It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting experience to fans and newcomers alike. SpellForce 3 Reforced is now available on GOG.COM along with a 75% discount that will last until 8th December 2021, 6 PM UTC.

From this moment SpellForce 3 Reforced replaces the previous version of the game in our catalog. Moreover, the release comes also with a set of discounts on Spellforce titles that will also end on the 8th December 2021, at 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
WinterSnowfall: No offline installers even now, days later... gotta say, in terms of botchlings, this is the mother of them all. I'm sure even Geralt would agree :P.
You know more about GOG systems than anyone else, at least among regular users, where do you think the problem might be? Why is it so difficult to make simple files available for download?

Advanced89: Wait a minute, does SP3 Reforced has achievements even though the store page says otherwise?
The game page in gog galaxy shows some in the progression section. What a pleasant surprise.
Yes, I wrote that a few comments ago. We need to see if they're actually operational, because so far it doesn't look like people have started unlocking them, but that could be due to the launch issues.
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Alexim
Just wanted to chime in to say that links for offline installer popped in my Spellforce 3 : Reforced panel.
Haven't yet downloaded them nor tested if it fixes the thing with expansions, but just letting people know.
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Akka
low rated
rjbuffchix: Between the previous long-standing issue of not recognizing the expansions, and this botched release (offline installer still unavailable, page is "blank"), it doesn't exactly give off the sense we are valued customers of THQ Nordic. For goodness sake, Titan Quest DLC released the other day with issues too! (users reporting it not recognizing bought DLC, Epic online data harvesting services, etc).

I know you THQN folks have brought various great titles here over the years. and I do appreciate that, but I'm wondering at this point in time if you're that different than other publishers who I feel don't care about GOG users much (e.g. tinybuild).
Ueber: Fully agree, except the Epic Online issue, this seems to be the case ain the Steam version of Titani Quest as well.
Good clarification. I meant in terms of being an unsatisfactory release, but that did kind of incorrectly get conflated into the general claim about GOG users seeming to be treated as less-than.
Akka: Just wanted to chime in to say that links for offline installer popped in my Spellforce 3 : Reforced panel.
Haven't yet downloaded them nor tested if it fixes the thing with expansions, but just letting people know.
Thank you for the update!
Post edited December 08, 2021 by rjbuffchix
Achievements are functional in Reforced, but expansion detection is not working.

It never detects installation of either Soul Harvest or Fallen God. It also doesn't detect ownership of Fallen God period, so you can't use Trolls in Reforged skirmish matches even if you do own it.
How is this compared to 1 and 2?
Mori_Yuki: The website library for this game is still empty. When will it be fixed and the files become available for non-Galaxy users?

In case ThomNG reads: Will you also add back the original Spellforce III files? This is what I originally bought and should still have access to!
Arundir: The original Spellforce 3, now named Spellforce 3 Legacy, and Soul Harvest are still available as separate tabs in my library.
Thanks for the information! I am really glad that this wasn't another Guild of Dungeoneering situation...
MikeMaximus: Achievements are functional in Reforced, but expansion detection is not working.

It never detects installation of either Soul Harvest or Fallen God. It also doesn't detect ownership of Fallen God period, so you can't use Trolls in Reforged skirmish matches even if you do own it.
Thanks for the info! Can you perhaps clarify something for me? You said you can't use the Trolls faction (Fallen God) in skirmish, but you didn't mention the Dwarves and Dark Elves (Soul Harvest). Are those available in skirmish/multiplayer if you own Soul Harvest?
I can confirm that the new offline installers work and the game insall and runs correctly.
It still can't detect the expansions though, be they installed before or after it.

Niggles: How is this compared to 1 and 2?
MUCH, MUCH better.
Production values are a lot higher and the game is overall much less clunky. But more than anything, the script and writing, which were between "amateurish" and "bad" in Spellforce 1 & 2 (and were among the biggest flaws) have actually become good enough to be instead among the main strength of the game.
Exsurgent: Thanks for the info! Can you perhaps clarify something for me? You said you can't use the Trolls faction (Fallen God) in skirmish, but you didn't mention the Dwarves and Dark Elves (Soul Harvest). Are those available in skirmish/multiplayer if you own Soul Harvest?
Dwarves and Dark Elves are available in Skirmish, as it seems to detect Soul Harvest ownership (or it's just hard coded to give it to everyone with Reforced).
I got someone on the steam forums to acknowledge the DLC problem for GOG is being looked into:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311290/discussions/0/3191360100924419765/
There is an option to import the folder for the DLCs, I chose Reforced folder, so now I'm waiting for the downloading to be finished and to see if the game will recognize it. I don't know if the option is there if the DLCs are already installed.
Rupuzioks: There is an option to import the folder for the DLCs, I chose Reforced folder, so now I'm waiting for the downloading to be finished and to see if the game will recognize it. I don't know if the option is there if the DLCs are already installed.
Can you update us too? Its the last hour of the discount If the answer is yes I can buy the latest expansion..
Alexim: You know more about GOG systems than anyone else, at least among regular users, where do you think the problem might be? Why is it so difficult to make simple files available for download?
Funny you should say that, because I sometimes get the feeling I am more aware of some things than the GOGBears are themselves :P. In this particular case, however, I am at a loss as to what could have caused a mishap so grand...
Rupuzioks: There is an option to import the folder for the DLCs, I chose Reforced folder, so now I'm waiting for the downloading to be finished and to see if the game will recognize it. I don't know if the option is there if the DLCs are already installed.
OguzhanAlb: Can you update us too? Its the last hour of the discount If the answer is yes I can buy the latest expansion..
Sure, 5GB left to download for the Soul Harvest, my internet speed is decent, it should be done under an hour. Unless someone else have it installed already and want to check if the import option is there.
OguzhanAlb: Can you update us too? Its the last hour of the discount If the answer is yes I can buy the latest expansion..
Rupuzioks: Sure, 5GB left to download for the Soul Harvest, my internet speed is decent, it should be done under an hour. Unless someone else have it installed already and want to check if the import option is there.
I just redownloaded the game but It still wants steam from me? I start downloading offline installer. Any suggestions?