for clarification, and you want him to go to jail for that? You need to go see a therapist.

'Does this game have DRM?' is a question no user on this site should ever be criticized for asking.

Besides, talking about minorites/majorities, looking at the reviews on the store page, a majority of users who have seen them seem to be agreeing with the 'review bombs' (judging by the 'is this helpful votes'). Game developers would do well to listen to that sort of feedback.
Post edited July 24, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
Zimerius: Why do you need such a thing, you guys are a minority except in messages posted on a forum..... just be a good customer like everyone else , either you buy it or you don't .... don't go jabbing about talking about drm free like you know everything what's it about .... and data mining, transforming a word into a criminal sentence is one but using it like it is a hype ... bah.... tallking about rights while your probably live of others ..... i hope they sentence you to life so the normal people finally can see some reductions on their insurance policies ...
Time4Tea: Well there's a nonsensical rant if ever I saw one. He is simply asking some questions for clarification, and you want him to go to jail for that? You need to go see a therapist.

'Does this game have DRM?' is a question no user on this site should ever be criticized for asking.

Besides, talking about minorites/majorities, looking at the reviews on the store page, a majority of users who have seen them seem to be agreeing with the 'review bombs' (judging by the 'is this helpful votes')
If you only look at the answer it is just that, a request for information, maybe done at the wrong location, but yea, that just is, if you take the answer and similar requests or similar posts about information then it does sure seem like some new trend for the forum kids.

Of course the information requested is available on both the game forum and the developers page/faq page but that is something else entirely.

so yea, my reaction is both nonsensical and right on point following the logics of internet debates
Time4Tea: Well there's a nonsensical rant if ever I saw one. He is simply asking some questions for clarification, and you want him to go to jail for that? You need to go see a therapist.

Besides, talking about minorites/majorities, looking at the reviews on the store page, a majority of users who have seen them seem to be agreeing with the 'review bombs' (judging by the 'is this helpful votes'). Game developers would do well to listen to that sort of feedback.
i just took a look at the page and , well , it is indeed reviewbombed but .. in such a manner .. like cmon , is this serious?

a bunch off kiddies going out of their minds seems to be the sensical approach to reviews written like that

i would also urge you to take a look at the post from mr. Gersen, the one right above your first response to mine
Post edited July 24, 2021 by Zimerius
Zimerius: Of course the information requested is available on both the game forum and the developers page/faq page but that is something else entirely.
The game forum contains 2 threads that were started by users and contains no information relating to Lifthrasil's questions. Which developer page/FAQ are you referring to?

Zimerius: i would also urge you to take a look at the post from mr. Gersen, the one right above your first response to mine
The main concern for me (which many in this thread seem to be evading) is whether the game includes in-game purchases and the DRM that would presumably be required to facilitate that. Gersen's post doesn't address that.
high rated

I can help with the 1st question - to play online, you need to use either Galaxy or Slitherine account (screenshots attached), there is no option to play online without one of those. Of course hot-seat doesn't require any of those :)

I did not find any trace of in-app purchases, but I'll leave the answering for 2nd and 3rd question to someone from GOG's crew :)
Attachments:
Definetely getting it eventually. I like the Warhammer world but I'm not passionate enough about it to buy this game at launch, I'm prioritizing some of the other upcoming Slitherine titles.
low rated
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, also developed by Black Lab Games, has Galaxy achievements, so I don't understand why Battlesector doesn't have them. I hope it's just a setback and that they add them soon.
MartiusR: I can help with the 1st question - to play online, you need to use either Galaxy or Slitherine account (screenshots attached), there is no option to play online without one of those. Of course hot-seat doesn't require any of those :)

I did not find any trace of in-app purchases, but I'll leave the answering for 2nd and 3rd question to someone from GOG's crew :)
Thank you for the reply!

Before I answer your questions, a note of clarification. The button in the options menu that everyone is review-bombing this game for leads to a webpage with a boilerplate disclosure from Unity. Not everything in the disclosure may necessarily apply to Battle Sector.

#1 was already answered.

#2 There is no in-game store. Devs have already promised DLC in the future, including new factions. I expect it'll be a DLC-unlock patch like all GOG games that can be burned to a disk and run without an internet connection.

#3 I can't speak for GOG, but on that Unity disclosure web page there is a checkbox to opt-out of any data collection by unity for your computer with a big warning that this is permanent. I clicked it and the game still runs.