It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On top of the pyramid of evil.

The Mummy Demastered is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it 10% off until January 17, 2PM UTC.
Inspired by the 16-bit classics of yore, this shoot-em-up puts you in the shoes of an elite agent looking to put an end to Ahmanet's reign of evil. Use powerful artifacts and upgraded weapons to exterminate her army of monsters, explore ancient tombs and brave haunted forests.
The game! Not the cartoon!
Although the cartoon rocks, too.
looks sweet.
now bring Half Genie Hero pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!!
What? No "roguelike" or "roguelite" or "permadeath" or "random levels"? A real full, crafted game that calls itself a metroidvania? I guess I'll check it out.
Well, this is okay, but it's the missing Shantae game that I'm waiting for.

This is one of those I throw on my wish list and pick up eventually in a sale, Shantae Half-Genie Hero would be in my cart right now, even with the sale going on and having better deals available.

Hopefully WayForward gets it worked out, from when I spoke with them it sounds like they want to bring it to GOG, but I suspect it's a Nicalis (I curse their name every time I see it on both PC and console) issue.
low rated
Piiiiixeeels, nothing but piiiiixeeeels do I seeeee!

Seriously, this much money for a 16-bit looking game based on a very bad movie? So many games GOG refuses to release, and yet the one based on that crap gets here? Hardly seems fair.

Also, 8GB Ram recommended to run something that looks like it's from 1987? Am I missing something?
deleted
I don't quite understand why something that looks like an old-school metroid or castlevania game is so expensive or has such high system requirements.

Why would I pay $20+ for this when I can just replay the classic metroidvania games I already own for free, exactly?
Breja: Piiiiixeeels, nothing but piiiiixeeeels do I seeeee!

Seriously, this much money for a 16-bit looking game based on a very bad movie? So many games GOG refuses to release, and yet the one based on that crap gets here? Hardly seems fair.

Also, 8GB Ram recommended to run something that looks like it's from 1987? Am I missing something?
I actually came across this game only a few days ago and was looking into it. Graphics are ok, and it gets a fair amount of praise for its gameplay. It is apparently quite short though, clocking in around 4-5 hours. So at the price point I would agree, maybe when its on sale sometime in the future.

Heck, the windows login screen needs 8gb nowadays, that shouldn't be a suprise.
nightcraw1er.488: Heck, the windows login screen needs 8gb nowadays, that shouldn't be a suprise.
Still, that's as much as for Divinity Original Sin II, for example. I think you'll agree there's something of a difference in the graphics department between the two games :P
high rated
Just yesterday someone was complaining about modern games looking too shiny, and now we have people complaining about modern games that try to look old... looking too old.
Certainly looks more enjoyable than the movie was.
pmcollectorboy: Just yesterday someone was complaining about modern games looking too shiny, and now we have people complaining about modern games that try to look old... looking too old.
Newsflash: different people like different things. In other breaking news, people actually die of old age instead of living forever, who knew?
low rated
deleted
Post edited January 10, 2018 by Fairfox
Fairfox: frenchie snark! is taht common? ive never been to france but i visited nearby Britain a bunch so i figure not taht far. then again i dont travel much nao.

edz: also! this gamie looks bettah thaaan Neo Turf Masters, which is Currently Saled up. lolz
Now now, Fairfox, be nice to the french...person.
Fairfox: frenchie snark! is taht common? ive never been to france but i visited nearby Britain a bunch so i figure not taht far. then again i dont travel much nao.

edz: also! this gamie looks bettah thaaan Neo Turf Masters, which is Currently Saled up. lolz
Are you suggesting Britain and France are the same? Am not going to give you the full history tour, but lets just say proximity != closeness.