It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hungry hungry fungus.

<span class="bold">Mushroom 11</span>, an experimental, post-apocalyptic puzzle game, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

What happened here? Where is everyone? What are you?
You are Mushroom. Mushroom 11. A peculiar fungus-like organism that devours every living thing in its path and just refuses to go away.

The thing about Mushroom 11, is that it just has to remain constant no matter what. If a part of it dies, the same number of molecules and atoms will grow to take its place right away. The gameplay implications of this are severe.
That's largely because the only control you have over the game is killing Mushroom 11 bit by bit. You'll never succeed, of course, but through a bit of ingenuity you can guide the new growths any way you want. Across chasms, into poor, tasty flowers, into lava (don't do that, you'll actually die).
It's a new kind of gameplay mechanic, and definitely one worth trying.

If you want to find out what fungus sounds like without bringing your face uncomfortably close to the thing, try the <span class="bold">Mushroom 11 Original Soundtrack</span> featuring the enigmatic, electronic The Future Sound of London!

Every day is fungus day in <span class="bold">Mushroom 11</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, October 20, 1:59 PM GMT.

In the press:
Mushroom 11 is unlike anything else I've ever played, but it still manages to be intuitive and instantly understandable. --IGN
It is one of those ideas that seems so elegant that it is surprisingly nobody had ever thought of it before. --Destructoid
Hm, seems similar to World of Goo looking at gameplay.
I wonder if the big gameplay "twist" at the end, is that all of humanity has metamorphosed into all of the various creatures that you've been consuming and destroying throughout the game.
rampancy: I wonder if the big gameplay "twist" at the end, is that all of humanity has metamorphosed into all of the various creatures that you've been consuming and destroying throughout the game.
Well, it's a plot twist, but judging by the first screenshot, you're probably right.
Matruchus: Hm, seems similar to World of Goo looking at gameplay.
Weirdly that's exactly what I thought when I first played it :-)

Hello!

Please don't forget to check out my Release Stream of Mushroom 11 tonight at 9pm BST - I've been so excited about this game for a year or so now and watching it grow has been really lovely! I have also been told that the developers will join us on chat for questions! :-)

www.twitch.tv/gogcom

ScreamingJoypad
Post edited October 15, 2015 by ScreamingJoypad
My thoughts almost exactly. World of goo with a push/avoidance mechanism. Thats what sort of confused me is why in descriptions, reviews, and even the trailer it proudly exclaims "Unlike anything ive ever played before" and similar sentiments.

It certainly is not a bad thing, and everything suggests it is a really top notch puzzler. Just seems a tad disingenuous to make such a claim when third parties might draw similar comparisons of it. Focus testing would have pointed to this in all likelihood.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by viranimus
That's not a bad comparison.Maybe it's the unconventional method of exploration that makes the game look so similar? If not for the price point, I'd pick this one up today. I loved World of Goo!
GOG.com: If you want to find out what fungus sounds like without bringing your face uncomfortably close to the thing, try the <span class="bold">Mushroom 11 Original Soundtrack</span> instead.
Come on GOG, don't you have any music connoisseur in your staff? You just had to put "Music by The Future Sound of London" (like it's written on the gamecard) in your news to raise up interest from people who were teens/adults in the 90's ;)
Looks like an interesting release. Right now my backlog is a little bit overcrowded, so I won't buy it right away. But I will certainly pick it up some day in the future.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by PaterAlf
"7 Chapters each with a changing enviorment!"

*cough*

Looks pretty fun, and the post-apocalyptic theme is a nice twist.
GOG.com: If you want to find out what fungus sounds like without bringing your face uncomfortably close to the thing, try the <span class="bold">Mushroom 11 Original Soundtrack</span> instead.
catpower1980: Come on GOG, don't you have any music connoisseur in your staff? You just had to put "Music by The Future Sound of London" (like it's written on the gamecard) in your news to raise up interest from people who were teens/adults in the 90's ;)
Landmass!

Did I mention GOG still needs to get the [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/wipeout_xl]series? :P
[url=https://youtu.be/m_NholHANoY?t=6s ]This game looks awesome! Feel the shrooms, dude! Why are the walls melting? [/url]Oh, hi Mr. Electric Unicorn. Oh, hang on, my shoe is ringing. Hello?
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Breja
Very interesting indie game, with beautiful graphics and the music seems to be good too. It reminds me a bit of LocoRoco. Yep, that cute PSP game. :)
What do you mean by 'instead'? Thanks to your ingenious 'TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED' requirement that's not an option. Talk about fungus!

Personally, I'm mostly interested in the soundtrack so I'll just have to purchase it elsewhere.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: What do you mean by 'instead'? Thanks to your ingenious 'TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED' requirement that's not an option. Talk about fungus!

Personally, I'm mostly interested in the soundtrack so I'll just have to purchase it elsewhere.
Yeah, I don't understand why GOG doesn't allow customers to buy the soundtrack separately from the game.