It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

“There's only one thing that can save a man from madness and that's uncertainty.”

<span class="bold">Metro 2033 Redux</span> the ultimate edition of one of the most compelling survival FPS games, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it up to 60% off with the launch promo!

The bombs fell sometime in July 2013. A nuclear exchange in the Middle East turns global - the United States go quickly, but they do not go quietly. Neither does Russia. The remnants of humanity are saved by an unimposing marvel of modern engineering: the kilometers of underground tunnels that weave below what are now memories of a bustling Moscow. The year is 2033, your home is the Metro.

Metro 2033 is a video game adaptation of an award winning Russian novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky - the survival horror / FPS blend took gamers by surprise with its masterfully thick horror atmosphere and a compelling, fresh, uniquely Russian universe. Metro 2033 Redux is a remastered edition, but it's also far beyond just a graphics update - thanks to significant gameplay and design updates, this release is a game fresh enough even for veterans to truly enjoy. With new graphics, new map design, impressive technical improvements and plenty of new gameplay elements - this is without a doubt the definitive way to experience Metro 2033.

Pick up both <span class="bold">Metro 2033: Redux</span> and the sequel, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> in a single DRM-free bundle to get 60% off both titles, or pick up today's release or sequel at 50% off individually. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Monday, July 27 at 9:59 AM GMT.
I would buy the DRM free original Metro (i have them on Steam), but i'm still not sure if i want to upgrade to Redux. Especially for Metro 2033 (Redux for that one is too colorful compared with the grim mood of the original).
Post edited July 22, 2015 by wolfsrain
And here it is!
Btw, which Metro was the best, I cannot remember. Or were they both worth? O_o
Also, how are they, compared to Stalker's games.
Post edited July 22, 2015 by phaolo
amrit9037: Is it recommended to buy both games at this price or shall I wait for deeper discounts?
I will wait. It is out of my budget, even at this discount.
inc09nito: Amazing game is released and what you see in comments section? People complaining. That's GOG alright....
I can't see any complaints. Just someone asking if there's a chance for the non-Redux version to get released too. And having played both versions, I can see why this gets asked. Metro 2033 and Metro 2033 Redux are two entirely different games. They look different (2033 Redux is bright, whereas 2033 is really dark) and they play different - a lot! The new stealth mechanics in the Redux version basically "break" the game.

Some levels got way too easy. In 2033 you had to aim at a door, guessing where the head of your enemy will come out, and throw your knife fast! Otherwise the enemy will spot you and alarm his friends. In 2033 Redux you can tie together someone's shoestrings while he's passing you. If your clock tells you that you're hidden in a shadow (there's a little light telling you if you're hidden), you're practically invisible. In 2033 it was a good challenge to clear the level where you meet Khan with stealth tactics. You had to study the routes of everyone, plan your moves and act fast. In 2033 Redux you just wait until someone passes you and kill him from behind. One of the easiest levels of the whole game.
Wonderful! I hope that with more and more Deep Silver games here, Risen 3 will find its way here as well soon.

By the way, serious question: I already have the original, but it runs like utter crap. I get huge framerate drops basically everywhere (dropping nearly to 30 whenever some smoke or fire is around, a real game breaker for a FPS and particularly embarassing for a GTX 770 that can make almost every old-generation game run smoothly at maximum settings), which makes me think that the game is seriously unoptimized.
I have also heard that the Redux version runs much, much better yet looses a bit of the atmosphere (I have no proof of this, just rumors).
In your opinion, should I just throw away that wreckage of an original edition (which I deeply regret to have bought, especially after this release) and go for the Redux one?
My Steam copy of Metro 2033 (the original) doesn`t work ( I assume because I don't have a Nvidia video card, requirement that I find preposterous, but whatever).

Does the Redux version work with AMD cards?
inc09nito: Amazing game is released and what you see in comments section? People complaining. That's GOG alright....
adamhm: Well if the Linux versions were available here I'd have instabought these plus a bunch of gift keys. Unfortunately the only place that has the Mac/Linux versions available right now is Steam
+1 Same here! Would instabuy it, but GOG can't deliver ... again!
Maybe some of the Blues can share some insights, why we don't have the existing Mac/Linux versions on GOG ... again!
Post edited July 22, 2015 by Woolytoes
phaolo: And here it is!
Btw, which Metro was the best, I cannot remember. Or were they both worth? O_o
Also, how are they, compared to Stalker's games.
I prefer the original Metro as story and mood, Last Light has the better gameplay, though. And they are a different beast compared with STALKER. I fully recommend both series.
wolfsrain: This. I definitely prefer the older versions.
Impaler26: Same here, i prefer the old versions too.
Why are the previous versions better?
Haven't the redux ones been optimized?

EDIT: ah, I've seen real.geizterfahrs' post now
Post edited July 22, 2015 by phaolo
wolfsrain: This. I definitely prefer the older versions.
Why?
GabiMoro: My Steam copy of Metro 2033 (the original) doesn`t work ( I assume because I don't have a Nvidia video card, requirement that I find preposterous, but whatever).

You don't have to have a Nvidia card. All you have to do is to install Nvidia PhysX, even if you have an AMD card. Game works fine then.
TBH I wasn't a fan of Metro series, very linear and a bit awkward at points. Not sure entirely what this adds other than improved graphics, however its a great starting discount at £6.40, so will pick it up (already own Last Light though not played that one). It is nice to see some big name titles here as well as the oldies released earlier in the week. Keep up the good work.
Impaler26: Same here, i prefer the old versions too.
phaolo: Why are the previous versions better?
Haven't the redux ones been optimized?
I prefer the darker look of the original Metro 2033 and i don't like the gameplay changes in the redux version.

real.geizterfahr posted a good example in post #34.
Now they drop 2033, when I'm broke, rather than in the original Deep Silver dump that came along when I had extra cash.
GabiMoro: My Steam copy of Metro 2033 (the original) doesn`t work ( I assume because I don't have a Nvidia video card, requirement that I find preposterous, but whatever).

real.geizterfahr: You don't have to have a Nvidia card. All you have to do is to install Nvidia PhysX, even if you have an AMD card. Game works fine then.
Thanks, I'll check it out.