It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a gruelling action game with fast-paced combat and an intricate weapon system.

Genre: Action, RPG
Discount: 10% off until 25th August 2022, 3 PM UTC
high rated
In case anyone is wondering, Thymesia works in Windows 7. You just need to use -DX11.
Post edited August 18, 2022 by DoomSooth
high rated
FrostburnPhoenix: GOG uses 17+ age gates often,
Nope, GOG does not even HAVE age gates at all. All they have is a security message which can simply be clicked away. Also, as with the other game there does not exist any rating at all for the PC version yet, so it is up to GOG to decide which rating they would want to chose as they are responsible for the content they provide. If you should worry about what the publiashers might think about GOGs rating: I have been told by GOG that publishers always verify the game pages before the final release so apparently they are fine with GOGs rating.

Anyway: if there would be any true age gating on GOG the rating might have been problematic for sales but since the "gating" only exists in form of a security message the whole discussion - once again - imo is completely pointless and unnecessary.

Just my 2cts and the only thing I will say to this.
Post edited August 18, 2022 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Nope, GOG does not even HAVE age gates at all. All they have is a security message which can simply be clicked away. Also, as with the other game there does not exist any rating at all for the PC version yet, so it is up to GOG to decide which rating they would want to chose as they are responsible for the content they provide. If you should worry about what the publiashers might think about GOGs rating: I have been told by GOG that publishers always verify the game pages before the final release so apparently they are fine with GOGs rating.

Anyway: if there would be any true age gating on GOG the rating might have been problematic for sales but since the "gating" only exists in form of a security message the whole discussion - once again - imo is completely pointless and unnecessary.

Just my 2cts and the only thing I will say to this.
Technically it's an age gate but it doesn't matter what you call it.
Apparently they still sell these to german users so it doesn't actually seem GOG is worried about that. (and they really shouldn't be)
Now that is very interesting. Idea factory is fine with https://www.gog.com/en/game/death_end_request_early_bird_special then?

Perhaps they look at just the page, and not the age gate/warning leading to the page?
Post edited August 18, 2022 by FrostburnPhoenix
high rated
@FrostburnPhoenix I'd like to kindly ask you not to hijack another thread with this topic again. Let's focus on discussing the game, not the page content warning or lack thereof.
Clownski_: @FrostburnPhoenix I'd like to kindly ask you not to hijack another thread with this topic again. Let's focus on discussing the game, not the page content warning or lack thereof.
Just delete his comments like you do other people. You do that right?
Clownski_: @FrostburnPhoenix I'd like to kindly ask you not to hijack another thread with this topic again. Let's focus on discussing the game, not the page content warning or lack thereof.
Not trying to derail the thread, but thank you!
Will GOG get a demo of Thymesia?
TheCleaner517: Just delete his comments like you do other people. You do that right?
Yeah, when they're offtopic and of no value and/or spam. Also when discussing moderating actions publicly, among other things mentioned in our CoC. Now back to topic please.
Post edited August 18, 2022 by Clownski_
IronArcturus: Will GOG get a demo of Thymesia?
Considering they took down the demo on Steam, getting it here seems... unlikely.
So grim... What hope to save the world?
Great acquisition GoG! We can never get too many AA+ titles here!
i_ni: So grim... What hopes to save the world?
🩹
Post edited January 27, 2023 by user deleted
I have to agree with amok. If something is described as gruelling I'd rather not buy and/or play it. Why not advertise it as tedious and awful as well?
amok: Is not "grueling" a negative description? I am not sure I want to play anything described as grueling, seems like the oposite of fun
mk47at: I have to agree with amok. If something is described as gruelling I'd rather not buy and/or play it. Why not advertise it as tedious and awful as well?
Some synonyms for "grueling" that the two of you have chosen to ignore:

challenging,
demanding,
difficult,
exacting,
formidable,
hard,
hellacious,
herculean,
killer,
murderous,
testing,
tough

So, basically the same as the "Souls" games, which are so adorned by parts of the gaming community.

Definitely not my style of game - but obviously a lot of other people enjoy their masochistic gameplay...to those I say: "have fun!".
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2022 by BreOl72
Gersen: Apparently, from the few reviews I saw it seems to have nice combat, be solid and polished from a technical standpoint , but it's pretty short (~8 hours) and could have used more variety in levels and enemy design. Still it seems rather positive overall.
huan: 8h gameplay for soulslike game for 22 EUR? If true, that's rather big minus in my book :(
6-8 hours is pretty much standard for these types of action games not even taking the price into account?