It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Somewhere, over the railroad.

<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, which contains the three games that put this sub-genre on track, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount. Buying each game individually grants you a 50% discount, instead.

There is something strangely exhilarating, wondrous, and just downright fun to playing with trains. Could be the fact that trains give the impression of moving on their own, almost like a living organism. Could also be about the unmistakably retro feel of the locomotive, which makes it seem like a relic of a bygone era that is still somehow relevant. Mostly, though, trains are cool because the views associated with riding them are consistently breathtaking.

To capture the magic of what the railroad meant for human transportation, one must go back to 1804, then slowly work their way closer and closer to modern times. <span class="bold">Railroad 2: Platinum</span> and <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon 3</span> are the best express tickets for such a journey, letting you build whole networks of railroad tracks, closely inspect the different types of available train engines, and take in the awesome landscapes. Once you have absorbed and mastered the craft of railroad management, ask the conductor to set course for <span class="bold">Sid Meier's Railroads!</span>. It is here that you will put those strategy/simulation skills to the test and try to build the grandest rail empire in the nation, despite your opponents' shrewd efforts to derail you.

Catch a ride to the history and challenges of the locomotive in the <span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
Yes, finally. Was waiting for a transport simulator on gog.com for ages (ok there was Train Fever). Will definitely buy it at some point. Wishlisted.

Thank you gog.
Matruchus: Yes, finally. Was waiting for a transport simulator on gog.com for ages (ok there was Train Fever). Will definitely buy it at some point. Wishlisted.

Thank you gog.
What about Cities in Motion?
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Acriz
I'm a railroad freak having grown up next door to a small town station, but Sid's games can be so damn intimidating.

Any comments of the learning curve of these?
Does Sid Meier's Railroads! really work on W10... seems it had issues with modern machines that kept me away from it... maybe I'm thinking of another Railroad title. Nice adds!
Matruchus: Yes, finally. Was waiting for a transport simulator on gog.com for ages (ok there was Train Fever). Will definitely buy it at some point. Wishlisted.

Thank you gog.
Acriz: What about Cities in Motion?
Ah, forgot about that one since its missing the linux version :)

Hm, it just clicked in my mind that if Take Two is here now then we shall see some Civilization games in the future. Can't wait.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Matruchus

The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 12:59 PM GMT.
Based on what the promo page says, it will actually last until somewhere into May 3 :)
Attachments:
Whohoo! Choo choo!
I love the RR games! Ok GOG, amazing move with 2K. Now I'll be waiting for Civ games (one can dream)
Anyone knows (Judas, where are you? :) if runs fine on Wine? Thanks!
Instantbuy, if only for the memories and the soundtrack.
high rated
Hm, the first Railroad Tycoon is missing. Couldn't they have added it as a free game? Or at least, similar to Bethesda's deal of Arena/Daggerfall? Anyway, for those who are interested, you can download the first Railroad Tycoon from here:
http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/downloads.html

Do note that it comes with a dated version of DOSBox, so you should update it to a newer one.
tokisto: Whohoo! Choo choo!
I love the RR games! Ok GOG, amazing move with 2K. Now I'll be waiting for Civ games (one can dream)
I am at my windows machine at work ...working on the finishing touches for the 2K games :P
So, who owns the rights to the original game, if not Take 2/2K?

Edit: Ninja'd by Gragar (for the 5 millionth time, I'm sure...)
Post edited March 29, 2016 by yyahoo
Bought, because, why not?
Matruchus: Ah, forgot about that one since its missing the linux version :)

Hm, it just clicked in my mind that if Take Two is here now then we shall see some Civilization games in the future. Can't wait.
And Chris Sawyer's Locomotion ? (That I personally love a lot despite its flaws)

Concerning this release (which is great, like all others from today :D)... I remember playing A LOT Railroad Tycoon 2 when I was young. How are the two other games ?
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Splatsch
tokisto: Whohoo! Choo choo!
JudasIscariot: I am at my windows machine at work ...working on the finishing touches for the 2K games :P
What, there's more today?!?