It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Navigate an ocean of crime and corruption as a merciless mercenary. Necromunda: Hired Gun, a fast-paced FPS set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, is now available on GOG.COM along with a 15% discount that will last until 10th June 2021, 5 PM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
patrikc: Only Windows 10 support?
Hard pass.
Playing on Win7 now.
Not my favorite type of shooter...

... but...

... I like what I've seen.

Thank goodness this isn't weighted to co-op like their last Warhammer outing. I can respect a solid SP shooter!

I'll def pick this up at some point.
patrikc: Only Windows 10 support?
Hard pass.
HilariousHank: Playing on Win7 now.
How did you manage to get it running on win7?
HilariousHank: Playing on Win7 now.
Interesting, as they do not mention any version below 10 in the system requirements.
patrikc: Interesting, as they do not mention any version below 10 in the system requirements.
Nobody in their right mind will list Windows 7 anywhere now, since the support for it officially ended. Doesn't mean that games won't work on it though.
Post edited June 03, 2021 by idbeholdME
patrikc: Interesting, as they do not mention any version below 10 in the system requirements.
idbeholdME: Nobody in their right mind will list Windows 7 anywhere now, since the support for it officially ended. Doesn't mean that games won't work on it though.
Windows 8.1 is still supported, so there shouldn't be any issue listing it (or even 7 for that matter) if the game is working properly. How is a potential customer able to tell what the situation is if the developer/publisher does not share detailed info?
It could very well work, but I am not willing to make a purchase based just on a guess.
idbeholdME: Nobody in their right mind will list Windows 7 anywhere now, since the support for it officially ended. Doesn't mean that games won't work on it though.
patrikc: Windows 8.1 is still supported, so there shouldn't be any issue listing it (or even 7 for that matter) if the game is working properly. How is a potential customer able to tell what the situation is if the developer/publisher does not share detailed info?
It could very well work, but I am not willing to make a purchase based just on a guess.
8.1 could still be listed, yes. But you can't expect anyone to guarantee you that something will work on a system, the creator of which ended support for. That is honestly the problem of the person who is using the Windows 7. Either research it beforehand, or try it and get a refund if it does not work.
You can actually read/make out what's written on purity seals, nice little touch there.
Attachments:
nmhgps02.jpg (446 Kb)
Looks cool and it's nice to see fast paced shooters in vogue again after a decade of bland COD clones but from what I hear from reviews like ACG's on YT the game is quite buggy and has major sound issues so I will wait a few months before they iron out the kinks in the game.
Post edited June 03, 2021 by jepsen1977
Shalashaska188: How did you manage to get it running on win7?
"Hello, Windows 7 is not officially supported by our game but you can launch it with the launch option -dx11 to ensure the game will use the correct version of DirectX on your setup".
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222370/discussions/0/3084382396874961015/

That's true though if GOG are just going to write "W10" on every game whether it needs it or not, then they really need to replace two separate "Minimum" and "Recommended" OS listing with just one "Officially Supported OS" as "needs W10" for games that don't need W10 is deliberately false and misleading information. It also makes no sense in terms of consistency to have W10 based on "what we support" for some 2021 titles, but use a different system of listing the actual real minimum requirements including "unsupported" W7, W8, etc, for the bulk of the 99% of pre-2021 titles here as if they still do support those OS's. Right now GOG's new "minimum is not the minimum but only for some games not others" is a confusing and inconsistent mess.
I hesitate to say this... oh well...

I've now watched an hour or so of Necromunda Hired Gun gameplay...

... and...

... although it's not open-world (a vastly smaller game)...

... I enjoy the art direction, tone, and gunplay (from what I see) more than what I've seen of Cyberpunk 2077.

The Necromunda world looks like a grimy, techno-industrial nightmare where Cyberpunk 2077 looks oddly generic future and "plastic." If Cyberpunk 2077 was more contained, had better gunplay (it looks to have a certain weightlessness), and an aesthetic somewhere between the ultra-flashy plastic neon and the grimy post-industrial Necromunda, I probably would have been quite excited about CP2077. (I know the two worlds take place in vastly different times, but the tone of design aesthetics don't always define a world as much as certain places depicted in that world)

As for NHG...

... I'm sure it has problems but this gameplay has really "pulled me in" to a game I never knew I'd want to play (I'm not a huge 40K fan, Doom fan, or twitch shooter fan).

As to CP2077...

... I sincerely hope the experience gets ironed out and refined. I'm sure I'll play it one day...

... but...

... Necromunda Hired Gun really makes me wish CDPR would have made a smaller, more contained shooter in the Cyberpunk world... and made it all feel more lived-in (again, this is based on what I've seen... not what I've played). IMHO as a monday-morning quarterback feels like they could have built a stronger franchise that way... one brick at a time... and possibly made a larger profit.

After Necromunda Hired Gun I really want to see how the game does and what Streum On does next.