It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rusty Lake series is now available DRM-free. Single games are 50% off and you can get additional 15% off when buying them together until July 12, 1 PM UTC.

The series consists of three unique adventure games. Escape the surreal settings inspired by David Lynch’s TV series Twin Peaks in Rusty Lake Hotel. Experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree in Rusty Lake: Roots or face the ten deadly plagues of Egypt in Rusty Lake Paradise.

Rusty Lake is a dreamlike place, where anything can happen…
The trailer... say no more, it's the [spoiler]********[/spoiler]. (found no spoiler tag)
Post edited July 05, 2019 by i_ni
Maybe a slight warning for the faint of heart: The Rusty Lake series belongs to a kind of games that aim at making you feel unsettling and uncomfortable. They are basically creepy "horror" games.
Oddeus: Maybe a slight warning for the faint of heart: The Rusty Lake series belongs to a kind of games that aim at making you feel unsettling and uncomfortable. They are basically creepy "horror" games.
Based on "Twin Peaks" kind of gave this away for me :)
Also that's the main reason I might be interested in the games since I am a big Lynch fan.
PromZA: Very sneaky GOG. The "additional" 15% off is only off the marked down price so it's only 7-8% off.
Yes, technically the additional 15% discount is correct. Nevertheless it's a cheap marketing trick to fool people.
Fairfox: not enuf pixels! wheres that dude gone...

cheap an' looks weird-ass
but i know id never play 'em
probably playing real games bought somewhere else.
likely play these rusty ones but on my tablet.
PromZA: Very sneaky GOG. The "additional" 15% off is only off the marked down price so it's only 7-8% off.
eiii: Yes, technically the additional 15% discount is correct. Nevertheless it's a cheap marketing trick to fool people.
Thanks PromZA for working that out. I've been sitting here scratching my head at why the total amount was wrong, and wondering if GOG had introduced regional discounts.

It never occurred to me that the additional discount would be added to only part of the full price. -_-

I suppose next we'll be getting "50% off - buy them all for another 50% off" sales for games. <sigh>
low rated
AlienMind: probably playing real games bought somewhere else.
heh
im not a graphics uuuh... 'snob' then but yah, it just dont appeal to me.

i like crab cakes
i like guacamole
i dont want guacamole on my crab cakes
many do!

relatable? maybe
related? not really

FAIRFOX STYLEEEEEEE
@GOGTeam much appreciation for getting us the series. When we'll get the last one too? I'm all dead about Paradox since it's the last chapter.
Dammit GOG, right after I bought them, cough cough, elsewhere.

edit: lol it's, like, a dollar
Post edited July 06, 2019 by Starmaker
Oddeus: Maybe a slight warning for the faint of heart: The Rusty Lake series belongs to a kind of games that aim at making you feel unsettling and uncomfortable. They are basically creepy "horror" games.
I always prefer my horror creepy and unsettling (like Salad Finger and David Firth's Health Reminder) where I can feel dread for lingering doom.
AlienMind: probably playing real games bought somewhere else.
Fairfox: heh

i like crab cakes
i like guacamole
many do!

relatable? maybe
related? not really

FAIRFOX STYLEEEEEEE
yes but do you like pizza with egg and fish and banana and pineapple (http://spassprediger.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/spassprediger.com_picdump_128_082.jpg) ?
Post edited July 06, 2019 by AlienMind
Fairfox: heh

i like crab cakes
i like guacamole
many do!

relatable? maybe
related? not really

FAIRFOX STYLEEEEEEE
AlienMind: yes but do you like pizza with egg and fish and banana and pineapple (http://spassprediger.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/spassprediger.com_picdump_128_082.jpg) ?
and im just about to have breakfast, damn you :P
eiii: Yes, technically the additional 15% discount is correct. Nevertheless it's a cheap marketing trick to fool people.
zlep: Thanks PromZA for working that out. I've been sitting here scratching my head at why the total amount was wrong, and wondering if GOG had introduced regional discounts.

It never occurred to me that the additional discount would be added to only part of the full price. -_-

I suppose next we'll be getting "50% off - buy them all for another 50% off" sales for games. <sigh>
Meh, it's not that bad. Discounts are never taken in total, they are always individual. If a store has an item on sale, 50% off and I have a discount code or coupon for 15% off, it would never be 15% off the original price, but off the sale price. The sale price is the new full price. Even when I worked for a retail company we had an employee discount of 10% and buying on the credit card would eventually get you (or anyone) an 10% off card. They are always done separately. $100 - 10% ($10) = $90..then $90 - 10% ($9) = $81. Never get 20% all at once. Especially these days and online. That's just not how computers work.

At most the release should say "...an additonal 15% off the sale price..." to be more specific. You get half off each item. If you happen to buy all three then it registers that fact and deducts the 15% from that new total.

That being said...<$4. I'll take a fly at that. From what I saw online it looks like it might be interesting.
Post edited July 07, 2019 by RickFalletta
Oddeus: You can play nine short episodes here. They are not part of the three GOG releases, but play all in the same universe.
EDIT 2: You can also download one of them here for free.
Thanks! Your comment encouraged me to check the links and I've just finished 1st chapter of Cube Escape: Paradox on Steam. I really liked it and I'm going to purchase the Rusty Lake series here. I recommend it to everyone who likes puzzle-based point&click adventures. The atmosphere strongly reminds me The Last Door series (consider it great advantage).

Once again - thanks, Oddeus. I'd probably miss these intriguing games without your advice!
So I finally made a purchase and bought all three games at once. Just played the first game and only the first night and I'm impressed with how it can approach surrealistic horror with simple drawings. This series probably going to be part of the hidden gem but I must say more people who love puzzle or point and click need to try this game.