It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A New Cyberpunk Adventure

<span class="bold">Read Only Memories</span> a neo cyberpunk point and click adventure, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount.

In the year 2064 fully-autonomous, sapient machine assistants are as commonplace as the smartphone presently pressed against your pocket. You're a journalist with something of a techophobic tendency, but that can't last long in a modern world - can it? Inspired by Hideo Kojima's Snatcher, Read Only Memories is a point and click adventure across anime pixel-art straight from the 80's, and a wonderful soundtrack that sets a memorable tone in the cyberpunk cityscapes of a Neo San Francisco. A dark side of technology lurks beneath dynamic storytelling, award-winning voice actors and a vibrant set of characters. Can you survive?

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">Deluxe Edition upgrade</span> for a fantastic, concept-art filled Artbook, as well as an MP3 + FLAC soundtrack.

<span class="bold">Read Only Memories</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, October 13, 9:59 AM GMT.
This is so much more expensive here than for me on Steam. Steam is listing it for me as $8.76 USD, which is $13.49 in my local currency and gog is asking for $20.76 in my local currency equivalent.

Unless Gog has suddenly switched to New Zealand dollars I'm suddenly paying a lot more if I want this on Gog.
Post edited October 06, 2015 by JiminyJickers
JiminyJickers: This is so much more expensive here than for me on Steam. Steam is listing it for me as $8.76 USD, which is $13.49 in my local currency. Unless Gog has suddenly switched to New Zealand dollars I'm suddenly paying a lot more if I want this on Gog.
Must be some pricing scheme difference or glitch. Or maybe it's flat priced. For me it's $13.49 vs 13.49 euros on steam.
JiminyJickers: This is so much more expensive here than for me on Steam. Steam is listing it for me as $8.76 USD, which is $13.49 in my local currency. Unless Gog has suddenly switched to New Zealand dollars I'm suddenly paying a lot more if I want this on Gog.
blotunga: Must be some pricing scheme difference or glitch. Or maybe it's flat priced. For me it's $13.49 vs 13.49 euros on steam.
For me it is $13.49 NZD on Steam and $13.49 USD on Gog. So it looks like they are charging 13.49 credits everywhere.
no need to add this to my back log...I'll wait to see what "good old games" come out this week...
Looks nice and I'm certain I'll pick it later but for now too many oldies to pla.. err...collect :-D
mmmmm, looks like my type of stuff but I'm short on finances....

Definitely on high priority on my wishlist when I have some money :)
In my case, the base game costs the same, that is, $14.99 both on GOG and Steam (or $13.49 with the 10% discount). The only baffling thing is that Steam sells the artbook for $6.99 (or $5.94 with a 15% discount) and claims the soundtrack is not available. However, GOG sells both the artbook and the soundtrack for an additional $9.99 (or $8.99 with the 10% discount).
Yeah, nothing against this game in particular, but why play these fake "neo-retro" games, when you can play the real deal?
>Sees the japanese letters< >Laughs and shakes his head<

Also, what the fuck is "neo-sf"? I swear this is the first time I've ever heard that term, and I'm all about SF.
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Breja
Breja: Also, what the fuck is "neo-sf"? I swear this is the first time I've ever heard that term, and I'm all about SF.
Neo-San Francisco? ;)
Breja: >Sees the japanese letters< >Laughs and shakes his head<

Also, what the fuck is "neo-sf"? I swear this is the first time I've ever heard that term, and I'm all about SF.
Actually "Neo-SF" sounds good, that would be a good tag for advertising (as "neo-science-fiction", not "neo-san francisco" obviously)
PimPamPet: Yeah, nothing against this game in particular, but why play these fake "neo-retro" games, when you can play the real deal?
Well, how many times can you play "the real deal"? It's good to have some new blood every now and then :)
Breja: Also, what the fuck is "neo-sf"? I swear this is the first time I've ever heard that term, and I'm all about SF.
Thiev: Neo-San Francisco? ;)
Really?
>Looks at the title card< >Looks at the game description< >Looks at the title card again<
Really?
Neo-sf. Neo San Francisco.
I just...
I should stop even opening the threads for those japanese things. It's always a migrane just waiting to happen.
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Breja
Thiev: Neo-San Francisco? ;)
Breja: Really?
>Looks at the title card< >Looks at the game description< >Looks at the title card again<
Really?
Neo-sf. Neo San Francisco.
I just...
I should stop even opening the threads for those japanese things. It's always a migrane just waiting to happen.
SF is also the two letter abbreviation for San Francisco :) Also, "Neo-San Francisco" is the first thing mentioned in the game description :)