It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cutting through the innerspace.

<span class="bold">Phantom Trigger</span>, a roguelike slasher where you pop pustulent enemies with your sick moves, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

This is the story of a man named Stan. Stan is unwell but he has the support of his wife. He also has a fetching whip, an icy sword, a giant punch, and a nimble dash to battle the affliction from within. Yet, as he goes through the twisted levels growing faster and stronger, his greatest fear persists: what if one of his many deaths is the the last one he gets?

The 20% discount will last until August 15, 6PM UTC.
KasperHviid: Whenever there's a new roguelike on GoG, the release thread gets spammed with people declaring their dislike for the genre. This stale, grumpy ritual is beginning to sound like the conversation at a care center for old farts.
Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. Still, whenever there's a new walking simulator, the reviews get spammed with the dislike for the genre, which is at least a bit worse than expressing disdain in the quickly dropping release thread. But, again, you're right about stinking up the place in those release threads. Which, arguably, are about celebrating the release. :|
KasperHviid: Whenever there's a new roguelike on GoG, the release thread gets spammed with people declaring their dislike for the genre. This stale, grumpy ritual is beginning to sound like the conversation at a care center for old farts.
Vainamoinen: Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. Still, whenever there's a new walking simulator, the reviews get spammed with the dislike for the genre, which is at least a bit worse than expressing disdain in the quickly dropping release thread. But, again, you're right about stinking up the place in those release threads. Which, arguably, are about celebrating the release. :|
This is an awful "trend" in this forums and happens most of the time with roguelike, walking simulator, indie platformer,
pixel art and adventure games.

...Besides, this is not even a roguelike, as it doesn't have permadeath.
Sorry, but it sounds as if you're most likely against our geriatric ranting because this is your favored genre, I have no qualms about voicing my opinion for wasted effort such as the over-used perma-death grind infecting my favorite past time.

That said, if perma-death is only reserved for the hardest setting it's great for the take no prisoners Nordic virtual warrior gamers as much as the casual and power gamers such as myself...Plus, I don't discount a game's merits in it's own right, if it's a well-made game I'll note that as well, but if I don't care for a feature, I'll have no qualms about pointing that out too...

BTW: Thanks for the clarification as it now rests in my wishlist, I have to save for my Ryzen TR 1920 build anyways!
Post edited August 21, 2017 by takezodunmer2005