It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A New Cyberpunk Adventure

<span class="bold">Read Only Memories</span> a neo cyberpunk point and click adventure, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

In the year 2064 fully-autonomous, sapient machine assistants are as commonplace as the smartphone presently pressed against your pocket. You're a journalist with something of a techophobic tendency, but that can't last long in a modern world - can it? Inspired by Hideo Kojima's Snatcher, Read Only Memories is a point and click adventure across anime pixel-art straight from the 80's, and a wonderful soundtrack that sets a memorable tone in the cyberpunk cityscapes of a Neo San Francisco. A dark side of technology lurks beneath dynamic storytelling, award-winning voice actors and a vibrant set of characters. Can you survive?

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition upgrade</span> for a fantastic, concept-art filled Artbook, as well as an MP3 + FLAC soundtrack.

<span class="bold">Read Only Memories</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, October 13, 9:59 AM GMT.
airnmusic: Another happy kickstarter backer will get a key for GOG... or I hope so =)
You will, the devs have asked us for keys and we'll get those to them ASAP :)
airnmusic: Another happy kickstarter backer will get a key for GOG... or I hope so =)
JudasIscariot: You will, the devs have asked us for keys and we'll get those to them ASAP :)
And that's just one of the reasons why GOG is my main game platform. Hurrah!
'techophobic' or should it be 'technophobic' ?
Just confirmed that the devs received the keys from us :)
JudasIscariot: Just confirmed that the devs received the keys from us :)
Thanks for the info Judas, I'll ask them about it ASAP!! =D
Good game but I think the "pursuer" section... Are the number of spaces they move per turn based on their certainty on where I am?

At least I reached an ending that wasn't my death.
So I heard on the grapevine that this game is basically SJW Propaganda: The Game. Literally every character is either gay or transgender, and characters ask you for "pronouns". Oh and the game is set in San Francisco.

confirm/deny?
Crosmando: So I heard on the grapevine that this game is basically SJW Propaganda: The Game. Literally every character is either gay or transgender, and characters ask you for "pronouns". Oh and the game is set in San Francisco.

confirm/deny?
Deny.

The only time you are asked for pronouns is during the scene where Turing, the ROM, performs a sort of account setup with your character a bit after the beginning of the game. Perhaps there may be one other character that asks you for your pronoun but other than that no one else bothers to ask you for your pronoun because they have other things to deal with.

The characters certainly don't go around shoehorning their orientation/pronouns/etc. for the sake of the game showing how "progressive" it is.

ROM is well-written and the characters that practice an alternative lifestyle are certainly not one-dimensional cardboard cutouts where the only thing that lets them stand out is the fact that they have an alternative lifestyle.
Uh, I am still at the beginning of the game so I cannot say much in story's department (perhaps too cheerful for my tastes, although it might get darker as I keep playing), just that I DO like the art style. It's simply beautiful. In that regard (and don't forget the soundtrack) would be a ten for my part. The gameplay is as I expected after playing games like Snatcher, Policenauts… As to the characters, they are quite weird at the moment but I still have to get to know them better.

Anyway, just in case there is a developer lurking and reading here (I could not find another way of contact): the game froze when I was in the park. After conversing with Lexi, I clicked on a pair of objects and then, it happened.

EDIT: So this time I could convince Lexi and everything went smoothly. Perhaps I just messed up or something in the previous try.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by DeunanL25
TravelingFetcher: Good game but I think the "pursuer" section... Are the number of spaces they move per turn based on their certainty on where I am?

Why would it suddenly be propaganda just b/c it features gay and transgender characters? That's like saying a show with a dominant minority cast is 'Diversity Propaganda'. It's just a bit of a ridiculous accusation IMHO.

That said, I need to cop this game sometime over the weekend; enjoyed the demo and the story seems well done from the little I got out of it..
DeunanL25: Uh, I am still at the beginning of the game so I cannot say much in story's department (perhaps too cheerful for my tastes, although it might get darker as I keep playing), just that I DO like the art style. It's simply beautiful. In that regard (and don't forget the soundtrack) would be a ten for my part. The gameplay is as I expected after playing games like Snatcher, Policenauts… As to the characters, they are quite weird at the moment but I still have to get to know them better.

Anyway, just in case there is a developer lurking and reading here (I could not find another way of contact): the game froze when I was in the park. After conversing with Lexi, I clicked on a pair of objects and then, it happened.

EDIT: So this time I could convince Lexi and everything went smoothly. Perhaps I just messed up or something in the previous try.
Oh it gets a bit less than cheerful later on. You're still on the first chapter I take it?
TravelingFetcher: Good game but I think the "pursuer" section... Are the number of spaces they move per turn based on their certainty on where I am?

fngzgmr: Why would it suddenly be propaganda just b/c it features gay and transgender characters? That's like saying a show with a dominant minority cast is 'Diversity Propaganda'. It's just a bit of a ridiculous accusation IMHO.

That said, I need to cop this game sometime over the weekend; enjoyed the demo and the story seems well done from the little I got out of it..
... Are you sure your replying to the right post? I was talking about one of the mini game puzzles and how the "opponent's" rules seem inconsistent.

It's really close to the end unless you went for the one ending you could opt for before then.