It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Witcher World is Back!

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is now available on PC, exclusively via GOG.com.
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
As queen Meve, build an army and engage in story battles as you unravel an all-new 30-hour Witcher Tale that sends you exploring never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.

Thronebreaker comes with awesome free bonus items, available to claim and download right away. These include the official Thronebreaker soundtrack, the digital artbook for GWENT, the digital graphic novel Fox Children from Dark Horse, plus premium kegs, titles, and avatars for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Note: Owners of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will get GWENT: The Witcher Card Game added to their library.
Lifthrasil: I'm quite happy with my decision not to buy Thronebreaker, even though I had been waiting for it. But it turned out to be nothing more than a huge 'TRY GWENT!!11!1!' lure.
Since I am absolutely not into MP all I played from GWENT was the bew story based tutorial. Was hoping Thronebreaker would be a similar experience. An experience in which I could completely ignore MP since I always disliked MP. Thank you CDPR for developing a SP game that tries to push me to MP. Off the wishlist.
GOG.com: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is now available on PC, exclusively via GOG.com.
GOG.com: exclusively
How did it happen that it's now available in Steam?
OHMYGODJCABOMB: How did it happen that it's now available in Steam?
And the fun begins .
https://steamcommunity.com/app/973760/discussions/0/1752358461531861066/
What!? But if the game came out only a few weeks ago, and they announced that it was exclusive to GOG. Is the videogame selling very badly that now they sell it on Steam?
Post edited November 09, 2018 by Sjuan
GOG.com: exclusively
OHMYGODJCABOMB: How did it happen that it's now available in Steam?
Maybe exclusive for a time, or it just didn't sell well enough on GOG.
Sjuan: What!? But if the game came out only a few weeks ago, and they announced that it was exclusive to GOG. Is the videogame selling very badly that now they sell it on Steam?
Probably. And on Steam they can expect that no one cares about the strong tie to Gwent with it's enforced client. People there are used to a non-optional client, so Steam may actually be the better market for Thronebreaker. Also, they didn't get to drive away potential customers with over-advertising on Steam like they did here. I really think the very aggressive marketing has hurt the sales here on GOG, instead of pushing them.
Sjuan: What!? But if the game came out only a few weeks ago, and they announced that it was exclusive to GOG. Is the videogame selling very badly that now they sell it on Steam?
money, money, money! That's what GOG is all about.

exclusively for GOG, my ass. should've seen this coming. lol
Cheaper too, for me at least.
falloutttt: money, money, money! That's what GOG is all about.

exclusively for GOG, my ass. should've seen this coming. lol
To be honest?
Yes.

The videogames market has become the most smoke and mirror, ridiculos and laying market.

GOG is no exception.

This is why I scoff pre-sales, day 1 buy, seson pass and rubbish and wait for the final edition that will come, and will be £1.

Everything else is just wasted money that someone is, often litterally, stealing from you with lies.
Bought it recently and I think I'm about halfway through. Pretty good game. It's not the pure deckbuilder I was hoping for, but you get a story that's much more fleshed on than usual, in return.

One downside is that, unless the hardest difficulty is much, much more difficult than medium, the difficulty of the straightforward battles could use a little boost. I'm not familiar with Gwent and the sole idea behind my deck is nothing but 'cards that looks strong', yet I have yet to lose a single round in a normal match and tend to overwhelmingly crush the AI.

On the other hand, the story is fun, the setting is cohesive, the card battles are varied, the music is thematic and the campaign is definitely sizeable for a deckbuilder. All it really needs is some challenging side content or a substantially harder difficulty setting to really make its mark in the genre.
If I have a good memory, CD PROJEKT claimed that this game would be GOG EXCLUSIVELY. Today when I log on steam, it gives me news that Thronebreaker is available.

GOG EXCLUSIVELY appears to be a joke. but It is understandable. It looks like STEAM is still of great importance.
J1mZY_76: If I have a good memory, CD PROJEKT claimed that this game would be GOG EXCLUSIVELY. Today when I log on steam, it gives me news that Thronebreaker is available.

GOG EXCLUSIVELY appears to be a joke. but It is understandable. It looks like STEAM is still of great importance.
They had to release it on steam because people would not go to GOG just to get the game. People don't want to switch platforms, so to sell more of Thronebreaker they had to make it available on steam. It paid off, people are buying it on steam. They spent a lot of time and resources to make this game so it is understandable to boost sales by also releasing it on steam once they saw that it wasn't selling that well on GOG.
Post edited November 22, 2018 by ersem
Great game keep those tales coming.
The art of story telling , The music and , the graphical interface, This is time well spent.
Unfortuanetly I cant say the same for Gwent the witcher card game.

Thronebreaker delivers and the separate Gwent The witcher card game needs to change backkto strong cards being strong

Also 3 lines makes more sense the frost and fire have more bite skelllllige waves its become a shadow of its former self.

So melee, archery magepower and siedge all separate lines..also effects lasted a full turn.

IBut thats for another post.

If you are thinking of getting "Thronebrealer dont Just get it you wont be dissapointed.