It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Synth your myth

<span class="bold">Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age</span>, a retro-futuristic RPG/RTS that channels the vibrant charm of the 80s', is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount.

Don't you miss the 80s? With all their explosive, naive blend of loud music, loud colors, loud techno-fantasy, and loud attitude? If there's a time when technology and magic seemed to not be at odds but a natural extension of one another, this was it. Megamagic revels in that coexistence, giving you dozens of flashy techno-magic spells, futuristic urban environments, and neon-lit dungeons in which to wreak havoc against weird unsuspecting creatures. Your quest to become a powerful wizard is paved with intense battles, pop references, and the addictive beats of synthesizer-whisperer Mitch Murder. Dig it.

Get a groove on your 80s-flavored power fantasy and master the temperamental <span class="bold">Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age</span>. The 15% launch discount will last until May 20, 12:59 PM UTC.
What, no comments so far?

Anyway, RPG combined with scifi and 80s sounds interesting. Wishlisted.
Link to decent review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N08-xoZiks
Ah this one...
Looks pretty cool!

And here's hoping for Nihilumbra, a great indie game from the same company. ^_^
omega64: Link to decent review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N08-xoZiks
I must admit that the combat represented in the trailer isn't really my thing but I was willing to try. And now your linked review destroyed my hope to manage that. But I'll wait for more reviews before I remove the game from my wishlist.
game looks cool, is cool but....
i checked the videos on youtube and like i suspected from the screenshot its way to much special flashing effects, the strat is filled with lightning thunder, explosions are like the old konomi coin ops, screen filled with big bangs , explosions and other effects used in the old coin op machines.

I thought it might be a japanese jagged alliance clone but it is not, jagged alliance classic was playable , it was not loaded with tons of special flashy effects.

I have to skip this one because of too many effects, which is kinda sad, cause it looks cool.
Well i still hope old games like nightlong union city conspiracy (Team 17) will arrive here some day.

Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy is a medium-sized cyberpunk themed adventure game from Team17 Software.
Story

It's the year 2099, and the player assumes the role of the top-notch investigator named Joshua Reev. His long-time friend, Hugh Martens, summons him to help him with a matter of major political importance. It seems that a group of terrorists are tearing the city to shreds, and Martens has called on Reev to put an end to the madness.

I keep looking to get this game somewhere.
Tyrrhia: Looks pretty cool!

And here's hoping for Nihilumbra, a great indie game from the same company. ^_^
get it at steam if you really want it: 6.99 euros
or at gamersgate : 6.99 euros (steam)
soundtrack at 3.99 euros at gamersgate

There are tons of games that look and play like this, and are available all over the internet in gameshops.
I will stick to old fashioned tbs, rpg and most of all: good old point and click games (my favorites), these are the games i 'grew up' with :D
90% of my games i collected in the past 25 years are point and click games, the rest are games like c&c, red alert, baldursgates, jagged alliance,fallout (only classic versions).

Good classic point and click games (no 3d/fpp and no 'shiny ' plastic /vector looking characters) are pretty hard to find nowadays, thats why i keep searching everywhere for more of the same old click and point games.
I already have all Wadjet eye games ..... so the well has dried up .... i also have kathy rain , but more is always better, at least to me ......
Post edited May 13, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Have been waiting for this one to arrive. Looking forward to giving it a try.
It looks very interesting! I like the whole concept and the 80's feeling.
Nice. Looks cool. Too bad it's apparently not a day one release.
I like the aesthetic, but the combat is real-time. Pass.
So is this game similar to Shadowrun?
The drought phase of medieval fantasy only is over!
IronArcturus: So is this game similar to Shadowrun?
No. It's real-time, not turn-based.