It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What is Undertale anyway?

<span class="bold">Undertale</span>, a most peculiar RPG adventure, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

What is Undertale? It's a good, tough question. It's a particularly weird little game — a textbook case of so unusual and special, that saying too much might end up a disservice.

The adorable 8-bit RPG is, like most things in life and Undertale, an unassuming layer of lies. Lies, beneath which lies one of the most interesting indie games in recent memory — Undertale the RPG where talking your way out of every fight is an option, but then so is total genocide. It's a game that throws countless twists at you — abstract encounters with absurd enemies, the most unexpected consequences to your actions, and vastly varying experiences that are 100% your fault. Who you are, and how your Undertale plays out will change everything — even your next inevitable playthrough.

Your most peculiar adventure begins with <span class="bold">Undertale</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for one week, until March 8, 1:59 PM GMT.

In the press:
“The puzzles aren't particularly impressive.” 10/10 – Destructoid
“I have a couple of issues with the user interface.” 10/10 – PCInvasion
“If there’s a criticism to be had, it’s that sometimes Toby Fox doesn’t know when to let a joke go.” 10/10 – The Jimquisition
YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting, I've heard good things about it.
Wishlisted for now.
Undertale appearing on Gog fills me with determination.
Close to 2,000 votes on the community wishlist and Undertale has finally arrived! Proof that the system works! :D
While not my type, it is a solid fun game. With several endings and ways of playing.
Fuck yeh! I love it when waiting on a game pays off.
high rated
succumbed to the hype some weeks ago and bought elsewhere, tried to play for about an hour (got to the house and had some pie)... and even though its combat system and storytelling is unusual, I still don't really see why it's the best indie game of 2015...

would someone care to elaborate (without spoilers) what's ahead of me? because honestly I don't really feel like continuing right now, but I don't believe the game ISN'T great :)
Yay. Finally!
Nice release, but.. I still have to understand if this game is great as some say, or just extremely overrated. O_o
Post edited March 01, 2016 by phaolo
great game with a story that builds to an exceedingly dark and epic finale, has a really good soundtrack too.
phaolo: Nice release, but.. I still have to understand if this game is great as some say, or just extremely overrated. O_o
Little bit of column A, little bit of columb B.
low rated
Oh neat to see this release here, pretty awesome touching game!

But fortunately, as it is currently unfairly priced (that is not uniquely priced), I will not buy it again, so thanks for that! :)
aaaaahhhh, finally! :o)))
Let the wild memes begin~!