It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Train Valley 2 - Passenger Flow is now available DRM-free. Save up to 85% off on Train Valley franchise until October 10th, 5pm UTC.

The good old gameplay of the original Train Valley comes to the modern rails of Train Valley 2 in the Passenger Flow DLC. Overcome the tension of passenger traffic by building efficient railroads and delivering trains as quickly as possible. All aboard!
zeffyr: Oh my, superb news! I enjoyed Train Valley 2 much more than TV1, it sure is very replayable, but a new add-on is a really nice addition :)
Zoidberg: Funny, I enjoyed the first one much more than the second. Less readable, no classy simplicity; I got annoyed by the second pretty quickly...

They're very different games though. The first being more of a puzzler and the second more like a management game.
I strongly disagree. They are both puzzlers with a slightly different approach. The first is more like Tetris, you have to adapt to random events (which blocks you will get versus where a train spawns and where it wants to go). The second Train Valley is a strongly deterministic puzzler: no random elements (well, except for possibly one or two levels) and the challenge is to find a way to get things done in reasonable time. It doesn't really have any management aspects.

I played TV1 first but didn't touch it after I had started TV2. While I was busy with TV2, I hardly touched anything else. It's a shame this DLC does a step back to the TV1 way of doing things. If these were a bunch of new TV2-style levels, I'd have bought them right away, no questions asked. I'm not sure if I want to get this.
Zoidberg: TV2 felt awfully unrewarding, giving away stars only to those who complete the levels fast enough. Bummer because unlocks are linked to those. After several hours of not making progress, I let the game go...
zeffyr: That's not true, on each level there are 5 stars to earn and only 3 of them are connected with time taken to complete a level. 2 of them can be earned irrespective of that.
And that is way too slow in the end, unlocking nothing for levels at a time. :(
Zoidberg: Funny, I enjoyed the first one much more than the second. Less readable, no classy simplicity; I got annoyed by the second pretty quickly...

They're very different games though. The first being more of a puzzler and the second more like a management game.
BitMaster_1980: I strongly disagree.
That's your right.
Post edited October 04, 2019 by Zoidberg
Zoidberg: And that is way too slow in the end, unlocking nothing for levels at a time. :(
Look, I'm not trying to convince you, if you feel that a game's not for you, that's fine. But don't provide incorrect information - getting 1 or 2 stars per level will unlock new trains, and gameplay has an option to play the game on x2 or x3 speed, so that's where you can speed up your locomotives :P
Additionally, the stars only unlock alternative models for trains. That's purely a visual choice.
Zoidberg: And that is way too slow in the end, unlocking nothing for levels at a time. :(
zeffyr: Look, I'm not trying to convince you, if you feel that a game's not for you, that's fine. But don't provide incorrect information - getting 1 or 2 stars per level will unlock new trains, and gameplay has an option to play the game on x2 or x3 speed, so that's where you can speed up your locomotives :P
Hey dude, I don't lie nor give incorrect information, I'm just sharing my experience of the game. Unlocking 1 or 2 stars per level unlocks barely anything and make me feel like progress is awfully slow thus making the game unfun to me (unlike the first episode which, while perfectible, offered an enjoyable experience)

Again, that's my experience of the second episode. There really is no reason to bash me for it or call me a liar. :(
BitMaster_1980: I played TV1 first but didn't touch it after I had started TV2. While I was busy with TV2, I hardly touched anything else. It's a shame this DLC does a step back to the TV1 way of doing things. If these were a bunch of new TV2-style levels, I'd have bought them right away, no questions asked. I'm not sure if I want to get this.
If you liked TV2 you should not be disappointed. There is a mix of both mechanics and it brings refreshingly nice experience on top of 50 levels of the main campaign. At least so far we have very good reviews from TV2 fans on discord.
flazm: If you liked TV2 you should not be disappointed. There is a mix of both mechanics and it brings refreshingly nice experience on top of 50 levels of the main campaign. At least so far we have very good reviews from TV2 fans on discord.
So when will be able to download any of these maps for the Gog version ?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/602320/workshop/
Post edited October 06, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot
i_hope_you_rot: So when will be able to download any of these maps for the Gog version ?
It is a complicated issue. It is not even a technical but legal matter. Technically we can't take items from the steam workshop and brings it to another platform.
And we are telling about it on the store page (workshop is not mentioned in features).
Probably (probably) we will find a way to make TV2 workshop independent one day. But I can't give any guarantees.
flazm: It is a complicated issue. It is not even a technical but legal matter. Technically we can't take items from the steam workshop and brings it to another platform.
And we are telling about it on the store page (workshop is not mentioned in features).
Probably (probably) we will find a way to make TV2 workshop independent one day. But I can't give any guarantees.
Couldn't it be possible to do some kind of "free DLC" with packages of the best community levels by asking creators of the levels ? Or is this absolutely legally blocked ?
Can the GOG version play custom levels if you put the file somewhere manually?
(Bump) It seems that there is no way to run custom levels on the GOG version, right.

That's a shame. With these games I've got to buy them again and again. With the first part I got the Steam version first (obviously), because it wasn't on GOG at that time. That had the wonky saving on Linux – so I bought the GOG version to work around that. Now I bought the GOG version of the second part and it seems I need the Steam version, again.
Third post in a row…

I'm very unhappy with the DLC. The first levels are good, but too easy and then it's back to the old grind watching the timers running down of the main game. I would even go so far that I regret buying it and the main game which I only bought after the release of the DLC.

IMO it was very bad advertising going around negative reviews of players that liked the first part but didn't like the second part telling them that they would like the DLC. There is a thread on Steam that recommends playing custom levels that focus only on the passenger mechanics, but obviously that is impossible with this version.

So… without the developers' comments it would be okay, but this deliberate misinformation left a bad taste in my mouth.