It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You can check out anytime you like...

<span class="bold">SKYHILL</span>, a hellish hotel with horrors standing between you and the necessary supplies in every room, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 25% launch discount.

Thought your penthouse suite on the 100th floor was above the terrible World War III aftermath? Think again. Post-apocalyptic room service is notoriously lousy, so now you must begin your painful descent, scavenge every hotel room for food and supplies, try to cobble together your own makeshift weapons, and use them to break out of this SKY-HELL. You never thought the other guests worthy of your attention before but avoiding to mingle is no longer an option. See, they've all been turned into bloodthirsty mutants who want to hug your insides, and every turn-based confrontation with them is a challenge of your skills, gear, and tactical thinking. It could also very well mean your end. But keep leveling up as you climb down the hotel floors and you might just make it out in one piece. Eventually.

Explore every nook and cranny, die a lot, then come back to face the randomly-generated rooms of <span class="bold">SKYHILL</span> hotel all over again, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until August 3, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PljJpmj6MWQ
Post edited July 27, 2016 by maladr0Id
Nice to see a new Linux game, keep 'em coming!

E: gamecard says it doesn't support linux?

SKYHILL, a hellish hotel with horrors standing between you and the necessary supplies in every room, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 25% launch discount.
Attachments:
skyhill.png (28 Kb)
Post edited July 27, 2016 by user deleted
It says only Windows an MacOS ... I don't see Linux. Or what do you mean?
Well, it is available for Linux on Steam, so I'm guessing last-minute problems with the Linux build...
this a prequel to skyfall ?
So High-Rise meets Silent Hill meets, erm, Elevator Action? It could be fun, though the levels in the video look somewhat repetitive. Is it really just a vertical slog with a central stairwell and a room to each side for 100 floors? Or does it vary things up as it progresses?
4 GB RAM minimum, 6 GB RAM recommended?

For a not particularly detailed 2D game?

Surely good sirs you jest.... or don't you?
I like the idea of a Silent Hill-inspired game in 2D (was toying with the idea myself, and still am to an extent); I really like the idea of monsters built around one or more character's psyche issues, but it doesn't seem to be that way in this game. Unsure about the RPG elements too; it seems like it'd take away from the atmosphere.
Post edited July 27, 2016 by tfishell
Vainamoinen: 4 GB RAM minimum, 6 GB RAM recommended?

For a not particularly detailed 2D game?

Surely good sirs you jest.... or don't you?
Indies provide the specs if not GOG does. They provide the specs of their systems instead of testing the actual minimum that would function.
snowkatt: this a prequel to skyfall ?
Nah, its parallel to Skyrim.
IAmSinistar: So High-Rise meets Silent Hill meets, erm, Elevator Action? It could be fun, though the levels in the video look somewhat repetitive. Is it really just a vertical slog with a central stairwell and a room to each side for 100 floors? Or does it vary things up as it progresses?
That's my question as well. The blurb says its randomly generated but if there are only two rooms and a stairwell to each floor, its not going to be fresh after dying a few times. I understand the items in the rooms will change and the monsters. Will there be more rooms per floor as you go down or is it just going to get harder? Anyone know?
high rated
Hi all! My name is Eugene. I am developer from Mandragora and programmer/designer on SKYHILL.
Regarding Linux version: Looks like Linux version is not available now. It will be very soon. Depends on Daedalic Entartainment (our publisher) and GOG. I think they will solve this problem with our future update, which will be this or next week I hope.

About design: This is survival game with randomly generated content and permanent death. Each time you die this hotel is regenerating and looks little bit different. Yes, each floor is like 2 rooms and a hall. You can find a lot of story based things like dialogs with PC in console mode, mobile phones with sms for you, some strange situations. All this things is a part of hard story which you'll understand if you get all 3 endings in the game.
There is no demo here, but if you have Steam account you can try free demo there.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help you :)
Wish listed!
tfishell: I like the idea of a Silent Hill-inspired game in 2D (was toying with the idea myself, and still am to an extent); I really like the idea of monsters built around one or more character's psyche issues, but it doesn't seem to be that way in this game. Unsure about the RPG elements too; it seems like it'd take away from the atmosphere.
Have you played Lone Survivor?
tfishell: I like the idea of a Silent Hill-inspired game in 2D (was toying with the idea myself, and still am to an extent); I really like the idea of monsters built around one or more character's psyche issues, but it doesn't seem to be that way in this game. Unsure about the RPG elements too; it seems like it'd take away from the atmosphere.
andysheets1975: Have you played Lone Survivor?
That shit was spooky! Were they real? Were you mad? Whos the man in the box?!