It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Navigate an ocean of crime and corruption as a merciless mercenary. Necromunda: Hired Gun, a fast-paced FPS set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, is now available on GOG.COM along with a 15% discount that will last until 10th June 2021, 5 PM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
And a day early to boot - Nice!
Nice, downloading right now.
A midnight release? Doesn't happen often. Will probably wait for a larger discount as games tend to drop in price heavily even a couple of months after release these days but definitely will be getting this eventually.
Post edited June 01, 2021 by idbeholdME
Was watching a review as this popped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDpuhJXxCM

Another review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGQZ8Lledc

https://opencritic.com/game/11460/necromunda-hired-gun
Post edited June 01, 2021 by wolfsite
Not going to sell the Hunter's Bounty Pack?
Only Windows 10 support?
Hard pass.
Mandalore likes it, (fixable) warts and all.

I concur that:

- it needs a general inventory screen for comparing/reviewing loot at any time
- the melee takedowns REALLY need to be nerfed somehow (have it on a cooldown AND/OR opponents need to be stunned/incapacitated first AND/OR have other nearby opponents not just stand there politely and watch along during the takedown animation, etc)

Can't say much in regards to the cyber mastiff as I haven't used it yet and probably won't for the current strictly solo playthrough (I applaud Streum On for not chickening out and have the dog be affected by friendly fire as it should though).
Sound/music, visuals, environmental design and overall atmosphere are indeed spot on and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Helps if you're going into this fully expecting a fair bit of euro jank, of course.
Swedrami: - the melee takedowns REALLY need to be nerfed somehow (have it on a cooldown AND/OR opponents need to be stunned/incapacitated first AND/OR have other nearby opponents not just stand there politely and watch along during the takedown animation, etc)
This is a problem in most games that have special takedowns. The only one I've seen so far that actually lets enemies behave normally, still attack you, hit you and even kill you while doing them was in Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. You use the takedowns to regain health, but if you do them at a bad time, they are an instant death sentence. Complete invulnerability should NEVER be a thing. You should have to think about when to use them, not use them as an invulnerability window and spam them non-stop...

And yeah, allowing them to be done whenever/on a full health enemy is also beyond stupid. "Will I go into a gunfight with that enemy or will I just approach them and press E to instantly kill them while being completely invulnerable.... Decisions, decisions....". The game ceases to be an FPS, but devolves into "Close the distance and press button."

IMO, these finishing attacks should never be a central part of any FPS and should rarely take precedence over just shooting the enemy dead (one of the major reasons I dislike the new Dooms since it's so heavily ingrained into the core gameplay loop). Or tying health or resource recovery to them for example.
Post edited June 01, 2021 by idbeholdME
Looks nice!
Wonder if we will be getting the artbook and soundtrack that you can get on steam for this game?
Nice that GOG gets this Day 1.

Wishlisted.
Gonna grab this once I get paid (some point before the 10th)

Now that Focus owns Streum On, they should bring E.Y.E. to GOG.
How is this game compared to Deathwing? I thought Deathwing was sort of boring even though it looked pretty damn good, I mean in the massive areas, not the narrow hallways where your bros would just step in front of you so you couldn't shoot at anything.

Also, we need EYE: Divine Cybermancy. That's the real StreumOn game :D
Post edited June 01, 2021 by XYCat
XYCat: How is this game compared to Deathwing? I thought Deathwing was sort of boring even though it looked pretty damn good, I mean in the massive areas, not the narrow hallways where your bros would just step in front of you so you couldn't shoot at anything.

Also, we need EYE: Divine Cybermancy. That's the real StreumOn game :D
They've nailed the look of 40k (again) weapons feel a little light, but it plays nicely enough. The looter shooter aspects are a little awkward, as too are a few of the animations and sound design choices. Overall, it's fun so far (only a few hours in). They clearly love 40k (as we could tell with EYE) and this is just further proof of it.