It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to play the cult FPS with a huge graphical upgrade, including Ray Traced Emissive Lighting. Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition update is now available on GOG.COM!

Upgrades include DLSS 2.0 Inclusion, Ray Traced Emissive Lighting used throughout, FOV slider, increased framerates, and display resolutions. A Ray Tracing capable GPU is the minimum spec for this beast, and you can upgrade right now for free if you already own Metro Exodus.

GOG GALAXY users can access the update by activating the beta channel for Enhanced Edition. For offline users, there's a separate installer for this version available in their libraries. For more details, please check here on how to access Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition on GOG.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
As if Metro Exodus didn't already have insane system requirements...
Good to see the upgrade here and available regardless of how you download the game.
high rated
Releasing a free RTX/RDNA2 exclusive version of the game... during a long-lasting global GPU shortage. Thanks, I guess?
Post edited May 06, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Did they improve the AI? I saw a video review that showed several examples of where the AI in the game is rather poor. If not, perhaps they should have spent some time on that, rather than focusing even more resources on graphical improvements that we might be able to make use of in 10 years' time ... (as WinterSnowfall alluded to)
Post edited May 07, 2021 by Time4Tea
high rated
Offline installers.
Now that's a term I haven't read or seen being alluded to in an official GOG.com post in a long time.
Post edited May 06, 2021 by Swedrami
WinterSnowfall: Releasing a free RTX/RDNA2 exclusive version of the game... during a long-lasting global GPU shortage. Thanks, I guess?
Jealousy? The regular version hasn't disappeared.

(note: I don't have an RTX card)
Post edited May 06, 2021 by teceem
I just started the series like a week ago, super good.
Hopefully sometime down the road I'll be able to replay it with the bells and whistles turned up to 11.
teceem: Jealousy? The regular version hasn't disappeared.
Not at all, just meh... looking at my GTX. That I'll probably be stuck with for a while. Much like a lot of gamers these days. But it's good news for a few lucky ones.
Maybe a contest in which the prize is some RTX model? Hmm?
Nice for those who have the hardware and the interest, I guess.
No problems buying a graphics card with hardware support for ray-tracing here if you can afford to pay the insane prices or settle for the, for ray-tracing purposes, too weak RTX 2060 (non-super) which has been revived. They do sell more GPUs than ever now and only a small part seems to be going to miners.
Themken: No problems buying a graphics card with hardware support for ray-tracing here if you can afford to pay the insane prices or settle for the, for ray-tracing purposes, too weak RTX 2060 (non-super) which has been revived. They do sell more GPUs than ever now and only a small part seems to be going to miners.
Well, yes, I was just looking at an RTX 3070 in stock this morning. Only problem is that it costs $2500...
Nice. Now I will just have to wait one or two years before I can actually buy an RTX card and we're GAME!!!

Themken: No problems buying a graphics card with hardware support for ray-tracing here if you can afford to pay the insane prices or settle for the, for ray-tracing purposes, too weak RTX 2060 (non-super) which has been revived. They do sell more GPUs than ever now and only a small part seems to be going to miners.
Depends on the market. Over here, not a single one has been seen in months, be it 3060 or 3090. I never buy second-hand products so that is not an option for me (not that I would be willing to pay 2.5x the intended price to a scalper anyway). But I'm "stuck" with a 1080 Ti, so it could have been much worse. I consider myself one of the lucky ones who grabbed it shortly before the stocks ran out/the insanity began.
Post edited May 06, 2021 by idbeholdME
This is cool now i need a gfx that can use the new features.
WinterSnowfall: Well, yes, I was just looking at an RTX 3070 in stock this morning. Only problem is that it costs $2500...
Price is ridiculous here, even outside retail.
As a matter of fact, electronics (and not only) are overpriced in this land.
Post edited May 06, 2021 by patrikc