It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting experience to fans and newcomers alike. SpellForce 3 Reforced is now available on GOG.COM along with a 75% discount that will last until 8th December 2021, 6 PM UTC.

From this moment SpellForce 3 Reforced replaces the previous version of the game in our catalog. Moreover, the release comes also with a set of discounts on Spellforce titles that will also end on the 8th December 2021, at 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Midoryu: I installed Soul Harvest - it is still not detected by the Reforced version, see attachments.
Additionally, I just noticed my screenshots are all only black now, had to redo them in-game again with Windows, not RivaTuner. So many issues here for the moment...

Ueber: Thank you for testing and for clarification.
Guess I won't buy them this time either.
I honestly don't know why this bug is ignored since 2 years and 2 DLC in between.
I agree. With this new release I was all set to buy up this entire series and get stuck into a franchise that until now seemed to fly below my radar.

Seeing how its been abused here by the devs with unfixed bugs and missing updates AND a borked release, looks like I will stay my hand and wait and see.

They just seem to be chucking us a half-arsed attempt to grab some extra cash with low effort rehash and hoping we will buy anything drm-free even if its sub-par to other stores.

Thanks heaps to the good folk here in the forum for bringing up the issues, answering the questions that the devs sidestep, and trying to sort this mess out.

WERNSTROM ... err, I mean WERNTHOM!!!! <shakes fist>
ThomNG: Yeah, please give GOG another hour or two. Still working on the build with our dev team, some unfortunate delays were happening but should be solved soon. Like on other platforms, people who own SpellForce 3 will get the SpellForce 3 Reforced Update for free (there will be a SpellForce 3 Legacy (for your old savegames) and a SpellForce 3 Reforced version in all past and future purchases :) ). We have also decreased the base prices for SpellForce 3 (Reforced), SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest and SpellForce 3 Fallen God. Great chance to buy the full franchise now with the sale being active in addition.
soo.... much more than another hour or two have passed! I bought the game more than 24 hours ago and 'Spellforce 3 reforced' still shows up as a blank page in my account library - with nothing at all to download (I want the offline installers, never use galaxy)... gog.com support just offered me a refund for the game but actually I would prefer to get the game instead of my money back...

Any news from your side how long it will take you and gog to solve this mess? Thanks!
MischiefMaker: So the final word is the GOG version of the reforced base game doesn't detect the DLCs?

They all have to run through seperate .exe files?
there is only separate exe for legacy in there (strange, as there is separate download for sf3 legacy (original one)
as for DLC, I bought sf and soul harvest just yesterday, I see soul harvest as unavailable in campaigns as 'not installed' while fallen gods is 'buy now' with link to gog store page.
a bit hopeful, but can't promise anything

what is worrying, I saw 'not installed' right after logging in reforced last night with new account, after getting to login screen in soul harvest, but before logging in there with nordic account, so it either reads state elsewhere or.. just shows same for everyone.

uninstalling and installing them in a different order (reforced -> soul harvest) changes nothing, so it smells like a refund, to be able to play them together
Post edited December 08, 2021 by hsdreamer
The website library for this game is still empty. When will it be fixed and the files become available for non-Galaxy users?

In case ThomNG reads: Will you also add back the original Spellforce III files? This is what I originally bought and should still have access to!
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Mori_Yuki: The website library for this game is still empty. When will it be fixed and the files become available for non-Galaxy users?

In case ThomNG reads: Will you also add back the original Spellforce III files? This is what I originally bought and should still have access to!
The original files are available as a different entry in your library called "Spellforce III Legacy".
Post edited December 08, 2021 by DodoGeo
The galaxy library for this release is also still empty, the extras tab is missing, so those who only use galaxy as a downloader/updater, like me, are still waiting for the "real release".
Mori_Yuki: The website library for this game is still empty. When will it be fixed and the files become available for non-Galaxy users?

The original Spellforce 3, now named Spellforce 3 Legacy, and Soul Harvest are still available as separate tabs in my library.
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Arundir
low rated
Between the previous long-standing issue of not recognizing the expansions, and this botched release (offline installer still unavailable, page is "blank"), it doesn't exactly give off the sense we are valued customers of THQ Nordic. For goodness sake, Titan Quest DLC released the other day with issues too! (users reporting it not recognizing bought DLC, Epic online data harvesting services, etc).

I know you THQN folks have brought various great titles here over the years. and I do appreciate that, but I'm wondering at this point in time if you're that different than other publishers who I feel don't care about GOG users much (e.g. tinybuild).
rjbuffchix: Between the previous long-standing issue of not recognizing the expansions, and this botched release (offline installer still unavailable, page is "blank"), it doesn't exactly give off the sense we are valued customers of THQ Nordic. For goodness sake, Titan Quest DLC released the other day with issues too! (users reporting it not recognizing bought DLC, Epic online data harvesting services, etc).

I know you THQN folks have brought various great titles here over the years. and I do appreciate that, but I'm wondering at this point in time if you're that different than other publishers who I feel don't care about GOG users much (e.g. tinybuild).
Fully agree, except the Epic Online issue, this seems to be the case ain the Steam version of Titan Quest as well.

Edit: Spelling
Post edited December 08, 2021 by Ueber
GOG.com: Enjoy a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting experience to fans and newcomers alike. SpellForce 3 Reforced is now available on GOG.COM along with a 75% discount that will last until 8th December 2021, 6 PM UTC.

From this moment SpellForce 3 Reforced replaces the previous version of the game in our catalog. Moreover, the release comes also with a set of discounts on Spellforce titles that will also end on the 8th December 2021, at 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the &ldquo;Privacy &amp; settings&rdquo; section of your GOG account to join now!
finally! thx
low rated
Well, that's a first for me. I just requested a refund for Fallen Gods, that i bought 30 days ago in anticipation of the reforged release. Let's see what comes from this.
I should have known better. I should not have broken my self imposed boycott. But i did, and GoG botched it. Again.
This might not even be originally GoG's fault, but as you say in German: "Mitgefangen, mitgehangen" (Roughly: "Caught along, hung along")
And i'm sure that GoG is not completly blameless.

There is now only one thing that might make be buy a game on GoG again: Open a proper, verified Adults Only section for Germany.
as reinstall didnt help with merging expansions in single game - refunded and got it on steam, it not just expansion got displayed in main game campaigns after downloading it, it also supports full standalone installation if there is no main game and tiny 2gb download when it is. also, steam has a better offer right now with the whole bundle having 75% off, and gog does that just for original and soul harvest, why?

i will still prefer gog for games that have no difference compared to steam/epic, so refunded to the wallet, but this is not a case right now, and I hope thq get their experience fixed across stores.
We are not angry to GOG we are angry to THQ. They should just make an ultimate edition and we were all be happy. After 3 years of waiting. I think they should at least let us play with all races in skirmish games like in versus edition for customer satisfaction...
Wait a minute, does SP3 Reforced has achievements even though the store page says otherwise?
The game page in gog galaxy shows some in the progression section. What a pleasant surprise.
No offline installers even now, days later... gotta say, in terms of botchlings, this is the mother of them all. I'm sure even Geralt would agree :P.

OguzhanAlb: They should just make an ultimate edition and we were all be happy.
Never really understood why the SpellForce series was always fragmented by "standalone addons". Just make regular addons for Pete's sake, like everyone else, if you *have* to keep things episodic.