It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to reap what they sow.

UPDATE: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil now also features multiplayer with GOG Galaxy crossplay – enabling you to jump into the fray with the worldwide Turok community regardless of platform.

<span class="bold">Turok 2: Seeds of Evil</span>, the remastered version of the FPS that proved dinosaur-hunting can be enormously fun, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Prehistoric reptiles and assorted monstrosities are running rampant until a new Turok rises to fight them. To compliment his heroic bloodlust, he's bringing 20+ badass weapons, remastered graphics, and carefully enhanced gameplay.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
Klumpen0815: It can't be that badly optimized, can it?
eiii: Maybe it can. I don't know from what systems these reports are, but considering the graphics quality of the game this does not sound like optimization
A big issue regarding framerate drops looks to be due to the amount of blood decals they've shoved into the game. The tester mentions frequently on the stream that he suffers low framerates (what he and his chat jokingly refer to as "N64 mode") each time he kills an enemy that leaves a mess on screen and he notes multiple times throughout that he's running the game in 1440p on a GTX 1080.

If anyone's curious, this is the stream (it's ~6 hours long and has low person audio throughout the first few until he realizes he needs to boost his mic). There's not a great deal of insight to be gained from it regarding changes/etc. that were done to the game and since he's employed by Night Dive he does a lot of expected horn tooting but he does point out some interesting things all the same.
stryx: You can tell the emulator to upscale the image to a higher resolution in a larger window, if your computer has the horse power to do so.
tinyE: Thanks. It's an NES Emulator so I should have the power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk
tinyE: Thanks. It's an NES Emulator so I should have the power.
stryx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk
Best freeware He-Man tribute ever:
http://gamejolt.com/games/he-man/19434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEXCBYzpOs0

And some more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZORZbCgZ61c
Klumpen0815: It can't be that badly optimized, can it?
eiii: Maybe it can. I don't know from what systems these reports are, but considering the graphics quality of the game this does not sound like optimization:
- <i>low framerate around 20 to 30</i>
- <i>it does have a few random performance dips, even on my rig that can max most games out</i>

amurgaming: Remastering has been Nightdive's core business for years and I find it hard to critize them for it (+ it's what sets them apart from other studios).
eiii: Especially their overly professional style to work as described here:
TheMonkofDestiny: There's a long archived stream on YouTube from one of the testers and during it he mentions that they expected a lot of the AMD-related issues to crop up post-launch due to the fact that none of them during the testing period had access to any AMD hardware.
eiii:
Yeah that's a bit of a bummer.
Lol, c'mon GOG. That doesn't count as a release. It's a damn patch.
1 month after the original release. Well, I guess it could be worse.
By the way, you might want to edit out the store page's description.
Attachments:
Post edited April 19, 2017 by Grargar
Grargar: 1 month after the original release. Well, I guess it could be worse.
By the way, you might want to edit out the store page's description.
think it's been done already.
tyrvas: think it's been done already.
Yup. Seems to be the case.
There wasn't a patch for this? I see nothing on Galaxy... also was hoping they would add Galaxy achievements as well. Disappointing.
What does the CrossPlay for Multiplayer mean? So I can play with people that bought it on Steam in Multiplayer? What about the other way around? Is it "just" the same Multiplayer either way or do people from Steam specifically need to search when I'm using the gog version?
HellsDelight: What does the CrossPlay for Multiplayer mean? So I can play with people that bought it on Steam in Multiplayer? What about the other way around? Is it "just" the same Multiplayer either way or do people from Steam specifically need to search when I'm using the gog version?
It just works.
Pricey!
MIK0: Pricey!
Worth it!

Also the next sale's gonna come for sure.
Historic GOG.COM Galaxy Crossplay achievement :)
Maxvorstadt: What the...? Quadcore? Really?
Man, this is hilarious.
It's Night Dive, don't look so surprised. They remind me of Square-Enix when it comes to re-release requirements unfortunately.

Still hey, it's Turok 2 on GOG.