It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cutting through the innerspace.

<span class="bold">Phantom Trigger</span>, a roguelike slasher where you pop pustulent enemies with your sick moves, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

This is the story of a man named Stan. Stan is unwell but he has the support of his wife. He also has a fetching whip, an icy sword, a giant punch, and a nimble dash to battle the affliction from within. Yet, as he goes through the twisted levels growing faster and stronger, his greatest fear persists: what if one of his many deaths is the the last one he gets?

The 20% discount will last until August 15, 6PM UTC.
I really love the art style direction and the colour palette; reminds me a bit of Hyper Light Drifter, which I adore to no end. I'm wishlisting it only based on how it looks, since there are no trailers showing any sort of gameplay in the game page, and I honestly need to see it in motion to understand how it plays and decide whether I should buy it or not.

So, onwards to Youtube, in search of gameplay videos of Phantom Trigger!
Looks like HLD, but less interesting.
I don't think this is for me.
Looks like Party Hard and it looks like they have a common dev.

Loved Party Hard.
Looks kinda awesome. Published by tinyBuild... dammit nevermind. Not interested in a game that's going to be left here to rot without updates.
tinyE: Looks like Party Hard and it looks like they have a common dev.
I think they just have the same publisher
Oh look, a crummy looking pixelated retro platformer with permadeath.

You can't make this shit up.
So... a trailer is up on GOG's Youtube channel, but not on the game page?

Anyway, I do find the game interesting, just not enough to warrant a purchase, at the moment. I'm still waiting for Ys Seven, that's my priority purchase on GOG, right now. :P

Like Smannesman put it, Phantom Trigger looks like a less interesting version of Hyper Light Drifter. Which is good enough for me to keep it wishlisted for now.
tremere110: Looks kinda awesome. Published by tinyBuild... dammit nevermind. Not interested in a game that's going to be left here to rot without updates.
Thanks, knowing that saved me opening the game page! I wouldn't touch tinyBuild either.
Does this game have random level generation?
There's an alpha demo on the steamy store. Not sure about how representative is of the full version, but i guess steam users will take a glimpse of it, at least. Having said that, it would be nice if the publisher offered the demo here on GOG too.
Jesus, if I hear the term "roguelike" one more time this year.
Vainamoinen: Jesus, if I hear the term "roguelike" one more time this year.
You'll be lucky to make it a week without a new rougelike popping up.
Whenever there's a new roguelike on GoG, the release thread gets spammed with people declaring their dislike for the genre. This stale, grumpy ritual is beginning to sound like the conversation at a care center for old farts.

...Besides, this is not even a roguelike, as it doesn't have permadeath.
KasperHviid: Whenever there's a new roguelike on GoG, the release thread gets spammed with people declaring their dislike for the genre. This stale, grumpy ritual is beginning to sound like the conversation at a care center for old farts.
You're totally wrong: it's just that GOG's customer base is too passionate, just as the developer of the "We Happy Few" said.

Now, please, get your dirty hands off my walking stick! :D