It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate is here.

<span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span>, in which adventure continues beyond The Gate, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com!

It's you, and your band of companions, against the world. A brand new fantasy world! A realm of long lost treasures and ancient mysteries buried beneath the depths of monster-infested dungeons. <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> sets out to redefine all that we know about character building, questing, and grinding. The thrill of the uncharted, the wonder of a sprawling, classic RPG epic is finally back!

Pillars of Eternity comes in three editions. The Hero Edition includes the base game, but more loot awaits the collectors out there!
The Champion Edition comes packed with special bonus content, including a full digital soundtrack, a high-res map, a campaign almanac, and more!
Royal Edition packs in even more bonus content. In addition to the Champion Edition goodies, four additional pieces of content exclusive to the Royal Edition can be yours now: a digital novella by Chris Avellone, collector's book PDF, high-resolution concept art, and a digital strategy guide.

If you bought the Hero Edition or Champion Edition, and you like the goodies included in the larger editions, all hope is not lost. We're currently working on making edition upgrades available for Pillars of Eternity . Stay tuned for future updates!

Gather your party and venture forth. <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> is finally out now, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Check it out on Twitch.tv/GOGcom!
The one and only TotalBiscuit will be taking Pillars of Eternity today, March 26th at 9pm GMT / 5pm EDT / 2pm PDT!
Afterwards, our regular and beloved Outstar will have her turn - come join her at 11pm GMT / 7pm EDT / 4pm PDT.
gamesfreak64: So using piracy as a missed source of income is bull, these pirates would never ever buy a thing, so its up to the entertainment industry to treat their customers well.

If a game is to expensive for me i will wait till i can afford it, that is: till its on a sale
Lodium: You make some fair points.
Though sometimes, not often pirates will buy stuff at a later date.
Heard from countless of people that they pirated games when they were a students but later bougth games when they had a better income.
correct, i saw a video of an old guy on youtube who admitted he pirated the hell out of all things that could be pirated, lateron when he got a nice steady job and goog income he could buy almost anything he wanted.
Tarhiel: I have the same issue. I guess you backed the game on Kickstarter, just as I did, and maybe the Kickstarter copies of the keys do this. I bet if you would buy game directly here, it would be properly greyed out.
Nope, bought it here...
blotunga: Nope, bought it here...
Wasn't there a similar glitch some time ago, when a lot of people were buying games and the site stopped showing the "owned" tags altogether? Probably the usual server overload thing due to massive amount of purchases.
That review from Koobare...

Way to mention all the things in recent games that make me rage and say this has none of it.

The only thing I wonder is who could possibly have voted that down.

I know there's a pro-UPlay troll from Steam who visits here, maybe it was Roji?
People already putting reviews on the game and it hasn't been out long enough to play it all the way through...

Why do they do that?
Tarhiel: I have the same issue. I guess you backed the game on Kickstarter, just as I did, and maybe the Kickstarter copies of the keys do this. I bet if you would buy game directly here, it would be properly greyed out.
blotunga: Nope, bought it here...
Oh.. in that case, that´s definitely bug,
Well I've had a chance to listen to the soundtrack, as I'm working out these awful pde's. The soundtrack is probably a little less than I was expecting it to be, but it's still nice to listen to overall. Now if only I could find the time to play this game soon.

How do people have the ability to play several hours at a time when there is so much to do!
Post edited March 27, 2015 by elendiel7
Hello friendlies. I created an account on GoG to purchase this game. I'm currently enjoying it immensely. However, I've found that if I don't run the game as an administrator I cannot load my saves - just thought this might be useful to someone <3.
liamphoenix: That review from Koobare...

Way to mention all the things in recent games that make me rage and say this has none of it.

The only thing I wonder is who could possibly have voted that down.
Indeed that review is highly entertaining (thanks for mentioning it!), but I don't think it would get downvoted solely by someone with an agenda. It is overly enthusiastic and someone seeking impartial reviews will not get impressed :)
Personally it made me smile and it was more informative than most GOG reviews (a low bar to clear tbh), so it got one more positive vote.
mike611: Hello friendlies. I created an account on GoG to purchase this game. I'm currently enjoying it immensely. However, I've found that if I don't run the game as an administrator I cannot load my saves - just thought this might be useful to someone <3.
Welcome to GOG, enjoy your stay :-)
blotunga: why can i buy the game again if I already own it? Seems like a bug in the page. I have the Hero Edition and yet I can buy it again for my account...
You can simply buy more copies of any game here. Now, with a game you got a key for because of a KS, it might display differently and not say "owned" on the game page because the versions you got with your KS may not be any copy they actually sell here, but rest assured you own your copy and you can buy other copies of the versions they sell here if you want to. Why? Say you want to buy one for a friend or to make a gift giveaway on the forums, buying the game again allows you to do that. Now, in order to buy a copy to give to someone else of a game that doesn't say "owned" on the page for you, simply click it as a "giftable item" once you are in check out, that will put the game into a code which you can then give to someone else to redeem or simply redeem it later for yourself, if you buy a game without doing any of that, it simply goes on your shelf as one of your games.
Very much looking forward to having the cash to give this one a go.
tfishell: Seems that way given that the GOG versions were specifically mentioned as being so on the site I looked at. The de-Steam-ed version was probably there but I think the difference between the seeds was close to a thousand. (The top two or three were GOG's.)

That's the way it is with Steam - the product being "safe", at least arguably easier to keep safe for the first few hours of sales - but people put up with it b/c of the convenience, achievements, and stuff like that. That "extra" seems to be a draw for many people.

I've heard the download speeds were fluctuating upon initial release, dunno what they're like now.
gamesfreak64: about pirating: i read several replies in this topic about it and if a person wants anything can be cracked any protection, its like doors and locks on a door, if you keep banging a lock with a (sledge)hammer long enough it will eventually break.
So drm is basically a waste of time and money, and like the previous replies said: there will always be people who will never buy a game not even at 50 cents.

So developers cant blame piracy for 'loosing' income but they can try to keep their existing customers happy.
I have lots of games, i organised all my retail cd games yesterday, seems i have exactly 200 casual cds( retail)
thats 200 games .

I have 10 retail dvd with each 8 games on it (bestoff/collecters games) so thats 280 games
Plus 40 old games i still have ( win95/98 and xp retail games)
Plus 293 games on gog and some on GG.

Besides that i like to watch a movie now and then, since i dont visit the movies, i buy the dvd thats 223 dvds i collected over the past 10 years, so i have contributed well to the entertainment.
If i had more cash it would be doubled :D

So using piracy as a missed source of income is bull, these pirates would never ever buy a thing, so its up to the entertainment industry to treat their customers well.

If a game is to expensive for me i will wait till i can afford it, that is: till its on a sale
I've heard many hackers say that they see DRM as game in-of-itself. They love the challenge in cracking them and can't wait for new types of DRM to come out. I've Pirated many games but only did that because that was the only way to get those games because publishers didn't sell them anymore (hence my reason for coming to GOG in the first place, I wanted the games legally). If a game has so much DRM on it, that makes it unplayable offline or simple hurts my computer, then I try not to buy the game or erase it off my computer. I really don't mind DRM, as long as it isn't intrusive and demand semen samples from me.
elendiel7: How do people have the ability to play several hours at a time when there is so much to do!
People live differently, have different priorities. Is that so strange?
Wishlisted for now. But I am very happy, that GOG has Day 1 releases.