It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The root of all evil

<span class="bold">The Original Strife: Veteran Edition</span>, the remastered FPS/RPG where you strive to rid the world of a spreading evil, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and multiplayer, and a 50% launch discount.

Eager to unroot an evil presence, overthrow a monarchy of religious fanatics, and blast away those who stand in your way? You'll get the chance to do all this and more, as you side with The Front, a resistance movement fighting the dark cultists of The Order. Your trusty weapons will go a long way towards ending this conflict, as will the assistance of the talented Blackbird, an underground agent whose skills at obtaining information are only rivalled by her dangerous allure. This Veteran Edition sports significant visual improvements, restored features, and all the bombastic charm of a game that set the standards for all FPS/RPG hybrids to follow in its wake.

Conspire with you resistance allies to undermine the sinister Order in <span class="bold">The Original Strife: Veteran Edition</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until May 24, 1:59 PM UTC.
tinyE: Is the stealth stuff a super pain in the ass? :P Some games like Thief can be fun with stealth but then others like the Hitman games can be fantastically cruel.
zlep: It's not "hide behind pillars or in darkness" stealth; it's "I'm in disguise or have done nothing suspicious so I can wander freely and even talk to people until I do" stealth. There are also alarmed areas and robots that are unavoidable and never fooled, so you'll be forced back to the zappy bangy parts quickly enough.

So, not a pain at all, but only available in limited areas. It's more a nice gameplay addition, like the dialogue options and multiple endings, rather than a fully fleshed out mechanic.
Way cool! I can't take another Hitman, step on the wrong blade of grass and get shot 40 times. :P
Never heard of it. Looks decent. A Doom clone?
gamefood: Never heard of it. Looks decent. A Doom clone?
More of a story driven shooter with dialogue and some choices you can make. Even stealth. With a somewhat open world where you can actually go into a shop to buy a weapon and such. It's based on the doom engine.
gamefood: Never heard of it. Looks decent. A Doom clone?
clarry: More of a story driven shooter with dialogue and some choices you can make. Even stealth. With a somewhat open world where you can actually go into a shop to buy a weapon and such. It's based on the doom engine.
Ooooohh. That sounds really not bad. Then it's Doom with an actual story huh? ;)
And I like the comic-style screensshots, I fear I have to purchase, some day.
Nice surprise! Strife was always a bit of an obscure game for me. None of my friends have basically even heard of it either. Gonna get this soon and de-mystify!
Enebias: Despite its fame, I have never heard about it before. Definitely something I am interested in, though!
That makes two of us.

I think I'll just go buy it, so I can get to bed earlier without losing more time reading opinions on it in the forum. So, So tired.
Post edited May 23, 2016 by deonast
This made the front page of r/games so I thought it might be worth sharing here.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8t8y1b/strife_overhaul_mod_version_16_now_available/

[i]"Strife Overhaul Mod | Version 1.6 Now Available!"
[/i]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-KlhRj_bk&amp;feature=youtu.be