It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rusty Lake series is now available DRM-free. Single games are 50% off and you can get additional 15% off when buying them together until July 12, 1 PM UTC.

The series consists of three unique adventure games. Escape the surreal settings inspired by David Lynch’s TV series Twin Peaks in Rusty Lake Hotel. Experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree in Rusty Lake: Roots or face the ten deadly plagues of Egypt in Rusty Lake Paradise.

Rusty Lake is a dreamlike place, where anything can happen…
zlep: Thanks PromZA for working that out. I've been sitting here scratching my head at why the total amount was wrong, and wondering if GOG had introduced regional discounts.

It never occurred to me that the additional discount would be added to only part of the full price. -_-

I suppose next we'll be getting "50% off - buy them all for another 50% off" sales for games. <sigh>
RickFalletta: Meh, it's not that bad. Discounts are never taken in total, they are always individual. If a store has an item on sale, 50% off and I have a discount code or coupon for 15% off, it would never be 15% off the original price, but off the sale price. The sale price is the new full price. Even when I worked for a retail company we had an employee discount of 10% and buying on the credit card would eventually get you (or anyone) an 10% off card. They are always done separately. $100 - 10% ($10) = $90..then $90 - 10% ($9) = $81. Never get 20% all at once. Especially these days and online. That's just not how computers work.

At most the release should say "...an additonal 15% off the sale price..." to be more specific. You get half off each item. If you happen to buy all three then it registers that fact and deducts the 15% from that new total.

That being said...<$4. I'll take a fly at that. From what I saw online it looks like it might be interesting.
The games are great value at 57% off, and I'm certainly not criticizing that. I only noticed the lower than expected percentage because they were an insta-buy for me at this price.

But all the examples you give are of independent discounts, so of course they're multiplicative. Everyone would expect them to be. By contrast, sales in the format "X% off plus an additional Y% off for doing something" are often additive if both discounts are part of the same "deal". For example, my electricity company words its 40% off plan as "30% off plus an extra 10% off for paying on time".

Having read a million or so GOG sales posts, I know that the usual wording is "buy them together for an additional Y% series discount", which doesn't generate comments about discount confusion (presumably since it's clear the discounts are independent, not additive). I know I've never attempted to add a series discount to a launch discount, but the way this sale was phrased caused me to do just that. Hopefully GOG will return to the previous, clearer wording for the future.
RickFalletta: At most the release should say "...an additonal 15% off the sale price..." to be more specific. You get half off each item. If you happen to buy all three then it registers that fact and deducts the 15% from that new total.
Unfortunately this is only true if you pay in USD.
If you pay in EUR the discount is applied AND THEN rounded up to 9 cents for every individual item.

e.g. it's 0.89 + 1.29 + 1.69 EUR
instead of 0.84 + 1.27 + 1.69 EUR
GOG.com: Rusty Lake series is now available DRM-free. Single games are 50% off and you can get additional 15% off when buying them together until July 12, 1 PM UTC.

The series consists of three unique adventure games. Escape the surreal settings inspired by David Lynch’s TV series Twin Peaks in Rusty Lake Hotel. Experience the beginning and end of characters' lives and build your own family tree in Rusty Lake: Roots or face the ten deadly plagues of Egypt in Rusty Lake Paradise.

Rusty Lake is a dreamlike place, where anything can happen…
Is it about 10th gen intel CPU's?
RickFalletta: At most the release should say "...an additonal 15% off the sale price..." to be more specific. You get half off each item. If you happen to buy all three then it registers that fact and deducts the 15% from that new total.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Unfortunately this is only true if you pay in USD.
If you pay in EUR the discount is applied AND THEN rounded up to 9 cents for every individual item.

e.g. it's 0.89 + 1.29 + 1.69 EUR
instead of 0.84 + 1.27 + 1.69 EUR
Which makes it merely a 13.7 % additional reduction instead of the claimed 15 %.
Grabbed these last night because 3,87€ sounded like a great deal for puzzle games with appealing descriptions. Not very far with the Hotel one yet but I can already tell I won't regret the purchase. A lot of fun.
Really good price to pass.
Hope I will have a good experience.
RickFalletta: Meh, it's not that bad. Discounts are never taken in total, they are always individual. If a store has an item on sale, 50% off and I have a discount code or coupon for 15% off, it would never be 15% off the original price, but off the sale price. The sale price is the new full price. Even when I worked for a retail company we had an employee discount of 10% and buying on the credit card would eventually get you (or anyone) an 10% off card. They are always done separately. $100 - 10% ($10) = $90..then $90 - 10% ($9) = $81. Never get 20% all at once. Especially these days and online. That's just not how computers work.

At most the release should say "...an additonal 15% off the sale price..." to be more specific. You get half off each item. If you happen to buy all three then it registers that fact and deducts the 15% from that new total.

That being said...<$4. I'll take a fly at that. From what I saw online it looks like it might be interesting.
zlep: The games are great value at 57% off, and I'm certainly not criticizing that. I only noticed the lower than expected percentage because they were an insta-buy for me at this price.

But all the examples you give are of independent discounts, so of course they're multiplicative. Everyone would expect them to be. By contrast, sales in the format "X% off plus an additional Y% off for doing something" are often additive if both discounts are part of the same "deal". For example, my electricity company words its 40% off plan as "30% off plus an extra 10% off for paying on time".

Having read a million or so GOG sales posts, I know that the usual wording is "buy them together for an additional Y% series discount", which doesn't generate comments about discount confusion (presumably since it's clear the discounts are independent, not additive). I know I've never attempted to add a series discount to a launch discount, but the way this sale was phrased caused me to do just that. Hopefully GOG will return to the previous, clearer wording for the future.
I think they are independent discounts. It helps if you bracket them like a math equation, which it is.

Either
(Full Price - sale discount %) - series discount % =
or
(Full Price - Series discount %) - Sale Discount % =

Inside the brackets first then that result is operated on by what is outside the brackets.

That being said...I just bought them. I'll see if I get a chance to try them this weekend.
RickFalletta: It helps if you bracket them like a math equation
Now write me the equation which conditionally rounds up individual items depending on currency :-)

RickFalletta: That being said...I just bought them. I'll see if I get a chance to try them this weekend.
It didn't stop me from buying them either but it's strange that when paying in EUR currency items are still rounded up to 0.09 AFTER applying the discount. It also makes their statement just plainly wrong.
It's not 15%.
RickFalletta: It helps if you bracket them like a math equation
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Now write me the equation which conditionally rounds up individual items depending on currency :-)

RickFalletta: That being said...I just bought them. I'll see if I get a chance to try them this weekend.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: It didn't stop me from buying them either but it's strange that when paying in EUR currency items are still rounded up to 0.09 AFTER applying the discount. It also makes their statement just plainly wrong.
It's not 15%.
I have no idea on the rounding thing. I've never heard of that. Take it up with the EU. Probably some weird@$$ regulation.
A little update: I found this site where you can download another six of the escape room games. But unfortunately they are all in "shockwave flash" format. Does somebody know how to install and play them, if possible at all?
Or is this format for webpage implementation only?
Oddeus: But unfortunately they are all in "shockwave flash" format. Does somebody know how to install and play them, if possible at all?
Right click on the swf file -> Open with ... -> Choose your favorite browser

I ask myself why in Roots German is available only if you grant the game access to the internet.
Oddeus: But unfortunately they are all in "shockwave flash" format. Does somebody know how to install and play them, if possible at all?
surfer1260: Right click on the swf file -> Open with ... -> Choose your favorite browser
Yay, thanks.
So... where's the White Door?

How about including the free games as bonus goodies? After all they're arguably needed to understand the context.

It would make sense to bundle the preceding free games with each commercial one, so the first 6 with Hotel.