It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Evil can be lawful, as much as it can be chaotic.

<span class="bold">Tyranny</span>, Obsidian Entertainment's epic RPG that tasks you with enforcing the law on a land recovering from war, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements.

Sometimes you can't control history. However, you can control how its inevitable turns affect the people. After years of bloody conflict, the world of Tyranny has fallen under the rule of Kyros, a powerful Overlord who is now looking for strong individuals willing to enforce his law and keep his subjects in line. Once you become a Fatebinder, you will hold the power to shape the lives of thousands with your decisions. Will you act as an unquestioning instrument of your lord's justice or will you find other ways of bringing order to this broken world? Depending on your choices, some challenges can be overcome with mutually beneficial arrangements or coercion, but if push comes to shove, the real-time-with-pause combat shall help those who defy you see reason.

Embark on a dark journey where your decisions will dictate what kind of <span class="bold">Tyranny</span> the people will experience, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Grab the official, 18-track OST, a high-resolution map and wallpapers, plus 4 exclusive Coats of Arms in the <span class="bold">Archon Edition</span>. To further expand your authority, go for the <span class="bold">Overlord Edition</span>, which also adds 3 exclusive short stories, a Guide Book, and a sweet Art book.
For instructions on how to redeem your Paradox Plaza forum icons and avatars, please check the Tyranny gamecard.

In the press:
"Tyranny offers a unique RPG experience where the standard good vs evil format is turned on its side."
4/5 - HardcoreGamer

"Though I've mentioned Knights of the Old Republic II and Planescape: Torment, there isn't really another RPG like Obsidian's latest.
8/10 - PCGamesN

https://www.youtube.com/embed/V-qgP24dZv0
Post edited November 10, 2016 by maladr0Id
Hi all,

For those of you experiencing some oddness with the Tyranny pre-load in Galaxy, please go to "More" then "Setting" and you will see an option to enable or disable automatic updates.

Please switch a few times between the "Automatically" and "Manually" settings in the updates menu.

Screenshot of the install updates menu

if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)
Post edited November 10, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Niggles: So how is the game so far for those who bought and playing it?.
I've just finished Act 1, and so far I like it better than Pillars of Eternity. Its choice&consequence system and writing is much better. You're not forced to be a good guy in disguise or a murderous psycho, and the reputation system is pretty good.
The combat isn't quite as interesting as in PoE however (mostly because I've only fought humans so far, there's a big lack in enemy diversity) and it's not helped by the fact the AI is pretty bad.
mystral: The combat isn't quite as interesting as in PoE however (mostly because I've only fought humans so far, there's a big lack in enemy diversity)
There are ghost/elemental type enemies and beastmen later on but yeah it's definitely more human centric.
mystral: I've just finished Act 1, and so far I like it better than Pillars of Eternity. Its choice&consequence system and writing is much better. You're not forced to be a good guy in disguise or a murderous psycho, and the reputation system is pretty good.
The combat isn't quite as interesting as in PoE however (mostly because I've only fought humans so far, there's a big lack in enemy diversity) and it's not helped by the fact the AI is pretty bad.
I don't understand why we get so few options these days. Neverwinter Nights 2 was amazing with AI, even more so with mods that expanded on it.
Niggles: So how is the game so far for those who bought and playing it?.
mystral: I've just finished Act 1, and so far I like it better than Pillars of Eternity. Its choice&consequence system and writing is much better. You're not forced to be a good guy in disguise or a murderous psycho, and the reputation system is pretty good.
Thanks. The AI thing is a bummer though.
Pheace: I don't understand why we get so few options these days. Neverwinter Nights 2 was amazing with AI, even more so with mods that expanded on it.
Will this be moddable at all?
Post edited November 12, 2016 by Niggles
Not worth the price. This game was a let down.
I've watched some reviews and many of them claimed that the last act has no real end and seems rushed. Does that mean the main story line is not really finished and one can prepare to "buy" DLC to see the real ending?
goral: Play Age of Decadence instead of this UNLESS you really liked Pillars of Eternity.

Here's the game in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4npN1oblxQs
Completely disagree. AOD is punishing to the point of being un-fun, at least IMHO.

The game is absolutely fantastic, if you like CRPG's.

Highlights:

1. Story is engrossing and original. One of the few games, where I could actually tell you what is going on, in detail, including the backstory.

2. Combat is challenging, but slightly less punishing than POE, which is a good thing.

3. Art design is gorgeous and distinctive.

4. Progression systems are many and deep, without being confusing.

The only other game of its type that is in its league, right now, is Divinity: Original Sin and Shadowrun: Dragonfall. POE and Wasteland 2 are slightly below. I am eager to see whether the new Torment: Tides of Numenera will rise to this level. It seems clear that D: OS 2 will.

All that I can say is that I think it is really exciting that this old school style of RPG has become so popular again and has received such high quality treatments in the modern gaming era. Makes up a lot for the fact that the AAA houses seem to be making increasingly disappointing RPGs.
Post edited November 14, 2016 by CorumJhalenIrsei
CorumJhalenIrsei: Completely disagree. AOD is punishing to the point of being un-fun, at least IMHO.
No it's not, you just need to think a little before you do something unlike in AAA games where no matter what you do it won't end badly for you (like in shitty Bethesda games). If for example you refuse the most powerful man in the world and attack his guards you will die (in an epic way but you will, because taking on the whole army is just stupid), same goes for Palace in Teron or telling thugs to fuck off when you have zero combat skills. As for combat, it offers quite a few tactical options which allow to win battles against superior force using your wits. This is something that most games lack (Jagged Alliance being another exception and Underrail and Divinity Original Sin to a lesser degree), you just click and use your special attack, wait for it to cooldown (even for some really weak spells), click, wait... Which is tedious and which is the case for Tranny. It's utterly primitive and not fun not only because you mindlessly click but also because you face endless copy-pasted human bands and there's no variety.

Also:

One thing that was particularly jarring is how almost all the NPCs are casually bisexual, like in Dragon Age II. That sort of heavy-handed social commentary should just fuck off, making everyone bi (even the beastwoman!) doesn't mean that you're adding something to their personalities.
Although I guess the title (Tranny) and the fact that it was financed by Swedish publisher explains it.
Post edited November 14, 2016 by goral
deonast: I hadn't realised it was out this weekend. I was debating if I should pre-order (since I won't get time to play for a while) kind of dependent on how much money I spent at concerts this weekend (last nights was a cheap one). Guess I was too late. I'll just wait too since there is no other incentive (eg discount instead of pre-order) and the overloard edition is a bit pricey right now.
I almost forked the ~50$ to play the game (one of the very few times I would have done so), but then looked at the specs and realized my graphic card was borderline to play the game.

So, I opted to wait as 50$ is a lot of pay for a game that may not run optimally on your machine. Pre-order content would have been nice, but it doesn't beat the discount I'll probably get during a promo down the line by the time I have a new laptop with a GPU powerful enough to comfortably play the game.
Post edited November 15, 2016 by Magnitus
SinInvictus: Not worth the price. This game was a let down.
Care to specify why you feel that way? I think it's easily the best CRPG of the year.
MaGo72: I've watched some reviews and many of them claimed that the last act has no real end and seems rushed. Does that mean the main story line is not really finished and one can prepare to "buy" DLC to see the real ending?
I thought it was because of my decision in game during my first playthrough. But that may be true as I felt the same way too: The last arc is short and quite uninteresting. It has been a solid writting and development from the start so the last part is a bit of let down. I am not complaining about the ending though.
I sent a man to be impaled.
I made a woman kill her friends with blunt object
I helped to pretty much nuke a giant citadel.
A man begged for his life for I could have save him. He was ignored.
I brought fear to noble heroes and defenders of the weak.

five hours in so far.

Such a great game.
SinInvictus: Not worth the price. This game was a let down.
Punkoinyc: Care to specify why you feel that way? I think it's easily the best CRPG of the year.
Not like there was much competition this year.
Punkoinyc: Care to specify why you feel that way? I think it's easily the best CRPG of the year.
hyperagathon: Not like there was much competition this year.
Can't argue with that, but it's a good game nonetheless.
Bin ich zu müde oder sehe ich wirklich ab jetzt ein Tyranny - Overlord Edition Upgrade?