It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A foxy quest for old-school love!

<span class="bold">Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back</span>, an addictive but punishing sidescrolling platformer from the glory days, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Remember when, as kids, you were smitten with your friend's gaming machine and certain that you could beat that amazing platformer they couldn't seem to master? Titus the Fox was one of those games.
The constantly smiling fox is on a mission to rescue his kidnapped sweetheart, Suzy, and he's even willing to cross the Sahara desert to get to her. Angry construction workers, giant bees, ferocious dogs, and unfriendly louts will try to stop him, but Titus has the means to outfox them all. Pick up enemies and throw them at their colleagues, jump higher with the help of well-placed springs, or sweep across the terrain using unconventional means of transportation like skateboards and magic carpets. Your true love awaits!

Relive the glory days of zany platforming with the <span class="bold">Titus the Fox: To Marrakech and Back</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
muntdefems: They moved the note: from under the specs to the beginning of the About section.

Now it only needs a little nudge upwards so it ends where it belongs, in the Included goodies section. :P
JudasIscariot: It has 3 separate installers and it's in a different language. It's in the right place. Now, if this was a DOS/Windows issue, then yes, one version would be in the included goodies section (see Heroes of Might and Magic 2).
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand it. If the game starring Moktar comes in a separate installer than the one starring Titus the Fox, I don't see why it can't be considered an extra/goodie.

I see that bundled games (like e.g. the Falcon bundle included in this weekend's promo) also list the included games in the About section. But this is not a bundled game: Titus the Fox is the game being sold, and the original Moktar one is a plus, an addition. I still see it as a goodie.

Unless of course this is just an internal semantic distinction on GOG's part. Like, someone decided some time ago that only the Windows counterparts of simultaneous DOS & Windows versions of mid-90s games were to be considered goodies.

PS: Now I've got your attention, did you get the chance to take a look at the technical issue I PMed you about a couple of days ago? :)
Post edited October 14, 2016 by muntdefems
JudasIscariot: It has 3 separate installers and it's in a different language. It's in the right place. Now, if this was a DOS/Windows issue, then yes, one version would be in the included goodies section (see Heroes of Might and Magic 2).
muntdefems: I'm sorry, but I still don't understand it. If the game starring Moktar comes in a separate installer than the one starring Titus the Fox, I don't see why it can't be considered an extra/goodie.

I see that bundled games (like e.g. the Falcon bundle included in this weekend's promo) also list the included games in the About section. But this is not a bundled game: Titus the Fox is the game being sold, and the original Moktar one is a plus, an addition. I still see it as a goodie.

Unless of course this is just an internal semantic distinction on GOG's part. Like, someone decided some time ago that only the Windows counterparts of simultaneous DOS & Windows versions of mid-90s games were to be considered goodies.

PS: Now I've got your attention, did you get the chance to take a look at the technical issue I PMed you about a couple of days ago? :)
Because it's treated as a separate language version of the game and you know how we distribute separate language versions of games, right? :) This allows us to distribute the game via Galaxy for those who choose to use it.

As for your technical issue, I talked with Support and asked them to look into it again so I recommend following up on your ticket by sending an email about it with that ticket number.

Also, please use pastebin for long messages, it helps to parse everything better :)
IAmSinistar: If we can get good old platformers from the Amiga days in their DOS incarnations, how about this one?
jamyskis: Well, we have variants of Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 here, so whoever is managing the rights to the Bitmap Bros. titles is clearly not adverse to having them here, and the DOS versions of most of the Bitmap Bros. games weren't terrible, Xenon 1 & 2 notwithstanding.

The DOS version of Gods is actually surprisingly close to the Amiga version, although the Amiga version of that particular game was a bit of an outlier in that it turned out to be one of the weakest versions of the game (unusual in that Bitmap Bros. were usually an Amiga-centric developer, but they took the opportunity with the later console ports to iron out many of the games biggest problems).

I actually still have original, legal copies of the CD-ROM versions of Speedball 2, Magic Pockets, Gods and Xenon 2. No special CD-ROM features, just a tacky installer for installation under Windows 95 so that they could run in Win95 DOS mode :)
I have that cd-rom too, is this one right http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/our-games/past/bb-comp.htm ?
I wonder how their rights works because to me ti would be straightforward to simply release the dos version with dosbox (while for amiga with have the well known licence issue).
Meanwhile I'm waiting for this beauty to be shipped https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/the-bitmap-brothers-universe
JudasIscariot: Because it's treated as a separate language version of the game and you know how we distribute separate language versions of games, right? :) This allows us to distribute the game via Galaxy for those who choose to use it.
Okay, that makes sense to me, at least to some degree. Since 'Moktar' and 'Titus the Fox' are basically the same game with a different sprite and splash screen, I can see the former being considered the French version of the latter (though I'm sure others won't agree to that). Thanks for the explanation. :)

JudasIscariot: As for your technical issue, I talked with Support and asked them to look into it again so I recommend following up on your ticket by sending an email about it with that ticket number.

Also, please use pastebin for long messages, it helps to parse everything better :)
Thanks again! Will do it first thing next Monday morning.

As per the long PMs, it never occurred to me to use pastebin... They were email transcriptions, and I normally use pastebin and similars for code. :P
JudasIscariot: As for your technical issue, I talked with Support and asked them to look into it again so I recommend following up on your ticket by sending an email about it with that ticket number.

muntdefems: Thanks again! Will do it first thing next Monday morning.

As per the long PMs, it never occurred to me to use pastebin... They were email transcriptions, and I normally use pastebin and similars for code. :P
Yes, well... do consider the recipient of long messages :) Makes it easier to parse pastebin links than a long string of direct email transcriptions :)
I have played this game in the past. Frankly the game gives me the creeps, more than many so-called horror games.
The atmosphere is oppressive and the missile-type enemies are very fast. The colours are sombre.
The scrolling is extremely jerky and you cannot see what is in front of you
It reminds me a bit of Rick Dangerous in that regard,
When you are hit you are sent flying uncontrollable incurring further damage should you hit additional enemies on that trajectory.

Wait, only negative comments?
No, I really loved the bouncy physics when jumping on a ball (and/ or) a trampoline.
Will I buy this game? No, just too frustating platforming to my liking.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by jorlin
Well I wasn't expecting this. Fond memories of playing Titus on the Amiga. I am wary though about the Dos version as the Dos ports were most always inferior. Great game but very hard.
deleted
pferreira1983: I am wary though about the Dos version as the Dos ports were most always inferior. Great game but very hard.
Fairfox: Yah, I boughteded it (because GOGie's "A foxy quest for old-school love!" could apply to me! I mean probs, right?) but does aaanybody kno if teh Amiga version is better? I looked on YouTubey but it's hard to kno in terms of how they 'play', obvs.
Imho sound... sounds better? Right? ;P
deleted
Good to see another oldie released.
Tried Titus' adventures some time ago, I don't mind hard games but this one is just insane...no fun in it.
I remember playing this on my old 486 PC with DOS 6.22. Great game; very fun, but also very hard! The music was awesome too!
BranjoHello: Good to see another oldie released.
Tried Titus' adventures some time ago, I don't mind hard games but this one is just insane...no fun in it.
It's easy to go in thinking it'll be a run of the mill platformer. Titus the Fox is more a strategic platformer, you need to plan around the level in order to succeed.