It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's try, try, try, look high and low!

Monkey King: Master of the Clouds is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until September 21st, 5pm UTC.
Almost 30 years after his first coin-op appearance, the rosy-cheeked Monkey King returns to kick some mythical butt while looking better than ever. Ride your agile cloud and cruise through this old-school bullet hell, fighting mean-looking creatures of legend against iconic Chinese landscapes.
Oh hey. I saw this being streamed by Studio Mudprints.
da fuk
Hey, Retroism. It's been a while. Please bring the rest of the Humongous games. (pls) :P
Nice.
Is this a "proper" Windows port, or kinda of emulator+rom, like NeoGeo ones?
Post edited September 14, 2018 by Gabbi_it
Not my thing, but I'm sure a few people will be very happy :-)
Not gonna lie this looks really dope
More Retroism? Yes please. Insta-bought. Please bring more! :D
Instabought, thanks Retroism and GOG!
Cool, now bring the other missing Retroism published games to gog.
toxicTom: Not my thing, but I'm sure a few people will be very happy :-)
Extremely happy, i played games lik that , yes i did when i was a small kid ( before the sensitive eye things happend)
8 or 9 or so , played those mario like games.

Anyway its avoid for me now , sore eyes and headaches and more aint fun, i do wonder why the extreme high minimum requirements.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz ?????????

Games like this were played on far lower systems , ancient systems compared to to nowadays technology, so why these high min. requirements? is it because the games are made using some engines , or klikn play development like:

Fusion 2, game maker, unity, wintermute, visionaire, xna framework ( microsoft) ? i cant help thinking the min req. can be much lower if properly coded and optimised.

The old games we have were not coded using 'klik play' tools , they perform better, are smaller, before you know it you need a i9 for a tetris classic game.
Post edited September 15, 2018 by gamesfreak64
GOG.com: Almost 20 years after his first coin-op appearance
1989 to 2018 is nearly 30 years after the coin-op
Hmm, newer heard of this one but it looks like Wonderboy or alex kidd or simmilar games for the sega.
Whishlisted for now.
Post edited September 16, 2018 by Lodium
Got suckered into buying this thing because of the setting (Chinese mythology, that's got to be fun, right?).

My experience with the game has gone like this:

- Start game
- See "Press Shot Button" prompt
- Press Spacebar - Nothing happens
- Press Enter - Nothing happens
- Start hitting random buttons on the keyboard
- It was Right Alt - It's always the start of a great love if it takes you more than 5 attempts to figure out the right key to enter the main menu.
- Check out the main menu
- Oh great, the multiplayer mode isn't online multiplayer, it's one of those "Get a little too close for comfort as you share a keyboard with your buddy"- multiplayer modes.
- Oh great, I can't rebind the keys! WASD for controls and Right Alt to shoot it is.
- Start the actual game
- Art style is nice enough, but gameplay itself is generic, annoying bullet hell (art style aside, it's nothing like Alex Kidd, which was mentioned in this thread).
- Quit the game after 13 minutes (from the looks of the Steam reviews, that seems to be a pattern).

=> Should've listened to the 2-star review! Add to that the fact that you can't even rebind your keys. Another couple of bucks down the toilet.