It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's try, try, try, look high and low!

Monkey King: Master of the Clouds is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until September 21st, 5pm UTC.
Almost 30 years after his first coin-op appearance, the rosy-cheeked Monkey King returns to kick some mythical butt while looking better than ever. Ride your agile cloud and cruise through this old-school bullet hell, fighting mean-looking creatures of legend against iconic Chinese landscapes.
fronzelneekburm: Got suckered into buying this thing because of the setting (Chinese mythology, that's got to be fun, right?).

My experience with the game has gone like this:

- Start game
- See "Press Shot Button" prompt
- Press Spacebar - Nothing happens
- Press Enter - Nothing happens
- Start hitting random buttons on the keyboard
- It was Right Alt - It's always the start of a great love if it takes you more than 5 attempts to figure out the right key to enter the main menu.
- Check out the main menu
- Oh great, the multiplayer mode isn't online multiplayer, it's one of those "Get a little too close for comfort as you share a keyboard with your buddy"- multiplayer modes.
- Oh great, I can't rebind the keys! WASD for controls and Right Alt to shoot it is.
- Start the actual game
- Art style is nice enough, but gameplay itself is generic, annoying bullet hell (art style aside, it's nothing like Alex Kidd, which was mentioned in this thread).
- Quit the game after 13 minutes (from the looks of the Steam reviews, that seems to be a pattern).

=> Should've listened to the 2-star review! Add to that the fact that you can't even rebind your keys. Another couple of bucks down the toilet.
So the game was disapointing ? thats sad to read.... the game was quite cheap 3.69 euro, so the damage done is limited , with games price below 4 euros i would have bought the game at steam, played it and if it didnt live up to my expectations , i would refund it, if howeer i liked it ,i would by a second copy at GOG, done that before....
The best thing is i only buy small games and casual games like HOG, no expensive games for me at Steam,
i get those at GOG.

You can list this developer/publisher as avoid on a textfile, just keep a textfile or wordpad file and keep track of games . devs and or publisher who published the bad/awful game to avoid buying from them again in the future.

I have a small list for steam with games/devs/publisher i want to avoid ... usually with cheap games i give them 3 chances:

3 strikes and they are out :D .... forever :D

I hope Steam will make an avoid list for the client , to ignore mulitple developers/publisher who develop bad games, or good games but never reply if you have problems, this way those people wont show up in the queue ....
Post edited September 15, 2018 by gamesfreak64
tfishell: Hey, Retroism. It's been a while. Please bring the rest of the Humongous games. (pls) :P
like pajama sam ? steam has many maybe all games but it seems you need to fiddle with scumm settings,.......
i dont like to pay for games i have to fiddle with in order to mak it work. :D

Anyway still hoping for Touché: the Adventures of the Fifth musketeer to arrive and Bermuda Syndrome (1996)
and no remakes or enhanced versions, only the original i know you can make it run on win 7 64 bits but you need to fiddle too much.

DOSBOX, with filemanager 3xx ( seems to be from win 3xx) and a bat file, found it years ago online

since i paid for the retail ( retail shop) i have the right to play something i paid for it :D now i can in a way but its not a user friendly or easy way, but the game will never arrive here chances are 5% i guess, same goes for Touché: the Adventures of the Fifth musketeer which runs aswell but i think scumm is needed , would be best ofcourse to run the old game natively like gorky 17 and other old games.
Post edited September 15, 2018 by gamesfreak64
GOG.com: Almost 20 years after his first coin-op appearance
RedPatrick: 1989 to 2018 is nearly 30 years after the coin-op
nice ...

Pooyan, also coin up the rabbit like creatures and the wolves with the balloons , shooting them down with a slingshot, the game has a few 'clones' but the original is the best, they could remaster that aswell.

Anyway ,releasing games they 'recoded' or 'enhanced' save a lot of planning and thinking what game to make, you just use existing games and kinda ' recyle' them add some and voila.
fronzelneekburm: - Oh great, the multiplayer mode isn't online multiplayer, it's one of those "Get a little too close for comfort as you share a keyboard with your buddy"- multiplayer modes.
Local multiplayer is superior to online multiplayer though ideally y'all could use separate controllers. But for me I will always take the "too close for comfort" style over online, which as I see it is "negative comfort".
fronzelneekburm: Got suckered into buying this thing because of the setting (Chinese mythology, that's got to be fun, right?).

My experience with the game has gone like this:

- Start game
- See "Press Shot Button" prompt
- Press Spacebar - Nothing happens
- Press Enter - Nothing happens
- Start hitting random buttons on the keyboard
- It was Right Alt - It's always the start of a great love if it takes you more than 5 attempts to figure out the right key to enter the main menu.
- Check out the main menu
- Oh great, the multiplayer mode isn't online multiplayer, it's one of those "Get a little too close for comfort as you share a keyboard with your buddy"- multiplayer modes.
- Oh great, I can't rebind the keys! WASD for controls and Right Alt to shoot it is.
- Start the actual game
- Art style is nice enough, but gameplay itself is generic, annoying bullet hell (art style aside, it's nothing like Alex Kidd, which was mentioned in this thread).
- Quit the game after 13 minutes (from the looks of the Steam reviews, that seems to be a pattern).

=> Should've listened to the 2-star review! Add to that the fact that you can't even rebind your keys. Another couple of bucks down the toilet.
Its not? well thats disapointing
unwishlisting it then
also because you cant rebind the keys
but it woud be nice to know if the game works with a gamepad though.
Great to see this. I was a fan of the Sega Master System port (Cloud Master) back in the day, so will be picking this up.
GOG.com: Almost 20 years after his first coin-op appearance
Math is hard, man...

Also, this makes me feel super old.
Thanks.
Post edited September 17, 2018 by maladr0Id
maladr0Id: ...
Yep, old alright: you start repeating yourself. :P
maladr0Id: Math is hard, man...

Thanks.
you aren't alone :P
maladr0Id: Math is hard, man...

Thanks.
I know what you mean, I was about to make fun of a guy online who claimed to be born 1998 and had talked about doing all kinds of adult stuff (driving/work/alcohol etc), only to only to catch myself at the last minute: the guy wasn't ten, he was twenty.
I think this is too hard and would benefit from a save function I would get from a "normal" emulator.
deleted
+: Nice graphics and OK sound.
- : no remappable buttons? -> Shoddy console port/ Emulator wrapper.
-: Too hard by overwhelming you with enemies and flicking you all the way back to the beginning of the level if your char. dies.

Nope, not for me.