It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

“There's only one thing that can save a man from madness and that's uncertainty.”

<span class="bold">Metro 2033 Redux</span> the ultimate edition of one of the most compelling survival FPS games, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it up to 60% off with the launch promo!

The bombs fell sometime in July 2013. A nuclear exchange in the Middle East turns global - the United States go quickly, but they do not go quietly. Neither does Russia. The remnants of humanity are saved by an unimposing marvel of modern engineering: the kilometers of underground tunnels that weave below what are now memories of a bustling Moscow. The year is 2033, your home is the Metro.

Metro 2033 is a video game adaptation of an award winning Russian novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky - the survival horror / FPS blend took gamers by surprise with its masterfully thick horror atmosphere and a compelling, fresh, uniquely Russian universe. Metro 2033 Redux is a remastered edition, but it's also far beyond just a graphics update - thanks to significant gameplay and design updates, this release is a game fresh enough even for veterans to truly enjoy. With new graphics, new map design, impressive technical improvements and plenty of new gameplay elements - this is without a doubt the definitive way to experience Metro 2033.

Pick up both <span class="bold">Metro 2033: Redux</span> and the sequel, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> in a single DRM-free bundle to get 60% off both titles, or pick up today's release or sequel at 50% off individually. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Monday, July 27 at 9:59 AM GMT.
Someone else already did: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post63 so there's hope for that at least
another game I need to buy from Steam since GOG won't offer a Linux or Mac version
inc09nito: Amazing game is released and what you see in comments section? People complaining. That's GOG alright....
Amazing game released for a very specific group, that being people on Windows who like the Redux editions.

Non Redux had a few significant differences making it a matter of taste as to which is amazing, and no Linux means that a lot of people who do like Redux won't be able to play it. Be as snarky as you want. this being the internet snark is rewarded, but feel free to also note that circumstances in which people are complaining.
inc09nito: Amazing game is released and what you see in comments section? People complaining. That's GOG alright....
FraggingBard: Amazing game released for a very specific group, that being people on Windows who like the Redux editions.

Non Redux had a few significant differences making it a matter of taste as to which is amazing, and no Linux means that a lot of people who do like Redux won't be able to play it. Be as snarky as you want. this being the internet snark is rewarded, but feel free to also note that circumstances in which people are complaining.
Personally I think that there's nothing wrong in asking for non-Redux version or whatever. It's just a matter of how you do this, because many people are acting like GOG owes them something. They demand such and such version, at such and such price, etc.

GOG released something which isn't for you, then simply go along, wait for your turn, but do not spill poison on forums. Stop acting like a little spoiled child who wants a lollipop or else will start to cry aloud to punish its parents.
inc09nito: Stop acting like a little spoiled child who wants a lollipop or else will start to cry aloud to punish its parents.
Because noting that it's a redux version for Windows only and asking for the normal versions on multiple platforms is being a spoiled little child, right?

See, people like you are the reason we don't have nice things
deleted
Been waiting on this to go on sale. Played the original Metro 2033 when it first came out on my HD 5870 with a custom cooler. Was a little jerky but still fun. Now I have Last Light Redux on GTX 660 SLI and runs nice and smooth. Looks like they took out some options in the video settings for fine tuning.

Enjoying it so far.

THANKS GOG!!!
Well, while we're necroing, I got it on sale here, this would probably be up there for my favorite FPS if it weren't for the checkpoint system. It cuts out all the fun of experimenting, making the experience more tense, sure, but at the same time not a lot of room to maneuver due to time constraints.
down loaded this and it wont run didnt put a short cut on the desktop.
im trying to down load it again. at 10 gig a download this is almost as expencive as steam
GabiMoro: My Steam copy of Metro 2033 (the original) doesn`t work ( I assume because I don't have a Nvidia video card, requirement that I find preposterous, but whatever).

Does the Redux version work with AMD cards?
skeletonbow: I've got the Steam version of Metro 2033 and an AMD Radeon HD7850. I personally have not had any issues with running this game on my AMD hardware however I don't think it is a case of "works perfectly on all AMD cards" or "unplayable for everyone on AMD cards", but more likely some issue that is specific to your card or system perhaps. Just a data point to throw out there. :)
I'm able to play metro 2033 redux just fine with a 10 year old Radeon Hd4870 1gb....as a matter of fact the GPU might be a bit of overkill for the game but that's fine.
Post edited April 21, 2018 by psycho_killer
psycho_killer: ...10 year old Radeon Hd4870 1gb...
Are you sure it is not an HD4890?

Also, why necro the release thread to discuss it?