It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You’ve been waiting for this moment – Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask and free DLC Saint Kotar: Supporter Pack are returning to the GOG catalog!

That’s not all though; they’re accompanied by a release of a special Bundle, where you’ll find both Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask and Saint Kotar: The Crawling Man. For such an occasion, you can get all the titles for -15%! The offer lasts until February 16, 2 PM UTC.

Now on GOG!
GOG.com: Release: Saint Kotar re-release and a special bundle!
Back into the store, and back into the forum.
• $0.84 • -16% • Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask
• $3.04 • -15% • Saint Kotar: The Yellow Mask + The Crawling Man Bundle
• $3.39 • -15% • Saint Kotar: The Crawling Man
Or my eyes betrayed me or the Supporter Pack has changed from 7.99 € to FREE in a moment?
argamasa: Or my eyes betrayed me or the Supporter Pack has changed from 7.99 € to FREE in a moment?
I was just wondering why in the announcement they said it was free, now they have fixed it.
Wasn't "The Yellow Mask" --- which is described as a "prologue to the full game" (a standard euphemism for a demo) --- previously free? I, at least, got it for free back in 2020.
Post edited February 09, 2023 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Wasn't "The Yellow Mask" --- which is described as a "prologue to the full game" (a standard euphemism for a demo) --- previously free? I, at least, got it for free back in 2020.
It was given away for free in the "coming Soon" thread to the main game:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_saint_kotar_e877d
mrkgnao: Wasn't "The Yellow Mask" --- which is described as a "prologue to the full game" (a standard euphemism for a demo) --- previously free? I, at least, got it for free back in 2020.
BreOl72: It was given away for free in the "coming Soon" thread to the main game:
I checked GOGdb and ITAD.

As far as I can see, it was free from its addition in August 2020 to its removal in September 2021.

That makes it a pretty new concept --- a paid demo (as it doesn't seem to have changed significantly since 2021).
Post edited February 09, 2023 by mrkgnao
BreOl72: It was given away for free in the "coming Soon" thread to the main game:
mrkgnao: I checked GOGdb and ITAD.

As far as I can see, it was free from its addition in August 2020 to its removal in September or October 2021.
Apparently, it was in September: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_removed_from_the_gog_catalogue_by_year/post363
Post edited February 09, 2023 by BreOl72
mrkgnao: I checked GOGdb and ITAD.

As far as I can see, it was free from its addition in August 2020 to its removal in September or October 2021.
BreOl72: Apparently, it was in September: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_removed_from_the_gog_catalogue_by_year/post363
Thanks. Edited.
GOG.com: Now on GOG!
Thanks, but no thanks!
mrkgnao: As far as I can see, it was free from its addition in August 2020 to its removal in September 2021.

That makes it a pretty new concept --- a paid demo
I was very confused when I saw this, I thought I have misunderstood something.
Apparently I understood it exactly right, and that's how it is.

Talk about inflation, if even demos have to be paid for now!

It really doesn't help the confusion that something called "the supporter pack", which usually means a way to pay something extra to the developers, is free.

The game itself looks kind of nice though.
mrkgnao:
Wow, a paid demo, well, if there are ost and art books, this day sooner or later has to arrive.
mrkgnao: As far as I can see, it was free from its addition in August 2020 to its removal in September 2021.

That makes it a pretty new concept --- a paid demo
PixelBoy: I was very confused when I saw this, I thought I have misunderstood something.
Apparently I understood it exactly right, and that's how it is.

Talk about inflation, if even demos have to be paid for now!

It really doesn't help the confusion that something called "the supporter pack", which usually means a way to pay something extra to the developers, is free.

The game itself looks kind of nice though.
Its Not the first time in history this has happened
Way back when videogame magazines still existed in a physical form
there existed time limited shareware games/demos on floppy disks that followed with the magazine
The demo or shareware was only free for a little/limited time time and you had to transfer money and do some other stuff to unlock the full game

Eventually people found a way to hack or bypass this
Post edited February 10, 2023 by Lodium
Add my voice to the chorus of people confused that the demo now costs money.