It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
OPlayer-SI: Does Warcraft II include the DOS version too?
MartiusR: Nope, only Windows version (Battle.net edition, with "integrated" add-on). In "original" version and in "enhanced" version (second one seems to be working a bit jerky at the moment though).
Thank you. :( I am a sad panda now.
Is there campaign editor?!
mandalorian95: Is there campaign editor?!
Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition
-Map builder for creating your own scenarios

it should. Though I don't renenber if you could edit the campaigns, though.
Kelefane: Is StarCraft honestly a real possibility?
Fallen_Zen: Classic StarCraft (and Remastered as both are one bundle and what soon will be WarCraft 3 with Reforged) are strictly tied to the Battle.net client and cannot be launched without it. I'm not from BizDev so don't know any details but I believe those titles will be hard to get on GOG. But we can all dream like with Diablo and WarCraft I & II, right? :)
Free version of StarCraft Blizz gave out a year or so ago runs without launching the new Battle.net.

As does the one they gave out with the original launch of the Wings of Liberty.
I’m excited for the release, when you enter battle net- free free to go to the chat channel labeled classic games. We are all grouping there. Lots of games going on
wolfsite: Can you comment on other Blizzard games that are available free such as Blackthorne, Rock N Roll Racing, and The Lost Vikings?
Fallen_Zen: Comment on what? They're free to download from https://us.battle.net/account/download/. Besides that I don't know anything else.
I hate myself right now for not completing the sentence properly right now.
kud13: Free version of StarCraft Blizz gave out a year or so ago runs without launching the new Battle.net.

I thought it updates to the latest version (Remastered basically which is one build with Classic) when connected to Battle.net servers (multiplayer) but it seems I may be wrong on that :)
shantae.: Warcraft II was one of my first computer strategy games, so I just had to buy it, full price or not! I may get the first one, later on.

I was never able to get my physical edition to work with Windows 7 / 10, so thanks Gog, for convincing Blizzard. Hell is frozen.

Having the soudtrack available separately would be nice, but I know that would be a huge pain to get. Just saying it would be the cherry on top.
Gylfe: If i remember correctly you can just access the song files right from the installation. I know its a pain compared to just downloading the soundtrack, but should work just the same.
That would be neat, but sadly it's not the case, just checked it.

The sound effects (mine sound, sword sounds, etcetera) can be easily copied, you select the .wav files you're interested and paste them, elsewhere. The music tracks were "built" inside one of the .mpq files, which are loaded by the game, when you start it.

mandalorian95: Is there campaign editor?!
There's is a map creator. You can create a map to play online with your friends, for example.

You can't create a campaign with a new story. Like in Starcraft I.
Symphony8: Got a shock when I saw this in my inbox this morning!

Has anyone tried the 'high resolution support' for Warcraft 2? How does compare to the original?
I've tried and it seems to be messed up. Cursor is magically "disappearing" in some moments and appearing in other place, also animation and map scrolling seems to have some issues in random moments.

I've got no idea why it's happening (playing on Windows 8.1 64 bit with i7 processor, Geforce GTX 1060 and 16GB RAM), but by some reason "original" version is not making any problems like that.
Done! Digital copies of all Blizzard games available here are now mine :D Which one should I play?
kud13: Free version of StarCraft Blizz gave out a year or so ago runs without launching the new Battle.net.

Fallen_Zen: I thought it updates to the latest version (Remastered basically which is one build with Classic) when connected to Battle.net servers (multiplayer) but it seems I may be wrong on that :)
They originally made StarCraft available as a DRM-free download, then people who ran the launcher soon afterwards and let it update found that it bound the game to the launcher. Bypassing the launcher prevented this behaviour, but that's cold comfort if you didn't get it DRM-free at the time.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/thanks_blizzard_now_buzz_off/page1
Nice! Now I'll be able to play WarCraft: Orcs & Humans for the first time in a few years, and, finally, I'll get to try WarCraft 2: Tides of Darkness for the first time ever, and on top of that it even comes with its expansion too.
I also like that there's both an option to buy the two games separately or bundled together instead, which in this case I might actually go for the bundle. That way I get to play WarCraft again, but can also get to finally try WarCraft 2 (which always seemed kind of cooler to me ehe).
Now, I would also like to see StarCraft (and why not its expansion too) being available on GOG, but... for now I'm already glad (besides I've always prefered, and spent more time, playing WarCraft so yeah).
Anyway, thank you!
high rated
Money talks. The three titles thus far are rocketing up the all time bestselling charts. Some of Blizzard's newer games (that are always online with microtransactions) may continue to elude us regardless, but there's got to be a way to work out the release of Diablo II, the OG StarCraft, some version of Warcraft III, The Lost Vikings 1+2, Blackthorne, etc.
Post edited March 30, 2019 by Barry_Woodward
Oh. My. GOG!

This better not be an April's fool!
Klorix: Oh. My. GOG!

This better not be an April's fool!
congratz it is not