It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your greatest "What If" scenario.

<span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, a global-scale game of tactics and world domination, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Save 50% on your global supremacy with the 4-day launch discount!

In a world where the Superman is a symbol of war, eugenics and genocide; a world in which with great power comes no accountability, and superpowers are far from beacons of light and justice personified - it's no surprise that the most powerful men and women alive have little business playing hero. You are only human after all, and you have everything you need to become the world order you envision.
SuperPower 2 is a game of global-scale tactics, politics and warfare. It's the ultimate "what if" simulator: What if the United States tried to annex the Americas? What if North Korea isn't bluffing? What if you got to run the show? Build up your nation from nothing to greatness, increase your economic and political influence through artful negotiation or sanctions if need be, and loom over your foes with the most glorious of nuclear armies.

Become a new world order in <span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last for four days, until Monday, August 17, 12:59 PM GMT.
low rated
PaterAlf: ...
Well in my eyes they pulled their games, because they couldn't agree with GOG on the price point. There was some nice PR speak, but in my understanding they wanted regional pricing for all their games...
this is where i see the suspicious contradiction, they couldn't agree back in 2014 (i'm pretty sure the word "impossible" was involved). but a half year later nordic agreed on the same conditions and lost the gothic ip during the same time!
Well I'm far from going full apehater, but I'm probably 20% apehater. I'm certainly not a big fan of shenanigans. But at only 20% apehater, I will (and do) buy and play games from the newer (to gog) Nordic catalog and this one looks right up my alley.

I'm sure I'll buy Titan Quest instantly as well. :)

EDIT: word repetition/clarity
Post edited August 13, 2015 by budejovice
apehater: this is where i see the suspicious contradiction, they couldn't agree back in 2014 (i'm pretty sure the word "impossible" was involved). but a half year later nordic agreed on the same conditions and lost the gothic ip during the same time!
So what? They saw that GOG wouldn't cave in and that it makes more sense to come back under the same conditions than not selling their games here at all. Why does it make them the bad guys?
low rated
ThomNG: ...(maybe you should have focused on the "blablabla" and don't you think that situations can change, that we found ways to deal with issues which just needed some time and that GOG and Nordic Games were interested in continuing the great partnership we had and not just stay with the few titles never got offline (Raven, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc.) - yeah there were some titles never offline, seen that?)...
its hard to believe, at least for me. besides all strong desire you pulled the games, it took nordic a half year to come back and nordic lost the gothic ip during that time!
ThomNG: nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes (could have thought about worse comparisons ;) ).
You've gotta be better than LJN! :P
Dammit Nordic games, so many great releases (the fantastic Kay remaster, Pax ED, Superpower 2... what's next?) and so little mony :)
Yesterday I played Painkiller Gold like a maniac and today there's Superpower 2, a game I dearly love? Damn you!
low rated
apehater: this is where i see the suspicious contradiction, they couldn't agree back in 2014 (i'm pretty sure the word "impossible" was involved). but a half year later nordic agreed on the same conditions and lost the gothic ip during the same time!
PaterAlf: So what? They saw that GOG wouldn't cave in and that it makes more sense to come back under the same conditions than not selling their games here at all. Why does it make them the bad guys?
thats possible too, but i find this idea unlikely.
apehater: its hard to believe, at least for me.
Come on, drop the evil conspiracy theory for such a small matter. : (
Instead, let's be "angry" about the still missing Titan Quest :P
Post edited August 13, 2015 by phaolo
low rated
apehater: its hard to believe, at least for me.
phaolo: Come on, drop the evil conspiracy theory for such a small matter. : (
Instead, let's be "angry" about the still missing Titan Quest :P
btw, i wasn't the only one who voiced these concerns already at their removal announcement back in 2014.
high rated
apehater: its hard to believe, at least for me. besides all strong desire you pulled the games, it took nordic a half year to come back and nordic lost the gothic ip during that time!
My theory, which I have no way of proving or disproving is the following:
Nordic had contracts with multiple partners. Some of those partners sold in multiple currencies, and some required regional pricing.
Said contracts had a clause that if you sell in currency X, you cannot undercut by more than a few percent.
Since GOG was only selling in $USD, the above clause only meant that the $USD price shouldn't be too different.
Once GOG introduced payments in local currency, that meant that the clause about undercutting would be brought into play. So Nordic couldn't keep selling the games.
Games were removed.
Nordic could still sell their games in temporary offers, like humble bundle or the GOG sales Nordic had, while trying to see how they'll fix the contract issues.
6 months is enough time to renegotiate said contracts, whether with GOG or the other sellers, thus either no longer having trouble with the undercut clause, or making it profitable for Nordic to pay the price for undercutting, if it meant selling the games on GOG again.

As I said, no way of proving my theory. It does fit with what Nordic and GOG had said back in 2014 with the removal, and it would explain the facts so far.
low rated
budejovice: Well I'm far from going full apehater, but I'm probably 20% apehater.
uhhh ... you shouldn't mention this. you'll get now 20% of the downvoting that i recieve.
budejovice: Well I'm far from going full apehater, but I'm probably 20% apehater.
apehater: uhhh ... you shouldn't mention this. you'll get now 20% of the downvoting that i recieve.
My downvoting is bound to start sometime or another! ;)

A nice theory by JMich, thanks. I imagine you're not terribly far off. My basic opinion of the issue is as follows:

a bunch of corporate bullshit --> the customer loses yet again

At least now it's a wash. At least now I get to play games.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by budejovice
apehater: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes.
ThomNG: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014 (true!), just to force their sales (not true, it was not a decision sales wise and it has not boosted sales at all, why should it?). they came back more than once temporary (true!) to get even more (more to do some high discounted sales with GOG and to show that there is still something going on behind the scenes and we have not left GOG completely) and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently (the Gothic franchise had nothing to do with our comeback or with putting the games offline - as you may know we are doing Elex now with PB, so our relationship with the devs of Gothic is a really good one). strange or (not really)? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember (maybe you should have focused on the "blablabla" and don't you think that situations can change, that we found ways to deal with issues which just needed some time and that GOG and Nordic Games were interested in continuing the great partnership we had and not just stay with the few titles never got offline (Raven, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc.) - yeah there were some titles never offline, seen that?)? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more (because those "greedy assholes" like working with GOG, offer their fantastic games to the great GOG community and getting more DRM free versions out to the users here - for money? sure, you can blame us for doing business, I am fine with that)? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes (could have thought about worse comparisons ;) ).
A fair and even handed response to legitimate criticisms/concerns. Thanks for the clarification Nordic Games.
low rated
JMich: ...
thaks, this is possible. but i'd stay with my version.

JMich: Said contracts had a clause that if you sell in currency X, you cannot undercut by more than a few percent.
why did they remove silver then. it can't be mentioned in said contracts, as it is offered only on gog or?
apehater: why did they remove silver then. it can't be mentioned in said contracts, as it is offered only on gog or?
No idea, since I don't know what the contracts stated. It could be that the contract was for the whole catalog, so they couldn't let one game stay while removing the rest.
I am personally glad Nordic is back. Silver, Pax Imperia, Black Mirror, Red Faction, Dark Fall and other games belong here on GOG.