It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your greatest "What If" scenario.

<span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, a global-scale game of tactics and world domination, is available now on Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Save 50% on your global supremacy with the 4-day launch discount!

In a world where the Superman is a symbol of war, eugenics and genocide; a world in which with great power comes no accountability, and superpowers are far from beacons of light and justice personified - it's no surprise that the most powerful men and women alive have little business playing hero. You are only human after all, and you have everything you need to become the world order you envision.
SuperPower 2 is a game of global-scale tactics, politics and warfare. It's the ultimate "what if" simulator: What if the United States tried to annex the Americas? What if North Korea isn't bluffing? What if you got to run the show? Build up your nation from nothing to greatness, increase your economic and political influence through artful negotiation or sanctions if need be, and loom over your foes with the most glorious of nuclear armies.

Become a new world order in <span class="bold">SuperPower 2</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last for four days, until Monday, August 17, 12:59 PM GMT.
I find the title highly misleading. This doesn't seem to have any real superpowers whatsoever.

Will reconsider a purchase if they patch in a flying Abraham Lincoln with laser eyes.
apehater: nordic you still suck like hell!

don't buy any game from nordic! they're greedy bastards!
Geez, someone forgot to take their medication again.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by CharlesGrey
low rated
CharlesGrey: I find the title highly misleading. This doesn't seem to have any real superpowers whatsoever.

Will reconsider a purchase if they patch in a flying Abraham Lincoln with laser eyes.

CharlesGrey: Geez, someone forgot to take their medication again.
i'm always overmedicated :)
Treasure: P.S. @ both of you, I guess I was just a little pessimist as there seem to be more people positively interested in Cyprus than I thought... thanks goodness I guess!
As a kid I was so "into Cyprus" that I wrote an essay on how my life -as an adult- would be, riding bikes on the way home from work, all that during the cypriot sunset. No joke. I was into mediterranean culture at the time :P
Would love to visit, but that's gotta be costly :)
Looks very interesting, but I have to admit that I've never hard of this game. Can anybody tell me how complicated it is? Is there a good learning curve and are there any tutorials? Or do you have to figure out a lot of stuff yourself (or by reading the manual)?

You write stuff like that every time Nordic releases something here on GOG. So I have to ask: What is your exact problem with them?
Post edited August 13, 2015 by PaterAlf
Why do you hate Nordic so much?
Thanks Nordic for another interesting release might pick this up as i do have the feel to rule the world (evil laugh)
ThomNG: Enjoy our next GOG release: Rule the world in Superpower 2 :)
Thanks Thom! Looking forward to more!
JMich: I fear me and Wizardry are to blame for the tail at the end of forum threads, since there have been cases when we intercepted the blues before they could post. So a random string was added at the end of the forum threads to make them harder to guess.
As much as you would like to claim responsibility, no, your prodding wasn't the one that forced them to add that random string at the end; the early leak of the LucasArts releases did.
low rated

PaterAlf: You write stuff like that every time Nordic releases something here on GOG. So I have to ask: What is your exact problem with them?
i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes.
phaolo: Just ask about everything! :P
No, not everything; it's overrated. I'd rather have something or nothing.
apehater: i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember?
The contracts they had in place at that time didn't allow them to continue selling their games on GOG, so they removed their games while they were renegotiating. Since those games were in demand, they did some temporary offers back here, since it seems there was a loophole in their other contracts that allowed them to do so for temporary offers. Once negotiations were finalized, they returned permanently.
low rated
apehater: i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember?
JMich: The contracts they had in place at that time didn't allow them to continue selling their games on GOG, so they removed their games while they were renegotiating. Since those games were in demand, they did some temporary offers back here, since it seems there was a loophole in their other contracts that allowed them to do so for temporary offers. Once negotiations were finalized, they returned permanently.
i don't believe this fairy tail, i would be easier to believe if they wouldn't lose the ip for gothic at that time. this suckers are lying. besides that, its not the first time that one group of humans was lying to another, so its a possible event. the rest is up to you, will you believe this crap or not.
high rated
apehater: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes.
Well in my eyes they pulled their games, because they couldn't agree with GOG on the price point. There was some nice PR speak, but in my understanding they wanted regional pricing for all their games. But instead of abandoning GOG completely they stayed in touch and came back for sales twice with huge discounts (80%). I wouldn't call that greedy, but a good move to show that both sides were still willing to do business with each other and that they are trying to find a solution. In the end they came back without regional pricing (except for their old games) which is great and I can't really understand why you have so strong negative feelings about that. I would spare my anger for the companies that never were willing to bring their games here or that changed their whole catalogue to regional pricing (e.g. Devolver Digital or Daedalic Entertainment).
Post edited August 13, 2015 by PaterAlf
apehater: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore
Didn't they do a super promo before leaving?
Did they really earn that much with it?
Maybe it wasn't simply possible\worth to sell their games here and now they changed idea.
I don't see such big evil plans O_o
high rated
apehater: i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014, just to force their sales. they came back more than once temporary to get even more and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently. strange or? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes.
i accuse nordic, that they pulled their games back in 2014 (true!), just to force their sales (not true, it was not a decision sales wise and it has not boosted sales at all, why should it?). they came back more than once temporary (true!) to get even more (more to do some high discounted sales with GOG and to show that there is still something going on behind the scenes and we have not left GOG completely) and after they lost the ip for gothic they came back permanently (the Gothic franchise had nothing to do with our comeback or with putting the games offline - as you may know we are doing Elex now with PB, so our relationship with the devs of Gothic is a really good one). strange or (not really)? although nordic stated here back in 2014 that they couldn't sell their games here on gog anymore, i remember something like "impossible for us to offer the games on gog, because of blablabla". do you remember (maybe you should have focused on the "blablabla" and don't you think that situations can change, that we found ways to deal with issues which just needed some time and that GOG and Nordic Games were interested in continuing the great partnership we had and not just stay with the few titles never got offline (Raven, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc.) - yeah there were some titles never offline, seen that?)? so why do these greedy assholes came back, offer their games here again and release more (because those "greedy assholes" like working with GOG, offer their fantastic games to the great GOG community and getting more DRM free versions out to the users here - for money? sure, you can blame us for doing business, I am fine with that)? nordic is not better then gearbox and ea in my eyes (could have thought about worse comparisons ;) ).