It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spirit of the Island is a beautiful life sim, sandbox RPG with online co-op, set on a tropical Archipelago. You can build your farm, grow crops and animals, craft various items, cook exquisite dishes, gather resources, build shops and museums to attract visitors, and turn a desolate Island into a prosperous tourist destination!

Now, its Adventureland DLC is available on GOG! It adds a brand new way to entertain your visitors. With 8 new buildings — attractions for your park — you can create a whole entertainment resort with fancy hotels, beaches, shops, and amusements!

The best part is, if you already own the base game, you can grab the DLC with a -85% discount!

Maintain your attractions, decorate your park, attract new tourists, and create a resort that will make even the most picky visitors drop their jaws in excitement!

Check it out!
Nice discount for the owners of the original game. Grabbed it right away.
I am a little confused here. The DLC actually costs more than the full game, unless you own the full game and get the 85% discount, but how (and especially, why) would you buy the dlc without owning the full game anyway? Is this just a fake discount on a fake price, or am I missing something here?

Not that it really matters to me since it isn't my kind of game. It just seems fishy.
MasterofFiction: It just seems fishy.
You can say that again. From the store page description it doesn't sound like it adds all that much, and then to set the normal price higher than the actual base game? Something sure feels off here as if they ridiculously inflated the price so they can offer a high discount or something. I call shenanigans.
Post edited October 13, 2023 by P-E-S
At first it looked like standalone expansion, since the title card doesn't mention requirements or linking back to the base game. The base game doesn't link to it as a DLC either.

It shows in the library as a separate title entirely.

There are definitely shenanigans. Is this just a retitled "base game + beach" bundle or something? Clarification required.

EDIT: The vile place only shows it as a DLC and has it priced as such.
Post edited October 16, 2023 by mqstout
Did anyone get any replies from anywhere about why this appears to be published as a standalone title instead of as a DLC, what's up with the weird pricing, and how/if it interacts with Beach Resort DLC from the original base game?

I had asked a GOGblue if they could look into or comment on it and got no reply (as usual).
Post edited November 15, 2023 by mqstout
mqstout: Did anyone get any replies from anywhere about why this appears to be published as a standalone title instead of as a DLC, what's up with the weird pricing, and how/if it interacts with Beach Resort DLC from the original base game?

I had asked a GOGblue if they could look into or comment on it and got no reply (as usual).
I also asked and received the following answer from MetaPub:

Hi Moki, If you own the main game, i.e., Spirit of the Island, then your price will be just $2.99 (normal). If you don't own the main game, then your price will be main game + DLC.
Post edited November 15, 2023 by Mori_Yuki
mqstout: Did anyone get any replies from anywhere about why this appears to be published as a standalone title instead of as a DLC, what's up with the weird pricing, and how/if it interacts with Beach Resort DLC from the original base game?

Mori_Yuki: I also asked and received the following answer from MetaPub:

Hi Moki, If you own the main game, i.e., Spirit of the Island, then your price will be just $2.99 (normal). If you don't own the main game, then your price will be main game + DLC.
Thanks for that. But still not a hard answer on the mingling of the different DLCs.