It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Synth your myth

<span class="bold">Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age</span>, a retro-futuristic RPG/RTS that channels the vibrant charm of the 80s', is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount.

Don't you miss the 80s? With all their explosive, naive blend of loud music, loud colors, loud techno-fantasy, and loud attitude? If there's a time when technology and magic seemed to not be at odds but a natural extension of one another, this was it. Megamagic revels in that coexistence, giving you dozens of flashy techno-magic spells, futuristic urban environments, and neon-lit dungeons in which to wreak havoc against weird unsuspecting creatures. Your quest to become a powerful wizard is paved with intense battles, pop references, and the addictive beats of synthesizer-whisperer Mitch Murder. Dig it.

Get a groove on your 80s-flavored power fantasy and master the temperamental <span class="bold">Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age</span>. The 15% launch discount will last until May 20, 12:59 PM UTC.
RPG - Check
Isometric - Check
Good Price - Check
Interesting Art Style - Check

That combat though, is the deal breaker for me here. Running around all the time and clicking spells looks more frustrating than fun. Such a shame as the rest of the game looks very interesting.
IronArcturus: So is this game similar to Shadowrun?
mrkgnao: No. It's real-time, not turn-based.
So is it more of a linear story?
mrkgnao: No. It's real-time, not turn-based.
IronArcturus: So is it more of a linear story?
I haven't played it, I just watched some video reviews.
It appears to be a run-around-in-circles-trying-avoid-the-mobs-of-monsters-while-shooting-them-with-magic-balls kind of game.
mrkgnao: I haven't played it, I just watched some video reviews.
It appears to be a run-around-in-circles-trying-avoid-the-mobs-of-monsters-while-shooting-them-with-magic-balls kind of game.
So RPG circle-strafing? :P
Tyrrhia: Looks pretty cool!

And here's hoping for Nihilumbra, a great indie game from the same company. ^_^
gamesfreak64: get it at steam if you really want it: 6.99 euros
or at gamersgate : 6.99 euros (steam)
soundtrack at 3.99 euros at gamersgate
It's currently on Sale in the Humble Store (2.44 Euros) - Steam key.plus DRM-free version...
yetanotherone: It's currently on Sale in the Humble Store (2.44 Euros) - Steam key.plus DRM-free version...
Really? >_<
Doesn't seem like it's on sale:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/megamagic-wizards-of-the-neon-age
Post edited May 14, 2016 by omega64
yetanotherone: It's currently on Sale in the Humble Store (2.44 Euros) - Steam key.plus DRM-free version...
omega64: Really? >_<
Doesn't seem like it's on sale:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/megamagic-wizards-of-the-neon-age
They meant <i>Nihilumbra</i> since the previous quotes were talking about it. ;)
Tyrrhia: They meant <i>Nihilumbra</i> since the previous quotes were talking about it. ;)
Ah, I missed that. :P
Thanks.
gamesfreak64: get it at steam if you really want it: 6.99 euros
or at gamersgate : 6.99 euros (steam)
soundtrack at 3.99 euros at gamersgate
wow, thats a way better offer :D
So many salty reviews from Russians who aren't getting their regional pricing. I like the one that says, 'Indie hack the price Witcher 3? Really?'

If Witcher 3 costs you just $15, I think you're going to have a hard time getting any sympathy from the rest of the world.
Flaose: So many salty reviews from Russians who aren't getting their regional pricing. I like the one that says, 'Indie hack the price Witcher 3? Really?'

If Witcher 3 costs you just $15, I think you're going to have a hard time getting any sympathy from the rest of the world.
Missed the release on Friday, went now to check it and I saw those reviews myself. This game has actually gotten points with this, I'll have to look into it a bit more (run-around-in-circles-trying-avoid-the-mobs-of-monsters-while-shooting-them-with-magic-balls is not my kind of game, generally) but I'm certainly getting this one sooner or later.
Flaose: So many salty reviews from Russians who aren't getting their regional pricing. I like the one that says, 'Indie hack the price Witcher 3? Really?'

P1na: Missed the release on Friday, went now to check it and I saw those reviews myself. This game has actually gotten points with this, I'll have to look into it a bit more (run-around-in-circles-trying-avoid-the-mobs-of-monsters-while-shooting-them-with-magic-balls is not my kind of game, generally) but I'm certainly getting this one sooner or later.
Don't be hasty. GOG has now fixed the bug: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1160.
Post edited May 16, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Don't be hasty. GOG has now fixed the bug: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1160.
Thank god people can edit their GOG reviews to incorporate this.
Oh wait...
mrkgnao: Don't be hasty. GOG has now fixed the bug: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1160.
Damn those bugs. They have actually pretty much killed my interest for this game, and it isn't even the game's fault. I should make a review about that.